◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,698 comments
1638722946368.png

The Snail Sunday Scoring sheets for Dec 5 have been prepared. Final season for 2021 - make the most of it.

My Additional Data pages have been updated, to reflect the November season.

Current points for the year:

For this year, the final points will be based off of your best 9 of 12 results. If you notice the PTIT column in the sheet, this number reflects what you will have to score in the month of December, to increase your overall points.

This was our first attempt at turn 1 during Thursday's practice. It's a long sprint and we all arrived as a pack, a tight pack. It was better the 2nd time. I got a pretty good tap into the pack.

My Additional Data pages have been updated, to reflect the November season.

Current points for the year:

For this year, the final points will be based off of your best 9 of 12 results. If you notice the PTIT column in the sheet, this number reflects what you will have to score in the month of December, to increase your overall points.

Update:

I added a second points total page in the spreadsheet, for Total 2021 Points. In case anyone was interested in accumulated points

Best of luck this December season!

Hosts should start the night's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to delay the start is to sort connection issues for those that were in the room on time or to give someoen who was in the room on time their 3 minutes to return to the lobby.

Hey y’all, you may want to prepare for Nerdturdring while driving the ‘66 Shelby A/C Cobra 427 equipped with 5 speed transmission! Turd disturber

Oh yeah, with stipulation: ABS off
Are you finally planning that one-off event that has been suggested so many times in the past?

Are you finally planning that one-off event that has been suggested so many times in the past?
Why … yes. Yes I am. I have hosted at least 2 such events but it is time for another!
BTW, I’d sure liked the event you coordinated (but you couldn’t attend last minute), where we had to shoot for a lap time but could not exceed it. Would love to do that again.
Also, good to see you on track last night. Nice fast lap with the 358. No one could touch that time! Well except for the handful of D1 guys that we won’t acknowledge at this moment.

Last edited:
Why … yes. Yes I am. I have hosted at least 2 such events but it is time for another!
BTW, I’d sure liked the event you coordinated (but you couldn’t attend last minute), where we had to shoot for a lap time but could not exceed it. Would love to do that again.
Also, good to see you on track last night. Nice fast lap with the 358. No one could touch that time! Well except for the handful of D1 guys that we won’t acknowledge at this moment.
I'm going to guess that most, if not all, of D1 can touch a 39.2 with that combo.

I still have the spreadsheet to score that. It was called index racing. It's better when everyone gets the spirit of the event and runs a car that can just barely run the time as opposed to having a car that is much faster and having to pedal it.

I'm going to guess that most, if not all, of D1 can touch a 39.2 with that combo.

I still have the spreadsheet to score that. It was called index racing. It's better when everyone gets the spirit of the event and runs a car that can just barely run the time as opposed to having a car that is much faster and having to pedal it.
As I recall, one could hedge Index Racing like that but the penalty for beating the the set lap time was severe, something like 5 seconds. Anyway, I don’t remember anyone using that tactic. However, my choice will be very different next time from what I learned (from the hard way).

As I recall, one could hedge Index Racing like that but the penalty for beating the the set lap time was severe, something like 5 seconds. Anyway, I don’t remember anyone using that tactic. However, my choice will be very different next time from what I learned (from the hard way).
The problem the first time we did it is that guys found a car that could run the time on lap one from a standing start and then would slam the brakes just before the start finish line at the end of every lap.

I countered that with a different time for lap 1 and increasing the penalties for running under the lap time.

I may look at bringing it back for a night this winter.

Index Racing. The more I think about it, the more I want to see the event repeated. Thought we’d have a free Sunday at the end of this month but I looked- there isn’t.
We need several things to make it come to fruition on a day other than an open Sunday; 1. A few more drivers in the SNAIL pool. 2. Someone with influence to organize it and pull it off.

Let me see if I can find a day to make the index racing happen again. We will need plenty of advance notice as it takes some testing by each driver to get around the index time for each race.

Hey guys, long time no see. I've been playing GT again a bit and I'm really old and slow now - would love to do some practice laps with y'all until I feel like I'm mostly back up to speed lol. I'll probably put in my official join request once I feel less stupidly slow. (currently a road hazard)

:)

Latest Posts

Back