For Prize A;

Attachments

• 1EA45284-6ADC-4C36-AB06-9307866D88F6.jpeg
    1EA45284-6ADC-4C36-AB06-9307866D88F6.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 9
  • 62C41128-1332-40C0-A059-4A14E47DEBC3.jpeg
    62C41128-1332-40C0-A059-4A14E47DEBC3.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 9
Someone once told me that consistency in racing is more important than speed. However, I don't think having the same lap time at Sarthe in the Vantage, 4 weeks running is what they had in mind. I felt good about my driving last Sunday, but would have felt even better if I had gotten just a bit faster.

I would like to host a workshop tomorrow, Wednesday, focusing on how to drive Sarthe. I will start a party chat and open a lobby at 8 or 9 pm eastern. Time dependant on preferences indicated, should anyone indicate one. I'm hoping for a conversation about lines, gears, braking points, braking amounts, etc.

My lap times are rock solid in the 4:08 range, 4 weeks running! Which is 4 seconds off of Div 2's best and 8 seconds off Div 1. I invite others to join as students, or even possibly as teachers. I'll post again tomorrow with more details. Post any interest you might have.

Edit: I'm just opening a lobby for people to share what works for them.

Last edited:
Someone once told me that consistency in racing is more important than speed. However, I don't think having the same lap time at Sarthe in the Vantage, 4 weeks running is what they had in mind. I felt good about my driving last Sunday, but would have felt even better if I had gotten just a bit faster.

I would like to host a workshop tomorrow, Wednesday, focusing on how to drive Sarthe. I will start a party chat and open a lobby at 8 or 9 pm eastern. Time dependant on preferences indicated, should anyone indicate one. I'm hoping for a conversation about lines, gears, braking points, braking amounts, etc.

My lap times are rock solid in the 4:08 range, 4 weeks running! Which is 4 seconds off of Div 2's best and 8 seconds off Div 1. I invite others to join as students, or even possibly as teachers. I'll post again tomorrow with more details. Post any interest you might have.
Here is a good guide

I have read the first post and would like to join
@The Engineer

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

A good place to start, would be to review all of the D1 replays for that combo. You can pick up a lot just by observing our top SNAILer's.
Totally agree. And I do this often. I find a couple of things though; I can see, for instance, exactly when a driver applies their brakes, but not what they were looking at to make that decision, It can be hard to determine how hard they are applying the brakes (I know pedal pressure settings have an impact here), thought processes involved, etc.
Here is a good guide
Another great resource. I had previously saved your recommended video to watch, and did. Very good. Again: Can't ask questions or give comment. Questions like: How the heck do you go so fast through the Porsche and Corvette corners?

Combos for 10/17:

1. HONDA S800 1966 on CS Tires @ Tsukuba Circuit - 10:00 Cloudy - (12 Laps)
2. MERCEDES-BENZ MERCEDES-AMG GT S 2015 on SS Tires @ Nürburgring GP - 17:00 Clear - (7 Laps)
3. ASTON MARTIN VI2 VANTAGE GT3 2012 on RH Tires @ Circuit de la Sarthe - 15:00 Clear - (4 Laps)

Screenshot_20211014-062155_Sheets.jpg

1634518379061.png

The score sheets for Oct 17 are ready and is based on this list of divers (in no particular sorting order)

PSN DataGTP NameStatusDiv
Bologna_DucBologna_Ducpt1
Dub-L-DeeDubldeept1
FREEREVNFREEREVN pt1
gatordarylgatordarylyes1
Grandpas_MoneyGrandpa Money pt1
Harru_Rowley_10Harry_Rowley_10pt1
KgfftyKgffyyes1
MikeGroveMikeGroveyes1
Nic-KLNicktuneyes1
no1needs2perishRob Brownyes1
NooTiMe72Notime72yes1