Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. IceWarden

IceWarden

Lies....

2. aedenmaddok

aedenmaddok

I can confirm this vote. I'm still working out getting write permissions to the data spreadsheet, so @Rob Brown was filling in as the backup. He must have missed @Xradkins vote after R2R2.

3. JFlagg_PGH

JFlagg_PGH

I have read the first post and would like to join, or rather re-join. I used to race with you guys back in 2016-17 and just upgraded my set up so I can play GT Sport. Looks like a few familiar names are still around in here!

4. nmcp1

nmcp1

@JFlagg_PGH
    Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

GTP_Guido likes this.
  5. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

I missed xrads vote. I failed to inquire if anyone noticed if Xrad voted. Sorry. -> Result: Bring the Supra back! Hey, this is like the presidential election - vote early then don’t call it over until you come up with the number of votes that you need (after-the-fact). Welcome to the new era! Giddy up!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  6. IceWarden

IceWarden

Agree Supra is one of the most fun normal cars I’ve seen. But if @Timlour freezes the track instead then I vow to choose another fun car :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  7. Timlour

Timlour

Phlano099 likes this.
  8. IceWarden

IceWarden

I’ll off to find a new track then :)

Timlour likes this.
  9. IceWarden

IceWarden

Prize B track selection

Kyoto Driving Park-Yamagiwa at 11:30.

Initial testing in the 1:52.xxx range.

Lots of fun 4 wheel drift opportunities :)

@JLBowler

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Phlano099 and GTP_Guido like this.
  10. LST

LST

Prize A Announcement
    PEUGEOT 908 HDI FAP TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL 2010 on RM Tires @ Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B 13:20 Clear
    Cr. 1,000,000
    Gr.1
    700 HP
    2,050 Lbs
    Lap Time: 1:46
    @JLBowler

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  11. Rednose58

Rednose58

What is the weather at Kyoto Driving Park-Yamagiwa at 11:30? (Clear, Fine Weather, Cloudy?)

12. IceWarden

IceWarden

It is fine.

Rednose58 likes this.
  13. Rednose58

Rednose58

Sunday, December 6, 2020 Lineup
    December 2020 Season - League Night #2
    1. TOYOTA GR SUPRA RZ 2020 on SS Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 11:30 Fine Weather - (8 Laps)
    2. ALFA ROMEO 4C GR.4 on RH Tires @ Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East - 05:00 Clear - (11 Laps)
    3. PEUGEOT 908 HDI FAP TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL 2010 on RM Tires @ Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B - 13:20 Clear - (9 Laps)

Details

14. CANOWORMS1

CANOWORMS1

I want to make sure there's practice tonight. If I don't see a lobby up, my cunning plan is to open a lobby a 9 pm est for 30 minutes of warm up, 10 minutes at each combo. At 9:30 est I plan on running each combo for 2 short races. I hope you can join me.

15. CANOWORMS1

CANOWORMS1

Practice lobby open. 0475-4260-6563-5837-4468

Edit: Closed

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Kgffy, aedenmaddok and Akzl298 like this.
  16. Kgffy

Kgffy

Hi Snails been quiet hear, did couple hours of gts online races, Porsche with SH tires and wow met some great drivers and some fun racing, yikes took me days too get A/S rating

Yugofan, Rob Brown, Akzl298 and 2 others like this.
  17. Akzl298

Akzl298

D2 Data for 11/29 complete

stelephant and Rednose58 like this.
  18. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

CANOWORMS1 and Akzl298 like this.
  19. Rednose58

Rednose58

upload_2020-12-6_11-35-34.png
    The Snail Sunday Scoring sheets for Dec 6 have been prepared

Akzl298 likes this.
  20. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

D2 Lobby Open.
    0475-4253-3280-2008-7876

Akzl298 likes this.
  21. Timlour

Timlour

D1 lobby open

ID: 0475-4253-3278-8587-0148

Kgffy likes this.
  22. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

All hosts should start tonight's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to give someone who was already in the lobby their three minutes to return from the time they left, provided they are believed to have been disconnected, or to sort invisible driver issues.

23. LST

LST

D1 replays uploaded

Rednose58, Phlano099 and aedenmaddok like this.
  24. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Uploaded 5 replays. Internet cut off during last race so someone needs to upload R3R2 in D2. Thank you.

Rednose58, Phlano099 and Akzl298 like this.
  25. Akzl298

Akzl298

Rednose58 likes this.
  26. Akzl298

Akzl298

R3R2 Uploaded

Rednose58 likes this.
  27. aedenmaddok

aedenmaddok

Timlour and Rednose58 like this.
  28. Rednose58

Rednose58

upload_2020-12-6_23-25-5.png
    Scores for Dec 6 have been copied to Data

Summary

Akzl298 likes this.
  29. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

llNovall likes this.
  30. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on December 6, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
    1. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (Ineligible for Prize)
    2. Duce_LST ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 87 (92.12 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
    3. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (91.06 for Prize C)
    4. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    5. Nic-KL ------------ did not submit a vote
    6. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    7. aedenmaddok ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    8. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    9. PX7-Jon ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    10. Kgffty ------------ did not submit a vote
    11. no1needs2perish --- did not submit a vote
    Division 2
    1. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 96 (90.36 for Prize B)
    2. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    3. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    4. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    5. FooleyCooley ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    6. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
    7. CreAtlveManlAc ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
    8. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
    Round 2 - ALFA ROMEO 4C GR.4 (RH) at Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East - 05:00 Clear (11 laps)
    Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @LST wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
    PLEASE NOTE: Since @LST has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 1 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D1 drivers from Sunday night start TESTING combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post a good combo when @JLBowler gives the "all clear". It's important to mention that a good combo will not have a car that hits its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft). Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @LST is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
    Round 1 - TOYOTA GR SUPRA RZ 2020 (SS) at Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 11:30 Fine Weather (8 laps)
    This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @IceWarden gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Timlour so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
    See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
    See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

STEAMER62 and llNovall like this.