◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
All hosts should start tonight's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to give someone who was already in the lobby their three minutes to return from the time they left, provided they are believed to have been disconnected, or to sort invisible driver issues.

Great racing tonight in division 2. I like the change! Next is prohibiting ALL aids (maybe just Div1). Next, next is getting Nordschleife on the list of tracks! 2021 is off to a great start!
Great first night to the new year! I agree, nordschleife is long overdo, along with special stage route x (the restrictor plate type racer in me). Would love to see SNAILer's battling it out on those courses

D1 scores and votes entered

@Rednose58
I need the fast laps for R1R1, R2R2 and R3R, please. The Fast laps in row 3 are calculated.

Edit: I got the first two from Sam's YouTube stream. Unfortunately, he didn't press on the Results Page, so I'm not sure if someone snapped R3R1fast lap away from you.

Edit 2: I'll assume that Mike's lap in R3R2 is the fastest for the night and copy the scores to data.

Thanks for volunteering to do scoring. First time around sometimes has a glitch or two, no worries.

Last edited:
upload_2021-1-4_10-1-17.png

Scores for January 3 have been copied to Data

Summary

Well I have no idea where all the extra drivers came from but I’m happy they showed. The previous race night I think we had 16 total and then last night we had 27? All I can say is thank goodness.

It could have gone the other way but didn’t :)

30 Unique drivers for the November season. 28 Unique drivers for the entire season in December and 27 on the first night in January. Granted, a couple of those didn't hang around for the whole night but it's a pretty good start. Hoping it keeps up.

View attachment 982524

:lol::lol::lol:

No but seriously, your pace has improved dramatically Cano. We'll see you in D1 in a few months!

Edit: I believe I've fixed the problem.

Thank you for that. Much appreciated. But seriously, D1 in a few months??? lol I'm shooting for the top of Div 3 at the moment. See below.

WAAAYYY too cocky. WAAAYYY too soon. While I did record my 1st legitimate win in SNAIL I also had to file an IR against myself in R2R2 for the first time in 2 months, sorry about that @JamCar0ne . And yes, a 2 month clean record is nothing to brag about, unless of course it's your longest streak of the year. lol.

Anyway, the real reason for this post is to ask about my driving, namely brake lights. In reviewing replays of last night I noticed my brake lights coming on a inopportune times, ie. the middle of the back straight at the Nurburgring. I observed this numerous times, sadly sometimes just before I really want to brake = brake check?. I must be resting my left foot on the brake...DUH! Never knew it. I have a Fanatek CSL Elite wheel and pedals with the load cell kit. Is it an ergonomic thing? Should I try to reposition pedals? Should I just grow up and stop doing it? I think there is a dead zone adjustment if I connect my wheel/pedals to Fanatek's site. Not sure of the process. A Mac user must dive into the Microsoft world to connect the two. So, if my strange brake light behaviour caused those behind me to hesitate, sorry, and I'm working on it.

Last edited:
Break lights will show if any amount of the brake bar shows in the hud. I had this issue with a dusty peddle on my G29 setup. I needed to get in there and clear the junk from the potentiometer causing a false application of the brake peddle. Common issue for Logitech peddles. You'll need to keep and eye on that if it's what you have for a wheel.

Last edited:
I think there is a dead zone adjustment if I connect my wheel/pedals to Fanatek's site.
Oh my, the way you stated this gives me grave concern. If you’re using any Fanatec equipment, you have to download the latest updates and install them. After which, you need to run through calibrations. You can calibrate the brake pedal so that the first little bit of displacement does not register.

Last edited:
I need the fast laps for R1R1, R2R2 and R3R, please. The Fast laps in row 3 are calculated.

Edit: I got the first two from Sam's YouTube stream. Unfortunately, he didn't press on the Results Page, so I'm not sure if someone snapped R3R1fast lap away from you.

Edit 2: I'll assume that Mike's lap in R3R2 is the fastest for the night and copy the scores to data.

Thanks for volunteering to do scoring. First time around sometimes has a glitch or two, no worries.
I can confirm I had the fastest lap for R3R1. Just added to the sheet.

Just checked everything looks to be correct

Both races for round 1 show up when searching for 20210103d2r1r1 and 20210103d2r1r2. If the tags for the other four races are correct, I should be able to find them by using tags with the round number changed but that's not the case. Please check what you have under tag#1 and make sure they are correct. They should read as follows:

20210103d2r2r1, 20210103d2r2r2, 20210103d2r3r1, and 20210103d2r3r2.

Both races for round 1 show up when searching for 20210103d2r1r1 and 20210103d2r1r2. If the tags for the other four races are correct, I should be able to find them by using tags with the round number changed but that's not the case. Please check what you have under tag#1 and make sure they are correct. They should read as follows:

Ruh roh raggy.

I was host and I labeled like this...
Snailracing D2R1R1

Should I have put the date in the room label? Kind of last second decision to host but back in the day I remember it wasn’t required.

Ok after putting the correct tags on they are uo sorry about the confusion

Ruh roh raggy.

I was host and I labeled like this...
Snailracing D2R1R1

Should I have put the date in the room label? Kind of last second decision to host but back in the day I remember it wasn’t required.

The name of the lobby has no effect on how it is tagged. The tag is completed when the replay is upoladed / shared.

Ok after putting the correct tags on they are uo sorry about the confusion

Thank you for taking care of that. They all show up in a search now.

Oh my, the way you stated this gives me grave concern. If you’re using any Fanatec equipment, you have to download the latest updates and install them. After which, you need to run through calibrations. You can calibrate the brake pedal so that the first little bit of displacement does not register.

I don't often state myself well. And if @Rob Brown has "grave concerns" imagine how I felt. lol. I did have issues with my PC laptop, flaky wifi connections, no memory of what I did 7 months ago when I first got my Fanatec wheel and pedals, but I think it's all good now. I installed the latest firmware updates and was able to set the minimum brake pedal travel before brakes are applied. I dialled some in and it seems to have worked.
PS: Let me know if you notice my brake lights coming on inappropriately....assuming you're behind me and paying attention. lol

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back