◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Sounds like a lark, Bowler, and at a time I could more easily manage. I'm in.

Now I'm going to be annoying and make a suggestion before the series has even started: any thought on an occasional longer event? Perhaps something scaled like a "Daytona 150" or somesuch that may necessitate pit stops? (Could even add heavy damage if you're going to have to pit, anyway...)

I could see something longer possibly when there are five Mondays in a month or when demand dictates it.

I've seen enough interest, I'm going to go ahead and create a new thread for the event. Be on the lookout for it soon.

Being that there is currently nothing scheduled for Tuesday night, how many SNAILs would be interested in an oval racing series running on Tuesdays at 11pm ET? I haven't worked out all the details yet but I'm thinking the racing would be about an hour in length and we would rotate between four tracks with the winner picking the car for the next week. It would be one car spec racing with tuning prohibited so there would be some restrictions on what the winner could pick. For example, it would have to be able to go around the superspeedways without hitting the rev limiter in the draft. We would use four tracks each month to crown a monthly champion, Daytona SS, Indy SS, Motegi SS, and High Speed Ring. I now HSR isn't an oval but it has a lot of the same characteristics of an oval and I think it would be better racing than Route X.

If you are interested in running something like this, either post here or PM me and if there are a few interested, I'll create another thread and go from there.

Sounds interesting.

You should have a look at R1600Turbo's track Pepsi Speedway.

I could see something longer possibly when there are five Mondays in a month or when demand dictates it.

I've seen enough interest, I'm going to go ahead and create a new thread for the event. Be on the lookout for it soon.

My offer stands for whatever Tuesday series materializes; I will help in any way I can. I also am interested in this, but you knew that.

Hey guys, off topic question.

Since you guys are probably the most die hard sim racers I can think of, and probably at least one of you owns each of the many available force feedback wheels out there, I would like to ask for some buying advice.

I currently have a DFGT and was considering getting a G27. What has clouded my thinking is that if I were to get a Fanatec CSR setup, I could use it for the PS3, PC (working on one to explore PC racing), and Xbox, and would have a wheel to use for Forza 4 and beyond.

The cost is similar between the wheels but I am not sure the quality is. I have read a lot on the subject and it seems motor and belt issues are quite common on the Fanatec wheels. I don't see nearly as many issues with the G27, and my DFGT has been flawless. I know the Logitec stuff is good (and possibly going away) but the Xbox compatibility is not there.

Any thoughts?

Also, I could probably afford a high end wheel but am not really sure if I would be willing to drop the coin for them. I think I would have just as much fun with a sub $300 setup. Perhaps you could convince me otherwise?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I have a few different ovals and triangles that I've created as well. I think for now, I'm going to stick with the larger tracks that are already in the game. If there is demand later then I'll start collecting as many home made ovals as I can get my hands on.

Also, here is the link for the dedicated thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=278742

Tuesday nights are back! I've updated the schedule.

Bowler, you may want to reserve another post for other stuff. Just a thought.

Hi All,

Posting here to let you know I am moving to D4. I requested this and zero and cheeb kindly allowed it mid season.

My reasons have nothing to do with the great racers and fine folks in D3 - you guys are awesome and you race clean. The reason is that I felt I was not at all competitive in this division, and I was holding others in the league up during qualifying and racing. The time I have to practice in the cars is dwindling due to a very busy time at work and at my current skill level I needed much more time in the cars before Sunday to compete with the D3 pace. I have time on Monday night but that usually doesn't help because new car combos come out Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hopefully I will receive the same warm welcome in D4 as I received in D3, from what I hear this is an awesome group too.

I will be taking on the responsibility of photographer for D4. (This will be great to use some of that open Monday night time on) If any other photogs have some advice on how you make this work efficiently I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I may be joining if I don't step up my game.:sly: It was good racing with you and I'll see you in practice and such Jester.:).

The cost is similar between the wheels but I am not sure the quality is. I have read a lot on the subject and it seems motor and belt issues are quite common on the Fanatec wheels. I don't see nearly as many issues with the G27, and my DFGT has been flawless. I know the Logitec stuff is good (and possibly going away) but the Xbox compatibility is not there.

Any thoughts?

Also, I could probably afford a high end wheel but am not really sure if I would be willing to drop the coin for them. I think I would have just as much fun with a sub $300 setup. Perhaps you could convince me otherwise?

I own a G27 and I use and abuse it everyday since three years and it's been absolutely flawless. Nothing has gone wrong, it still looks and feels brand new.

I'd say for the money, don't even hesitate, buy a G27...but you won't be able to use it on your xbox (🤬 you microsoft)

I can't tell you the difference in steering feel with the high-end fanatecs but it's up to you to judge if the price bump justified by the 360 compatibility.

Hey guys, off topic question.

Since you guys are probably the most die hard sim racers I can think of, and probably at least one of you owns each of the many available force feedback wheels out there, I would like to ask for some buying advice.

I currently have a DFGT and was considering getting a G27. What has clouded my thinking is that if I were to get a Fanatec CSR setup, I could use it for the PS3, PC (working on one to explore PC racing), and Xbox, and would have a wheel to use for Forza 4 and beyond.

Any thoughts?

I've had both a G25 and a Fanatec CSR and I think they're about on par quality-wise. I like the paddles on the Fanatec more, but otherwise they feel about the same. I also have an extra set of G25 pedals (I bought a G27 set off of another GTP member) that I can sell for cheap.

I own a G27 and I use and abuse it everyday since three years and it's been absolutely flawless. Nothing has gone wrong, it still looks and feels brand new.

I'd say for the money, don't even hesitate, buy a G27...but you won't be able to use it on your xbox (🤬 you microsoft)

I can't tell you the difference in steering feel with the high-end fanatecs but it's up to you to judge if the price bump justified by the 360 compatibility.

That's not Microsoft's fault (totally). Logitech could have added Xbox support, but they didn't want to pay the licensing fee. It does suck that MS won't allow people to use regular USB devices, but that is the way of things.

Got some comm upgrades this evening.

2577005424.png

Actually got a deal from Time Warner for better bandwidth, more CATV channels, mostly NBCSP for F1 telecasts, and a DVR for about $30.00 less than I was paying. Go me!

Gonna be watching the Aussie GP Sunday morning! Won't get the DVR 'til Monday.

Kids have been sick, I've been juggling 'life stuff' but I should be here Sunday Night.

As a reminder, I will NOT be here the following two Sundays (3/24 and 3/31) - epic Spring Break trip.

Skills, I believe is the backup / co-director of D5, but I wanted to make sure that (Replay reload, etc) didn't get lost in the shuffle.

G27 here too and highly recommended! 👍

Got some comm upgrades this evening.

2577005424.png

Actually got a deal from Time Warner for better bandwidth, more CATV channels, mostly NBCSP for F1 telecasts, and a DVR for about $30.00 less than I was paying. Go me!

Gonna be watching the Aussie GP Sunday morning! Won't get the DVR 'til Monday.

I have Time Warner also.
It's a good cable provider and I get all the channels they offer plus buisness class internet but you would think I would get a little better internet connection for paying $200.00 per month for both.:crazy:

2577060801.png

Hi need some help/advice guys iv done 22hours of le mans 24h iv saved it and both my saved data and backup data say that however iv tried going back on 5times now and its just sending me to the start up menu and not the race! Is there any way I can get back to the race? Il be abit Pissed if iv just spent a week doing this for nothing!

So, after being on vacation a week I saw some talk about the correct PP for the Vette and others. I thought my car was fine but realized I was down about 8 PP for last weekends race. Here is what I discovered.

I used a Vette that we had used awhile back in Tokyo. It was broken in already so I RM'd it, changed the oil (with no effect) and went racing. Then I read this thread and discovered I was way down on power so I took it to the B spec endurance races today and re-broke it in and got full power.

Long story short...if you RM a car that is already broken in then it will need to be re-broken in after the RM mod is performed in order to get full power.

Hello Fellow S.N.A.I.L.s,

I just wanted to remind everyone that we have two Performance Cap Races coming up. We would love to have you come join us especially if you have never tried this event before. It is a lot of fun and gives you a great chance to try out all those cars you never use in your garage:)

Monday Race Night in D3 Lounge

3/18/13 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST
img.php

This event will run with a combined PP cap of:
All cars PP must be between 351 and 474

Qualifiying and the first race will take place at

Laguna Seca

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list below.

Driver (car color) - FF Car (PP) - 4wd Car (PP) - FR Car (PP) - MR Car (PP) - Total PP

Registered Participants
1. JoeW/ice-Warden*

2. Rallywagon/Rallywgn2*

3. Kendawg*

4. Nic-KL*

5. Diabolicwyvern*

6. Racefan78*

7. Schmiggz

8. 88GTA

*Recurring Participant

Saturday Race Night in D3 Lounge

03/23/13 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST
img.php

This event will run with a combined PP cap of:
All cars PP must be between 335 and 453

Qualifiying and the first race will take place at

Road Course Daytona

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list below.

Driver (car color) - FF Car (PP) - 4wd Car (PP) - FR Car (PP) - MR Car (PP) - Total PP

Registered Participants
1. Jobyone* - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 (381) - Audi S3 '02 (412) - Subaru BR-Z S '12 (413) - Toyota MR2 1600 G '86 (359) - Total PP 1565

2. Wolfsatz*

3. Starvsnr - BMW 120d '04 (395) - 206 CC '01 (367) - Audi S3 '02 (412) - Berlinette R/S Coupe '99 (401) - Total 1575

4. Chiochan/Chuthulugoat - peugeot coupe 406 v6 3.0 '98 (385) - Toyota celica xx 2800 gt '81 (386) - Renault 5 turbo '80 (396) - Audi Quattro '82 (406) - Total PP 1573

15.​

*Recurring Participant

I have a g27 would recommend a different wheel. After a few months mine developed a calibration issue that required me taking the wheel apart and tightening a few internal screws. Logitechs customer service sucked, they couldn't replace my wheel because they didn't have one to replace it with at the time (took two months, by that time, I had fixed it myself). And the rumor is that logitech is getting out of the wheel making biz.
The issue I've had is a very common one as well. Actually, all the issues I mentioned seem to be common in regards to the wheel, as well as trying to deal with logitech, which is why a t500 will probably be my next wheel.
all that said. And besides the one issue I had to fix, the wheel has otherwise performed well and feels great. And there are plenty of aftermarket add ons available like an adapter to add a full size wheel, stiffer springs for the pedals, etc. I just don't take well to being treated second rate by a company that gets my hard earned dollars.

I have a g27 would recommend a different wheel. After a few months mine developed a calibration issue that required me taking the wheel apart and tightening a few internal screws. Logitechs customer service sucked, they couldn't replace my wheel because they didn't have one to replace it with at the time (took two months, by that time, I had fixed it myself). And the rumor is that logitech is getting out of the wheel making biz.
The issue I've had is a very common one as well. Actually, all the issues I mentioned seem to be common in regards to the wheel, as well as trying to deal with logitech, which is why a t500 will probably be my next wheel.
all that said. And besides the one issue I had to fix, the wheel has otherwise performed well and feels great. And there are plenty of aftermarket add ons available like an adapter to add a full size wheel, stiffer springs for the pedals, etc. I just don't take well to being treated second rate by a company that gets my hard earned dollars.
i have had a g27 for just over a year and could not be happier. I am planning on upgrading the brake spring:)

My issue is more with the way logitech does business honestly. Outside of that one mechanical issue, its worked well for me. Though I know I'm not the only one even on this thread that has had the calibration issue. I don't get why they wouldn't use loctite on the screws attached to the ffb motors.

I've had a G27 for a while now and before that I had the DFGT and before that I had the DFP. I never had an issue with either the DFP or the DFGT. They are both still in use from time to time. After having my G27 for about three months the shifter started acting up. It wasn't registering the correct gear for the position it was in. One phone call to Logitech and they were very accommodating. They gave me the option to send out a complete wheel, pedal, and shifter setup or to just send a new shifter. I only needed the shifter so they sent it right out and didn't even ask me to send the other one back. I now have spare parts for the shifter if I ever need it.

I will note that the brake spring in my G27 is a progressive spring. It gets noticeably stiffer at about 1/3 the travel distance and gets more difficult to depress from there. I don't know if this was an unannounced change that Logitech made but I'm very happy with it.

I've had a G27 for a while now and before that I had the DFGT and before that I had the DFP. I never had an issue with either the DFP or the DFGT. They are both still in use from time to time. After having my G27 for about three months the shifter started acting up. It wasn't registering the correct gear for the position it was in. One phone call to Logitech and they were very accommodating. They gave me the option to send out a complete wheel, pedal, and shifter setup or to just send a new shifter. I only needed the shifter so they sent it right out and didn't even ask me to send the other one back. I now have spare parts for the shifter if I ever need it.

I will note that the brake spring in my G27 is a progressive spring. It gets noticeably stiffer at about 1/3 the travel distance and gets more difficult to depress from there. I don't know if this was an unannounced change that Logitech made but I'm very happy with it.
just noticed your signature:) awesome stats!

Back