◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
https://discord.gg/WqyAETM

I am the series director of a new eight race GT3 One-Make series, beginning this weekend on 10/9 at 8:30PM eastern time. Top prize is $400 from a $1000 prize pool. All the important information can be found within my link.

Feel free to join or invite your sim racing friends! Divisions will be evenly matched for all skill levels based on a time trial. Message me with any questions.

Last edited:
On the subject of Wheel Problems:
My G-29 downshift paddle is jumping down 2 gears ever so often - and without warning. Sometimes it locks up the drive axle, causing all sorts of difficulties to following cars.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Not interested in sending it to Logitech, too close to GT-7 and PS5 compatible wheels. (Not going to keep the G29 for PS5)

G29 will be compatible with PS5 (I read somewhere in GTPlanet). Can you not find a Youtube video to help? Seems simple enough to fix if assemble is your thing. I have never had that issue, Just the pedals give me trouble when they get full of dust and hair (easy to clear out but assembly required).

One of these might help:
images

if assemble is not your thing.

Last edited:
G29 will be compatible with PS5 (I read somewhere in GTPlanet). Can you not find a Youtube video to help? Seems simple enough to fix if assemble is your thing. I have never had that issue, Just the peddles give me trouble when they get full of dust and hair (easy to clear out but assembly required).

One of these might help:
images

if assemble is not your thing.
@TEX36
I had this same problem early on with my G29. The wheel and button box is pretty easy to dis-assemble (the Allen screws at center and small Phillips on the back). Once the wheel rim is off, you can then access the circuit board on the rear of the wheel. The problem i found was the microswitch arm on the one paddle shifter was pressed in a bit too far and when depressing the paddle shifter, it would not press the switch button. I gently pulled it out a little bit to give it some more resistance to the paddle shifter. Once back together, I have not had an issue since. I'll see if I can find the youtube clip I used for dis-assembly.

Follow up to the 1:13 mark. No need to go any further. On the back side of the wheel, on the circuit board, you will see the 2 black box looking microswitches with a metal arm off each of them. Gently bend those outward a little bit to increase the tension to help apply more pressure to the switch when depressing the paddle to shift.

Hope this gets it worked out for you.:cheers:

Last edited:
LST
As a US Air Force Youtube ad once told me, "The future waits for no one. So we refuse to wait for it."
Prize A Announcement
Hyundai N 2025 VISION GRAN TURISMO on RM Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop 18:00 Clear
CR 1,000,000 Gr.X HP 870 Lbs 2,143
Lap Time 1:43
maxresdefault.jpg

The Futures not coming.... its already here.
(Im sorry in advance)
I will use the Gr1 version. Can't be any worse. NOT spending the credits (I need them for a Cobra Daytona).

@TEX36
I had this same problem early on with my G29. The wheel and button box is pretty easy to dis-assemble (the Allen screws at center and small Phillips on the back). Once the wheel rim is off, you can then access the circuit board on the rear of the wheel. The problem i found was the microswitch arm on the one paddle shifter was pressed in a bit too far and when depressing the paddle shifter, it would not press the switch button. I gently pulled it out a little bit to give it some more resistance to the paddle shifter. Once back together, I have not had an issue since. I'll see if I can find the youtube clip I used for dis-assembly.

Follow up to the 1:13 mark. No need to go any further. On the back side of the wheel, on the circuit board, you will see the 2 black box looking microswitches with a metal arm off each of them. Gently bend those outward a little bit to increase the tension to help apply more pressure to the switch when depressing the paddle to shift.

Hope this gets it worked out for you.:cheers:

Thank you for the Instructional Text and Video of the Disassembly. Hopefully I will accomplish the "repair" and not have any screws left over after putting it back together. (Memories of an engine overhaul - having a lock washer and different sized small bolt still in the tray)

Report on repair experience:
SUCCESS!!!!! It is working perfectly!!!!
Had some stumbles in the process, but all things considered, it is working like new.
Thank you for responding with excellent advice and instructions.

Last edited:
We have another non-responsive prize winner this week.

If you raced in D1 this week and are tagged below, you get to make a suggestion for Prize C (Freeze the car - VOLKSWAGEN GOLF I GTI 1983 or
to Freeze the Track - Fuji International Speedway (Short)).
  • Your suggestion must be made by posting in this thread.
  • You may not edit your post to change your suggestion.
  • The deadline to make a suggestion will be Wednesday at 11:59 PM ET.
  • A tie will be broken by the first suggestion.
@BB25 Will then choose the new part of the combo that has not been frozen

@Nicktune @LST @Timlour @Yugofan @Xradkins @Rob Brown @Noob01_lmdead @Bologna_Duc @socalnatv @racingchamp30 @MikeGrove @Kgffy

If you raced in D1 this week and are tagged below, you get to make a suggestion for Prize C (Freeze the car - VOLKSWAGEN GOLF I GTI 1983 or

@Nicktune @LST @Timlour @Yugofan @Xradkins @Rob Brown @Noob01_lmdead @Bologna_Duc @socalnatv @racingchamp30 @MikeGrove @Kgffy
Please freeze the car! I love the comfort soft tires :D

Freeze the car

Freeze the car

Sunday, October 11, 2020 Lineup
October 2020 Season - League Night #2
1. VOLKSWAGEN GOLF I GTI 1983 on CS Tires @ Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - 09:30 Cloudy - (15 Laps)
2. ZAGATO ISO RIVOLTA ZAGATO VISION GRAN TURISMO on RH Tires @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - 18:00 Clear - (11 Laps)
3. HYUNDAI N 2025 VISION GRAN TURISMO on RM Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop - 18:00 Clear - (9 Laps)

Details

You'll need to use the correct car or skip those two races. Just run an autopilot race overnight for quick credits.

Well I guess spending $1 000 000 on the Gr1 car was a waste of money, now another $1 000 000 for the GrX. Fine print. Fine print. What's a few credits among friends. @Xradkins do what I do to reap cash: campaign mode; GT League; Professional League; Premium Sports lounge; Race 1 @ Blue Moon in a tuned XBow. Search GTPlanet for "
Fastest XP/Credit Farming Setup" It's a 12 minute race. With car handicap and a clean race you get $375 000. I used it to buy all my $10 000 000+ cars. Happy farming.

I am able to host a practice lobby tonight. Would be very helpful if someone else could manage texting during practice.

Sooo, my internet is suddenly ssllloooooowwwwww. I’ve just been in a lobby with no apparent issues but someone might be prepared to backup host in case things are not well.

Well I guess spending $1 000 000 on the Gr1 car was a waste of money, now another $1 000 000 for the GrX. Fine print. Fine print. What's a few credits among friends. @Xradkins do what I do to reap cash: campaign mode; GT League; Professional League; Premium Sports lounge; Race 1 @ Blue Moon in a tuned XBow. Search GTPlanet for "
Fastest XP/Credit Farming Setup" It's a 12 minute race. With car handicap and a clean race you get $375 000. I used it to buy all my $10 000 000+ cars. Happy farming.
I used a Sarthe 2 lap race that only took 7.5 minutes to yield 375,000cr using the ultra expensive Jaguar all maxed out hp and min weight.
4D21336D-7BBB-4E57-A3CA-B3D4A09518DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Back