Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. JESter82178

JESter82178

Thanks Wolf. I'll try that. I'll post a few later tonight and see how it works.

That Audi shot is one of my favorites. The photo mode in GT5 is addicting as hell

2. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

For those American Muscle lovers... the new Viper GTS is looking mighty fierce!

3. JESter82178

JESter82178

Here are some more of my favorite photos. Still practicing with this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JESter82178

JESter82178

Yep. That was it wolf. They show in my phone now. Also thanks to tcrash your way was much more efficient

5. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

Looks like another red bull dominated weekend in Melbourne

6. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Anyone up for practice?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  7. RickyBobbyV8

RickyBobbyV8

Hey guys I've got a couple of questions, I've read through the rules so either i didn't understand or didn't see it so here they are.
    1. If an obviously faster driver rides your tail for a while do you slow and let him around?
    2. Am I eligible for the sunday races? I was assigned to devision 2 a couple of days ago so can I start in the middle of the season ?
    3. I was practicing at Spa today and noticed its kinda hard to avoid the rumble strips, so what is acceptable so i dont get any penalty points? Can i place two tires on but not over the rumble strips in my normal driving line?
    4. What color can i paint my cars? I saw where there may be certain colors that are already taken, do i need to register a color combo and number?

8. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

1. It's whatever you think is necessary, one problem with pulling out of the way from the faster guy, you'll maybe lose a few places especially in D2 where everyone is within a few seconds of each other.

2. Yes you can join and race at any time.

3. Maybe use a little bit of brakes if you're going over the lines, you must keep atleast 2 tires within the racing lines

4. The number and color are both optional but it's recommended so that you have a little bit of uniqueness when you race

9. mopar440

mopar440

practice room is Up If Anyone wants to practice 1472 6681 3243 9096 8933

10. Luv2Coach

Luv2Coach

@Rickybobby..

Two tires on rumble is ok. Rumble strip is part of track. Just to clarify.

11. Luv2Coach

Luv2Coach

So is D2 at 2130 or 2200EST? I thought racing start time changed.

12. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

D2 and D3 start at 10:00 pm, D1, D4 and D5 are at 9:30.

13. RickyBobbyV8

RickyBobbyV8

Thanks for the reply guys, one more thing, are you allowed to change your abs and brake bias during the race from a wheel?

14. JazzNine

JazzNine

Ok I know we're not fully decided yet but without penalties D1 is still counting two tires on rumbles strips right? I mean since SPA normally penalizes you for outside tires, specifically La Rouge.

15. pyxen

pyxen

1. That'd be mighty gentlemanly of you, but also kinda stupid because you'd be losing places on purpose....I don't think anyone gives Vettel a free spot, right? Unless you're being lapped, make them work for it.
    2. Yeah, i think so
    3. 2 tires have to stay on track (sometimes rumble strip or inside white lines...it depends) at all times, but 2 can be way out in left field.
    4. Jobyone has the list, I think...

ABS and Brake bias are all yours to change.

16. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Yes, you may change during race if you want... And have time to do so!

17. Apmaddock

Apmaddock Premium

A lot of misinformation and half-truths floating around here. I'm in D2 with you so you know I wouldn't steer you wrong… ;)

1. Absolutely not! (Unless you're being lapped.) You're racing for points, not kindness. Drive defensively. Make that guy work for it. I once started in front with a car that I had failed to break in against a field in which more than half of the drivers were faster than me. I made them work at every corner and drove as defensively as I could (without illegally blocking down the straights or anything.) I managed to hold on to third, I believe, and will never forget that race.

2. Yes. You can race starting mid-season. In fact, since you only missed one week, you're also in contention for the monthly championship, as only the highest three scores for the month are totaled for that. Get to it!

3. If there are rumble strips they are considered a part of the track. You only need to keep two tires on the track. In other words, you can drive with two wheels on the rumble strip and two in the grass all around the track if it pleases you. (You'd look like an idiot, though.) If there are no rumble strips the white line is the border, though I find that gets cheated a lot on the straight at Deep Forest, ahem. Also, partly for Oshawa but important for everyone, keep it inside of the lines in the circle at Cape Ring.

4. This has been answered. Joby is the keeper of the color chart. It's ideal that you have a color that is unique from the rest of the drivers in your division. Quick recognition of competitors is ideal for various reasons. Find Jobyone and check his signature lines.

18. Luv2Coach

Luv2Coach

A lot of guys use D1 for practice, can someone with access confirm my FR for D1?

19. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Hitting D1 for a bit of practice before the daily Honey-Do list comes out again.

20. JESter82178

JESter82178

Hi guys,

I looked at the color chart for Div. 4. There are a lot of open colors, but also I noticed that there are only a few racers listed. Can anyone who races regularly in D4 let me know of a color that is not used much by regular racers?

My orange from D3 seems to be taken.

Thanks

21. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Just wondering is anyone who practiced on Wednesday night saw this post. I'd like to get the lineup updated with the correct laps, but I have no idea what they are. Does anyone have those lap numbers?

22. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Here are the results of the D1 penalty settings vote:

D1 drivers who want to keep penalties on WEAK:
    1. JoeW / Ice_Warden

D1 drivers who want to turn penalties OFF:
    1. JazzNine / JazzVanWolfe
    2. dangerzone641
    3. fiestauk / SPEED14231234
    4. racefan78
    5. Worst_Driver / GTP_Worst_Driver
    6. OwensRacing
    7. hillracing

Not everyone in D1 voted, but enough voted to form a clear majority. Therefore, D1 penalties should be turned OFF starting tonight.

EDIT: I've updated the original post to reflect the new penalty setting for D1 (under 'Settings').

This sounds reasonable, but let's give it until the end of the March season until we consider changing the penalty setting in any other division. That should give us enough time to determine the success or failure of the change.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  23. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

6 for the Supra/Cape Ring combo, and 5 for the Vette/Spa combo. I might be wrong about the Vette though...

24. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks, dabneyd. I've updated the lineup. If Round 3 (Vette RM @Spa) is set for 5 laps, that means a typical lap there is about 2 minutes. Does anyone disagree with that?

25. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Not sure I'll make it tonight. Came down with a cold last night and spent it shivering under several blankets. Will see how I feel later. Haven't turned a lap with the new combos.

26. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

Hope you get to feeling better. Shot of Chivas and crank the heat?

27. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

I think laps were 2:teens. So 5 seems right.

28. jobyone

jobyone Premium

its COLOR TIME

I am working on updating the color sheet and I know some people have posted color requests or asked me while racing. I will admit that I have forgotten or can not find those request.

So if you do not mind can you quote this with any color requests please?

JESter82178 - basically if you do not see anyone listed on the color chart then you can use that color. People who are not listed have either not told us what color/number they want to use or they use a variety of colors. Just let me know what color you want to use and I will update the spreadsheet.

29. IceWarden

IceWarden

So what about policing Qualifying? What if someone decides to cut the final chicane at Spa for a good lap? There are going to be some big issues with this I can see it now...

30. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

I think its about time I pick my colors and number.
    Is the color combo of Championship White body/ Schwarz (Black) rims available in D5? Also, is the number "15" available? Thanks!