◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Hey guys I would like to join. I'm usually free sundays, but like everyone, sometimes I won't be able to make it. It looks like you guys have a pretty good program and some good drivers in this league. It looks like it will be fun :)

It's great that you are joining us. All we need is Jett and there will be enough guys for Doodle's division 0 - AKA Division 51

It's great that you are joining us. All we need is Jett and there will be enough guys for Doodle's division 0 - AKA Division 51

The more I see Division 1 referred to as Division 51, the more I like it :)

At the risk of offending those in it, would a rename of Division 1 be acceptable? If not, no worries at all!

The more I see Division 1 referred to as Division 51, the more I like it :)

At the risk of offending those in it, would a rename of Division 1 be acceptable? If not, no worries at all!

I think it being Division 1 is enough prestige. They don't need their egos inflated further. :sly:

I think it being Division 1 is enough prestige. They don't need their egos inflated further. :sly:

I wasn't looking at it from an ego perspective, more of a fun play on a label for a group of drivers.

And to be honest, I don't really know what the views of the drivers in it are, with respect to being called an Alien.

Hey guys I would like to join. I'm usually free sundays, but like everyone, sometimes I won't be able to make it. It looks like you guys have a pretty good program and some good drivers in this league. It looks like it will be fun :)

Right on! Our points system has a built in buffer that allows everyone to miss races and not have it affect their overall score. That's if you care about points in the first place. A lot of drivers are simply here for the close competition and didn't really care about points (RIP_Welsh_Don for example).

SNAILs, now is an ideal time to recruit your friends to join us. The September season is now over (final standing will be announced later tonight) and we'll be starting the October season this Sunday night. Therefore, anyone who joins now will get to participate in a full season. If they want to try us out before deciding, just invite them to race with us during tomorrow night's practices races. :)

I wasn't looking at it from an ego perspective, more of a fun play on a label for a group of drivers.

And to be honest, I don't really know what the views of the drivers in it are, with respect to being called an Alien.

Yeah, it was that way when someone started being refereed to as a "racing goddess." Look what happened with that ego.

So the NSX is heading to SSR5.

Any word on what is replacing the SRT/Laguna?

No word from Joey yet. He's new to S.N.A.I.L. so he might not know that we're waiting for his Prize A selection, let alone what the heck Prize A is in the first place. :lol:

I'll send him a PM.

So, for the September Series... are you counting each racer's top 3 weeks or top 4 weeks? I know there was some uncertainty since attendance on Labor Day was a little low.

So, for the September Series... are you counting each racer's top 3 weeks or top 4 weeks? I know there was some uncertainty since attendance on Labor Day was a little low.

September had 5 Sundays, so what we did was drop Sept. 2nd and made the rest of the month best 3 of 4 weeks, per usual.

Which reminds me, we had a question about what we do for months with 5 Sundays, I believe and correct me if I'm wrong zer0 ;), it becomes a best 4 of 5.

Kcheeb, I thought we were keeping Labor Day. It sure was not the fault of those who did show ended up with inflated scores because of the no shows. If we had known they would not show, my guess is we may have cancelled.

Kcheeb, I thought we were keeping Labor Day. It sure was not the fault of those who did show ended up with inflated scores because of the no shows. If we had known they would not show, my guess is we may have cancelled.

Had to go back through some posts to find this announcement and ensuing discussion :)

September is best 3 of 4 weeks from September 9th on.

If it can be made available to everyone I don't see a problem with it. Better ask the man, though.

I created one....we used it for cat and mouse one night a long while back I think. I just put it back on share. Used the Subaru BRZ on it yesterday and was getting times around 2:40 (4 mile track) from memory.

However, there is a high speed section which probably won't suit any cars that top out around 130ph, lol

Last edited:
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but let's keep it to non-custom tracks for now. I can assure you that getting all 60+ members to successfully download a shared track will be difficult to complete by Sunday night, let alone by tomorrow night (which is when the practice races take place). :nervous:

zer05ive
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but let's keep it to non-custom tracks for now. I can assure you that getting all 60+ members to successfully download a shared track will be difficult to complete by Sunday night, let alone by tomorrow night (which is when the practice races take place). :nervous:

zer0, you could download them to the divisional accounts everyone would just have to practice there. It is a little short notice though.

Both true, but there's more to it than that. If we allow custom tracks, it would involve a lot of extra work and complexity each time one is selected. For example, I'd have to add the track owner to each divisional accounts friend list, right? Then I'd need to download it for each account of the five accounts. And considering that sometimes results aren't made official until late Tuesday night, I would potentially only have a small window of time after work on Wednesday to get all this done in time for the practice races later that night.

I get that custom tracks can be "something new", but there's also the likelihood that many drivers will show up on Sunday night having never raced on the track before. Several members have stated in the past that they love being able to just show up once a week on Sunday night and have an awesome two hours of racing. Making custom tracks available would require everyone to learn it from scratch and practice it if they want any chance of success on Sunday night.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure if the pros outweigh the cons. The league has been running for almost a year and there are still in-game tracks that we haven't been to. I'm of the opinion that we should at least "run out" of the in-game tracks before we decide to allow custom tracks. Thoughts?

zer05ive
The league has been running for almost a year and there are still in-game tracks that we haven't been to. I'm of the opinion that we should at least "run out" of the in-game tracks before we decide to allow custom tracks. Thoughts?

The possibility of getting a track without a chokehold or train wreck turn 1, getting wide enough for passing (at times), wonderful.

The disaster of folks who do not look into resources, or, to quote someone hereabouts, to follow directions, should not solely dictate what or how we race. Further, the cost compared to a DLC is...

=};-{D

ok how bout '69 vette on suzuka since f1 is there this weekend :)

I'm not in front of my PS3 to test, so apologies in advance if this is off-base, but did you test to see if the 'vette hits its rev limit in top gear there? That's a common problem we've had with the older cars on faster tracks.

Back