◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
upload_2020-10-4_10-12-29.png

The September 2020 Season has been archived. Summary

The Snail Sunday Scoring sheets for October 4 have been prepared.

I am live broadcasting the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Rd. 3 at Spa
Two forty minute long races.

Post Race:
Close hardcore racing doesn’t get any better. The two races in my broadcast were exceptionally exciting! Race two vs @Phlano099 & @Raul Jimenez was a spectacle of driving brilliance. Second race from reverse grid was chaotic at the start!!

Mike that was some of the best racing I have experienced, between you, @Noob01_lmdead , @Xradkins , @Roman_GT23 and @Yugofan. I was fortunate enough to be on RM’s with that option gone it will be tough to keep up with you and @Bologna_Duc @Roman_GT23 @Yugofan @llNovall @Xradkins @Noob01_lmdead.

Great racing and you running 2:21.7‘s on RH’s, need to get some laps in to try and keep up.

Mike that was some of the best racing I have experienced, between you, @Noob01_lmdead , @Xradkins , @Roman_GT23 and @Yugofan. I was fortunate enough to be on RM’s with that option gone it will be tough to keep up with you and @Bologna_Duc @Roman_GT23 @Yugofan @llNovall @Xradkins @Noob01_lmdead.

Great racing and you running 2:21.7‘s on RH’s, need to get some laps in to try and keep up.
It was pretty unbelievable. Lots of fun!
@Harry Rowley showed some great pace as well. Some fantastic racing from everyone!

Just an after thought...

Good racing tonight. I did notice however, some proper etiquette was missing. Seems to be occurring more frequently over the past few weeks.

Saying sorry for an incident is courteous, (though, not while racing), it still does not erase the fact that there was an incident on track. Per our governing rules, offending driver should provide proper concession to affected driver, in every instance. Also might add, IR's don't care if you apologize, If you fail to properly concede, the penalty is always worse.

Unsafe track entry seems to be an issue as of late as well. By entering the track surface before a decent window opens, you end up affecting other drivers who weren't even involved in an incident.

I love racing in SNAIL. Had been searching for quite a while for a great league to race in. I could just spend my time floating around lobbies during the weekly races, but I knew I wouldn't be seeing the 'Quality' of racing that I do here in SNAIL. I also have a VERY competitive mindset. (If you ain't first, You're last!). It sucks to concede a race because of an on track incident. But I also know, that you could have the fastest car on the track, and also lack the respect of every other driver on the track. And to me, that is what racing is all about. I would rather be respected by everyone, and have an occasional good battle, than to dominate and win every race I enter, by any means necessary.

Am I perfect? Heck no. As a matter of fact, I made at least 2 errors myself tonight. But I do my best to correct or avoid a situation. I ask, Please think about the other driver. They may be our competitor, but they are also our colleague.

Good night all

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on October 4, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (Ineligible for Prize)
  2. Duce_LST ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (93.05 for Prize A)
  3. PX7-Jon ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 78 (86.40 for Prize C)
  4. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. no1needs2perish --- did not submit a vote
  8. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Bologna_Duc ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. MikeGrove --------- did not submit a vote
  13. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. SicKemBOI24 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 94 (83.88 for Prize B)
  2. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. aedenmaddok ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. CreAtlveManlAc ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. FooleyCooley ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. BPeacock27 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. TTTtothetop ------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - ALFA ROMEO 4C LAUNCH EDITION 2014 (SH) at Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow - 08:20 Clear (11 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @LST wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - VOLKSWAGEN GOLF I GTI 1983 (CS) at Fuji International Speedway (Short) - 12:00 Fine Weather (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @BB25 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Budgie1120 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
View media item 2540This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
The IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 2 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, 10/9/20.
Banner by @GamingPete

@BB25 @LST @Budgie1120 will be included in a convesation in the next few minutes that will contain instructions and deadlines that must be followed and met.

Anyone familiar with the t150 wheel? Recently, I've noticed it having a hard time calibrating when plugged in, sometimes calibrating 4 or 5 times before it stops. Also no longer 'centers' when calibrated. Is it time to send it down the road and upgrade? Honestly was hoping for another year with it, as I'm not sure if I'll be able to upgrade shortly after ps5 release

Anyone familiar with the t150 wheel? Recently, I've noticed it having a hard time calibrating when plugged in, sometimes calibrating 4 or 5 times before it stops. Also no longer 'centers' when calibrated. Is it time to send it down the road and upgrade? Honestly was hoping for another year with it, as I'm not sure if I'll be able to upgrade shortly after ps5 release

I had a similar issue with a t300. The wheel would spin endlessly trying to calibrate. I went to the Thrustmaster website and did an update. Fixed it. FYI: must have windows 8 or better, a problem for me as an Apple user.

Last edited:
On the subject of Wheel Problems:
My G-29 downshift paddle is jumping down 2 gears ever so often - and without warning. Sometimes it locks up the drive axle, causing all sorts of difficulties to following cars.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Not interested in sending it to Logitech, too close to GT-7 and PS5 compatible wheels. (Not going to keep the G29 for PS5)

As a US Air Force Youtube ad once told me, "The future waits for no one. So we refuse to wait for it."
Prize A Announcement
Hyundai N 2025 VISION GRAN TURISMO on RM Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop 18:00 Clear
CR 1,000,000 Gr.X HP 870 Lbs 2,143
Lap Time 1:43
maxresdefault.jpg

The Futures not coming.... its already here.
(Im sorry in advance)

Last edited:
Back