◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
I have Time Warner also.
It's a good cable provider and I get all the channels they offer plus buisness class internet but you would think I would get a little better internet connection for paying $200.00 per month for both.:crazy:

2577060801.png

THAT'S ONLY $200. Wtf is wrong with cox cable in Baton Rouge. $200 a month for 5 mb/s download 1 upload, cable with only sports added and phone. Always knew these guys were screwing us hard but damn, that's ridiculous

I'd like to revisit the debate earlier this week on whether or not penalties should be turned off in D1.

The last time it was brought up, I suggested a vote among the D1 drivers, but nobody really "voted" and the discussion was overtaken with other topics at that time. The same thing kinda happened this time around too. Therefore, I'd like to give you D1 guys a formal opportunity to cast an official vote on the topic. Here you go:

D1 drivers who want to keep penalties on WEAK:
  1. [your name here]
  2. [your name here]
  3. [your name here]
  4. [your name here]
  5. [your name here]

D1 drivers who want to turn penalties OFF:
  1. [your name here]
  2. [your name here]
  3. [your name here]
  4. [your name here]
  5. [your name here]

I'm torn zer0 on one hand, sim racing loses some of its "sim" with penalties. But penalties are a great motivator to race clean. Out But the system is so flawed too. Hmmmmm.
My vote, turn the broken steward off.

We have a complaint / review process. The otbs in recent races weren't caught by the in game penalty system, but accidental offs were.

Players caught intentionally cheating could be dealt with harshly. I say off.

On. I really think if you give some people an inch they will take a mile. Stewards don't have time to watch every inch of every race from each driver's point of view.

I hate to say it but people are people....I can see the corner cutting now. Just because you think a line on the track is stupid doesn't mean you can just ignore it.

I know, I know...I'm the A hole in D1 who doesn't mind driving within the white lines :)

You know what I think could be just amazing, is if this league had a livestream for Sunday nights, I know that there could be some problems with connection and lag or something like that, but it could be a good way of letting people that maybe can't race for that night, and just watch it on a livestream. Or maybe if you wanted to watch a different divisions races after you've finished yours. Just a suggestion but it would be cool if we could do this.

My issue is more with the way logitech does business honestly. Outside of that one mechanical issue, its worked well for me. Though I know I'm not the only one even on this thread that has had the calibration issue. I don't get why they wouldn't use loctite on the screws attached to the ffb motors.

Have to say that even though I own multiple Logitech products, I have never had to deal with customer service. Sounds like they need some work on that end. I have also seen similar complaints about Fanatec in regards to customer service and parts availability/ warranty services.

It is a niche market product. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Penalties Off

A lot are fearful of leveling up to D1. So having some enticing things like no penalties might be a good idea.

We have a complaint / review process. The otbs in recent races weren't caught by the in game penalty system, but accidental offs were.

Players caught intentionally cheating could be dealt with harshly. I say off.

I agree with this. I say turn them off, mainly to get rid of the ghosting and the guy getting a penalty in front of the field for nothing and disrupting the entire field. The rules are the same, you have to stay within the track.

Maybe D1 could be a pilot program to see how it works with penalties off and the rest of the divisions could implement the same if it works well.

I know, I don't know what I did wrong. Used jpg from sugarsync and copied the url. Any help?

I've posted a ton off pics on the thread. I don't use sugarsync, I use photobucket.

Here are easy instructions:
Download your photo to PhotoBucket.
When downloaded, there will be two tabs, IMG Code and IGM Thumb. Use IGM Code. Left click on IGM Code, it will shade it blue. Then right click on the shaded area and copy. Then go to your new post and paste it. Easy squeezzy!
Before you submit post always preview it to make sure your pics show up.

Hope this helps you!

**Edit**
*Well, it looks like you figured it out:tup:*
*Nice Pics*

Last edited:
A few pages back, someone posted a pic with flames coming out of the exhaust and said it took a while to get the shot.

This took me about 15 min to get a good shot.
TokyoR246-1.jpg

Another pretty cool pic is glowing rotors.
EifelCircuit.jpg

A few pages back, someone posted a pic with flames coming out of the exhaust and said it took a while to get the shot.

This took me about 15 min to get a good shot.

Another pretty cool pic is glowing rotors.

Mine don't show up on my phone though. Your's do. I'll have to try some of those tips in your previous post

Jester,
If you are using the desktop, make sure you are using the right tag; it looks like you are using the incorrect one since you have an extra [Image] tag.

The Audi shot is sublime!

BTW, Audi dominating Sebring this year. Maybe another sweep of the podium in the making!...
Only 2 Audis racing! So no sweep.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back