◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
I'll use whatever I can to try to keep up with you :)

I'm not sure if you realize it, but both of the times you've raced with us, you actually ended Round 1 as the points leader. It wasn't until Round 2 and Round 3 that Diabolic slowly reeled you back in an eventually took the points lead away. The last time he didn't take your lead away until after race number 8 of the 9 races!

I guess i better buy this cars and practice......

Yeah, you're definitely going to need to be quick to hang with the likes of Diabolic and kcheeb. Although I must say, if you can beat both of those guys consistently, you probably belong in an advanced league and not our intermediate league lol.

zer05ive
Diabolic (the resident Sebastian Vettel of our league) is hosting open lobby races on Friday nights. You can learn more about these races here and here. Keep your eyes on this thread Friday night for the room number. 👍

Will diabolic post more info about the Friday night action in here?

I don't know why the rest of my post isn't showing up, but I was wondering if diabolic will be posting info on the Friday night action in here?

I'm not sure if you realize it, but both of the times you've raced with us, you actually ended Round 1 as the points leader. It wasn't until Round 2 and Round 3 that Diabolic slowly reeled you back in an eventually took the points lead away. The last time he didn't take your lead away until after race number 8 of the 9 races!

I do realize that, but he's already racing without tuning, whereas I've been setting up transmissions, suspension and adding drive train components. I won't have that ability now. It's going to be interesting to see if I can still match his pace. I'm not complaining by a long shot, just stating fact 👍

A number of us can drive as fast as diabolic or me for that matter, you, spooble and whatgopherseat immediately come to mind. It's limiting mistakes that keeps us in the game and able to apply pressure :)

I would like to apologize in advance if my driving is haphazard this Sunday. I just got a logitech g25 racing wheel and a playseat evolution chair. I am testing my skills on them now, but at the moment, it isn't going so well lol...

Will diabolic post more info about the Friday night action in here?

I will post here the room for friday. Room limited to ten to keep lag out. There will be no more than a minute between races while hosting. Cars will be from recommended list allowing for no tuning. winner chooses the pp range from 370 and 520, increments roughly every ten pp and I will make available all cars in that range. The car groups are also available aka modern muscle, kei car...etc. Second place chooses tire compound between sports soft and racing soft. Room opens at 10pm est and runs till a race ends after midnight at which point I leave. (though room is free to continue as long as possible) :)

Edit, although I keep the limit to ten snails have priority

Last edited:

Yeah, you're definitely going to need to be quick to hang with the likes of Diabolic and kcheeb. Although I must say, if you can beat both of those guys consistently, you probably belong in an advanced league and not our intermediate league lol.

I do not know until we have actual races... I'm usually sucks at it most due to distractions, but when im in groove im pretty good at it.

I need to race better than last week. Second to last race while ahead by 8-10 points I forgot to brake altogether for the first corner on GV. Then, in the last race, I knew I had the victory in hand so I did a lot of drifting rather than racing. Had a great time though! First race should have been better than third as well. Badger went wide into the sand, Fishyee was right behind just inside him and I was on his rear quarter. The rest was me escaping from sand after being pushed out to rescue third

Last edited:
I do realize that, but he's already racing without tuning

^true that and not only does he use a DS3, he uses the D-pad! How is it possible for him to drive so well with that?! Unless I actually meet him in person one day, I'll have a lingering suspicion that he's a robot or cyborg..

It's limiting mistakes that keeps us in the game and able to apply pressure :)

I dunno.. limiting mistakes would mean that I'd have to mess with tradition. I have a pretty long streak of making at least one stupid mistake per race. Not sure if I wanna mess with that streak! :lol:

^true that and not only does he use a DS3, he uses the D-pad! How is it possible for him to drive so well with that?! Unless I actually meet him in person one day, I'll have a lingering suspicion that he's a robot or cyborg..

I've wondered about that :boggled:

I have another friend that races with the ds3 and is fast. I always thought he had a wheel, he was so smooth.

I dunno.. limiting mistakes would mean that I'd have to mess with tradition. I have a pretty long streak of making at least one stupid mistake per race. Not sure if I wanna mess with that streak! :lol:

Tradition is important 👍

I just realized WhatGophersEat is actually WhatBadgersEat sorry about that Badger. Boy did that sound weird.

Usually folks are more interested in my driving in third person so this its a change. I do drift with the joysticks but still use X for gas and square for brake. Took me a coupe months to learn why I kept honking while drifting...

Oh and a big :embarrassed: to the Vettel reference but its a bit much, for I am merely a humble robot: diabolic #5

Usually folks are more interested in my driving in third person so this its a change. I do drift with the joysticks but still use X for gas and square for brake. Took me a coupe months to learn why I kept honking while drifting...

Oh and a big :embarrassed: to the Vettel reference but its a bit much, for I am merely a humble robot: diabolic #5

👍 Thanks for the laugh!!!

When you say third person, do you mean T-Cam over the top of the car? Or are you telling someone else to turn left, turn right, brake ... :sly:

I drive bumper cam as the rear view is in the same spot and the same size for every car. It's a little hard figuring out where the boundaries of the car are, but when you run into enough things, you figure it out. I find cockpit view is a little limiting, I know it's more 'real life', but I can't move my head in game as you can when driving a car. When I drive the F1 games I use T-Cam, just something I've gotten used to.

I use ds3 as well but I'm sure I'm not quite at yalls level. I really want to get a wheel now I just don't even know where to start.

I use ds3 as well but I'm sure I'm not quite at yalls level. I really want to get a wheel now I just don't even know where to start.

It's going to depend on a couple of things, not the least of which is budget :)

Which platform(s) you want to use it on, PC, PS3, XBox, what level of quality you want and availability.

The following sub forum has a stickied list of available wheels and with a little digging you can find reviews etc. there.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Most nights i run the b-spec grinder,so if you need extra credits add me.Be sure to put up at least 4 b-spec drivers.

Just got the BMW broke in,what a great car.Toyota next,if it drives as well as the other 2 did,we should have very close races. :gtpflag:

Due to the advanced nature of your response...I've responded in kind

001010 10 010 010101 0100 111 0

I think my user grows suspicious..

#5 out.

0101010001011001 101 0100001 010

kcheeb
It's going to depend on a couple of things, not the least of which is budget :)

Which platform(s) you want to use it on, PC, PS3, XBox, what level of quality you want and availability.

The following sub forum has a stickied list of available wheels and with a little digging you can find reviews etc. there.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163

I only would use it on the ps3. And budget isn't that much of a problem I have a descent job. Good quality is a must. I've seen that sim hardware forum but honestly I thought id ask the SNAIL guys. I see a lot of G27s. My only request is that the wheel has paddle shifters. That's cool to me lol

Hey I'm new here but ill be hosting practice races tonight around 8pm EST and ill continue to do this so we can have practice session Wednesdays and Fridays so were prepared for Sunday, for those who haven't added me my PSN is djx2391.

Good news, there's lot's of options for the PS3. Bad news, there's lot's of options for the PS3.

I've only used the Logitech DFGT, Fanatec GT2 and Fanatec CSR-E. Honestly after using the Fanatec wheels, the DFGT feels rather toyish to me. Don't get me wrong it's a decent wheel, but the pedals are bottom of the line.

Lot's of people swear by the G25 and 27, the pedals on the 27 are better quality and can be modded to suit.

I really like the tuneability of the Fanatec wheels and the feedback you get from the CSR-E is 👍 I use the CSP pedals and really like them. They feel much more like actual car pedals to me. And you can adjust how much throw is needed to work a pedal and also swap springs (with the add on tuning kit) for tension.

Fanatec is coming out with a PC/PS3 wheel, the CSW, it's inner workings are similar to the CSR-E, but without XBox support. It will also have interchangeable rims. It's not hit the market yet however.

The Fanatec GT2/3's are good wheels too. Not quite to the level of the CSR-E and some would say not to the G25/27 level either, but nice wheels nonetheless. Paired with the CSP pedals, make for a nice setup.

What drew me to the GT2 and CSR-E is XBox support. My brother and I do some racing on it and I really didn't like swapping setups. Not to mention the MS wheel is not good.

Thing is with wheels/pedals is, if you ask 10 people you're likely to get at least 5 opinions :)

Sorry for the off topic ramblings Zero5ive ...

Thanks for the info kcheeb. If you don't mind I'm going to send ya a pm so I don't spam this thread up. And to guy hosting the practice session tonight, I'm down I'm going to send ya a FR.

Latest Posts

Back