◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
Well I've lost tire noise but that never bothered me much. Losing all car sounds, though? Craziness.

Only time losing tire noise gets me is when i drift. But I've only lost tire noise a handful of times. I wonder about the engine thing though. It only happened once and it seems it was around the same time I turned off all the music.

Can someone break in my RX7 for me? Thanks!

I can't break in your Mazda, but I did send you one.
You'll have to paint it your colors.
Just curious why you can't put the miles on yourself, too busy with Seasonals?

Speaking of Seasonals, can someone please remind me which ones are the "big money" seasonals? I'm interested in B-spec only. Minimum effort with maximum reward is what I'm after right now.

I just bought the half-priced R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) '09 and now I'm down to only 149,891 credits. Can't even buy the half-priced NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car with that.. :ouch:

B-spec seasonal 3 at Suzuka I believe. Usually pays 500k with 200% bonus nets $1mil. (may still be double) I find that a detuned Mazda furia beats anything except the BMW mclaren f1. If the F1 shows up just exit and try again.

I beat the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II by 0.096 seconds! With the 200% seasonal bonus plus my 130% sign-in bonus, I scored $1,351,740. 👍

I'll be washing, rinsing, and repeating for a while. :)

I beat the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II by 0.096 seconds! With the 200% seasonal bonus plus my 130% sign-in bonus, I scored $1,351,740. 👍

I'll be washing, rinsing, and repeating for a while. :)
I always try to keep my login bonus at 200% as it makes a huge difference on that event.

Speaking of Seasonals, can someone please remind me which ones are the "big money" seasonals? I'm interested in B-spec only. Minimum effort with maximum reward is what I'm after right now.

I just bought the half-priced R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) '09 and now I'm down to only 149,891 credits. Can't even buy the half-priced NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car with that.. :ouch:

As someone mentioned, the easiest, is the Suzuka (Spec B / 2 or 3), for 2 mill if you win. The MacLaren/BMW or the Chapparal J ('70) are silly easy money, I tweak the suspension/brakes/turbo-when-I-can, and go to fire'n forget mode.

Run those while you do laundry, dishes, clean/vacuum, general keep the wife-happy duties, and you're not running out of credits. :dopey:

I keep my 2 accts and son's acct at 200% (and maxing the 10 paint chips a day) by simply logging in... takes a minute, but worth it, imho.
---
HTTR!

I'm usually at 200% without even trying, but spending Christmas out of town screwed that up for me.

Oh well, I'm having my bobs grind through Seasonal #3 at 130% and slowing restoring my credits (although I keep getting 2nd place unless I "whisper in his ear" to increase his pace :))

Impatiently awaiting for Sunday's rematch!

I'm in D4 and ran:
1.40 was my best lap at Cape Ring with no engine sound.
wolf,

Yea I want a straight up re-match.

Do you mean 1:30 by any chance? I am running 1:25.0. And see low 1:24's being achievable.
edit -- Just realized I was running on the wrong track:dunce:

Last edited:
I'm usually at 200% without even trying, but spending Christmas out of town screwed that up for me.

Oh well, I'm having my bobs grind through Seasonal #3 at 130% and slowing restoring my credits (although I keep getting 2nd place unless I "whisper in his ear" to increase his pace :))

Wonder if a guy couldn't set his date back and log in. Save. Set date forward a day. Log in Save. Till you are at present day. ???

Btw I too have been busy busy busy. Finally settled back down. Looking forward to getting back in the groove.

I wore my SNAIL shirt to the GF's family Christmas. ;)

wolf,

Do you mean 1:30 by any chance? I am running 1:25.0. And see low 1:24's being achievable.
1: 25 at Cape Ring? WOW! The fastest times from Wednesday practice were 1: 35/36.

wolf,

No, I meant 1:40... try driving this car with no sound... you'll see that it is very easy to miss the gears and slow down a lot. Are you on the right tyres? :grumpy: .. by the way, the Mazda is already broken in and washed ready to race! Perhaps even on Saturday night for a practice run.

After rebooting my PS3 3 times, the sound glitch was fixed; but it did scared me for a bit, since the first 2 times the issue did not correct itself. This was not only within GT5, but also the sound from movies, music, etc.

Work beckons for me all day Sat/Sun and Mon so I will be absent this Sunday. Poopy!

Are you the guy that sets up all the fireworks for New Years?

No, I meant 1:40... try driving this car with no sound... you'll see that it is very easy to miss the gears and slow down a lot. Are you on the right tyres? :grumpy: .. by the way, the Mazda is already broken in and washed ready to race! Perhaps even on Saturday night for a practice run.
1: 25 at Cape Ring? WOW! The fastest times from Wednesday practice were 1: 35/36.
Ah I think I see the problem. On the right tires but wrong track:dunce: For some reason I thought we were running Cape Ring South. I guess I will have to try out the North section of the track:)

edit--- 3 laps at north ring and ran a 1:38.0 so no longer feel like I am a Driving God:(

Last edited:
Wonder if a guy couldn't set his date back and log in. Save. Set date forward a day. Log in Save. Till you are at present day. ???

Hmm.. That's an interesting idea. I think it would probably work, but I'm too chicken**** to try it. Or maybe I'm just too lazy.. :lol:

Btw I too have been busy busy busy. Finally settled back down. Looking forward to getting back in the groove.

I wore my SNAIL shirt to the GF's family Christmas. ;)

Nice!! 👍

Hmm.. That's an interesting idea. I think it would probably work, but I'm too chicken**** to try it. Or maybe I'm just too lazy.. :lol:

Nice!! 👍
The daily log in bonus can be artificially advanced by manipulating the time zone setting in the XMB.

Just change the time zone to 11pm before the top of ANY hour and when 'midnight' strikes your bonus will be increased. Repeat every hour to obtain your desired bonus.

Last edited:

I don't think that would work. I'm fairly certain that is done server side.

For that reason I don't think saving would matter, either. After all, if you're racing and getting a certain bonus percentage and midnight passes you won't get more until you back out to the main screen, at which point the game and server re-check and you get the next day's login bonus.

I don't think that would work. I'm fairly certain that is done server side.

For that reason I don't think saving would matter, either. After all, if you're racing and getting a certain bonus percentage and midnight passes you won't get more until you back out to the main screen, at which point the game and server re-check and you get the next day's login bonus.

I think you are correct.

The only way I see it working is say I don't log for a week. I would need to set date back before starting game. Then like you said it may still be server side.

Here are the results from our Special Anniversary Event on December 23rd, 2012

Division 1
  1. VELOCI_2NR
  2. SPEED14231234
  3. Nic-KL
  4. kendawg198
  5. dgafaboutany1420
  6. Ice_Warden
  7. dabneyd
  8. hillracing
  9. WiiFreak
Division 2 / Division 3
  1. kcheeb
  2. BerdiyevA
  3. Drrgreenthumb67
  4. DrKronin
  5. tcrash15
  6. jlbowler
  7. DudeTuna
  8. dragonwhisky
  9. AG07WRXTR
  10. ChuthuluGoat
  11. racefan78
  12. lifesagamble420
Division 4 / Division 5
  1. THRASH_46
  2. Sandblazter
  3. GTP_SGPracing
  4. Vol_Jbolaz
  5. Wolfsatz
  6. weaver-2009_
  7. cmbeal317
  8. GranStand_Bill
  9. Skills_19657
  10. zxxCOUNT210xxz
  11. A109-30
  12. Handlebar-Man
  13. ExoSphere64
  14. Driftin_Assassin
  15. SCREAMING_CHIEF

zer05ive
Here are the results from our Special Anniversary Event on December 23rd, 2012

Division 1

[*]VELOCI_2NR
[*]SPEED14231234
[*]Nic-KL
[*]kendawg198
[*]dgafaboutany1420
[*]Ice_Warden
[*]dabneyd
[*]hillracing
[*]WiiFreak

Division 2 / Division 3

[*]kcheeb
[*]BerdiyevA
[*]Drrgreenthumb67
[*]DrKronin
[*]tcrash15
[*]jlbowler
[*]DudeTuna
[*]dragonwhisky
[*]AG07WRXTR
[*]ChuthuluGoat
[*]racefan78
[*]lifesagamble420

Division 4 / Division 5

[*]THRASH_46
[*]Sandblazter
[*]GTP_SGPracing
[*]Vol_Jbolaz
[*]Wolfsatz
[*]weaver-2009_
[*]cmbeal317
[*]GranStand_Bill
[*]Skills_19657
[*]zxxCOUNT210xxz
[*]A109-30
[*]Handlebar-Man
[*]ExoSphere64
[*]Driftin_Assassin
[*]SCREAMING_CHIEF

Nice t;up

finally geting around to getting this PVR working. I'll be posting some videos on youtube shortly if all goes well. I know getting this going has been a pain so Im hoping the recording goes smoothly.

Back