◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
I have read the first post and would like to join SNAIL. I heard about SNAIL awhile back but never follow up to joining. I’m interest joining now.

Respectully
Rugged47

@Rugged47

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Race Finish.jpg
Division 3, Round 3 Race 2 Finish. @CdnSweetTee won that race, Myself in 2nd and @CourageRising coming in 3rd very close finish to end the night.

Congrats @CdnSweetTee on your first ever Snail victory! Great job and keep up the great driving.

I was behind @CdnSweetTee, @CourageRising and @CANOWORMS1. Last 2 laps Tee did very well defending her position in first place and got the win. Alot of pressure from myself, Courage and Can trying to pass. Tee did excellent defending her position and getting her win last night and i am sure she will win many more races. Congratulations on a job well done @CdnSweetTee on defending your position for the lead and taking the win in a very close finish. :)

Last edited:
Sorry. I’ll get those tonight when I do the data
Fastest lap for a combo earn points. It has to be done on race night to have the final scores. I only need the fastest lap for each race, not for each driver, please (look at D1 entries).

Last edited:
I was behind @CdnSweetTee, @CourageRising and @CANOWORMS1. Last 2 laps Tee did very well defending her position in first place and got the win. Alot of pressure from myself, Courage and Can trying to pass. Tee did excellent defending her position and getting her win last night and i am sure she will win many more races. Congratulations on a job well done @CdnSweetTee on defending your position for the lead and taking the win in a very close finish. :)
I could definitely feel the pressure from behind and had to remind myself to focus on the windshield and not my mirror lol. Looking forward to many more races and hopefully a win or two along the way. Thanks:)

Last edited:

Since you're not willing to let it die or to create a series and see how much interest there really is (hint, it's been tried before and there wasn't even enough interest to get it off the ground), I'll make a deal.

If you go and test every SNAIL eligible car in the game and compile a comprehensive list of all the cars that everyone in SNAIL can run a sub 5:30 lap with, I'll take it to the BoD and discuss how many cars are acutally available and if it might be worth the potential of restricting a prize winner if the track gets frozen (not fair to a prize winner to stick them with a track that only leaves a handful of car choices). This would also require an altering to the five minute lap time rule that already exists.

When I say testing, I'm talking about actual lap times from multiple drivers with every car in the game. The obvious cars that won't do it can be omitted. I don't want to see a "test" like what happened when a group wanted Bathurst included in GT6 in spite of it's graphical issues and they ran a test night a reported that everything was good when it really wasn't.

You do the work and we'll take it under consideration. The ball is in your court.

Last edited:
Then let’s say the Turd Ring does get included. And one magical night the stars align to race on its glorious narrowness.

I can guarantee more than half the population will have some sort of obligation to do something “important” which will cause them to bail early right before that round is set to start.

I know the disappointment of missing such an opportunity for super close and fun racing will be excruciating...but hey, I’ve really got some drying paint to watch tomorrow so I’ve got to get to bed early.

Since you're not willing to let it die or to create a series and see how much interest there really is (hint, it's been tried before and there wasn't even enough interest to get it off the ground), I'll make a deal.

If you go and test every SNAIL eligible car in the game and compile a comprehensive list of all the cars that everyone in SNAIL can run a sub 5:30 lap with, I'll take it to the BoD and discuss how many cars are acutally available and if it might be worth the potential of restricting a prize winner if the track gets frozen (not fair to a prize winner to stick them with a track that only leaves a handful of car choices). This would also require an altering to the five minute lap time rule that already exists.

When I say testing, I'm talking about actual lap times from multiple drivers with every car in the game. The obvious cars that won't do it can be omitted. I don't want to see a "test" like what happened when a group wanted Bathurst included in GT6 in spite of it's graphical issues and they ran a test night a reported that everything was good when it really wasn't.

You do the work and we'll take it under consideration. The ball is in your court.

That is a short list....

I love the effort Mike. A+

Then let’s say the Turd Ring does get included. And one magical night the stars align to race on its glorious narrowness.
I can guarantee more than half the population will have some sort of obligation to do something “important” which will cause them to bail early right before that round is set to start.
I know the disappointment of missing such an opportunity for super close and fun racing will be excruciating...but hey, I’ve really got some drying paint to watch tomorrow so I’ve got to get to bed early.
Funny. I guess you’ll miss all Tokyo races then?

That is a short list....
Go back to making dinner! Ha.

@JLBowler “Everyone“ is a [clever] loophole. 5:30 minutes? Just struck me. From where did that come? That blows it outta the water. 8:15 opens car list to many.

Last edited:
Funny. I guess you’ll miss all Tokyo races then?

@JLBowler “Everyone“ is a [clever] loophole. 5:30 minutes? Just struck me. From where did that come? That blows it outta the water. 8:15 opens car list to many.
So far yes...I have missed all the Tokyo races :)

This does seem an odd little crusade just to include one road on the list. Good luck.

Last edited:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on January 31, 2021

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (Ineligible for Prize)
  2. Duce_LST ---------- did not submit a vote - 89 (64.51 for Prize C)
  3. gatordaryl -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (110.82 for Prize A)
  2. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Dub-L-Dee --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. NooTiMe72 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. aedenmaddok ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 3
  1. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 92 (90.77 for Prize B)
  2. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. FooleyCooley ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. CreAtlveManlAc ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. nog3861 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Drummmer1979 ------ did not submit a vote
  9. Alexrider007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - BMW M3 GT BMW MOTORSPORT 2011 (RH) at Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 16:45 Clear (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Kgffy wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - FERRARI 512 BB 1976 (SS) at Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A - 15:10 Fine Weather (4 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @racingchamp30 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @LST so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back