◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Hi guys,

I looked at the color chart for Div. 4. There are a lot of open colors, but also I noticed that there are only a few racers listed. Can anyone who races regularly in D4 let me know of a color that is not used much by regular racers?

My orange from D3 seems to be taken.

Thanks

Orange seems to be very popular in D3 and D4 that is why I changed to greeen.

And there was no one around to challenge Audi at Sebring! Another sweep looming around for the 24 Hours of Le Mans!

Audi-R18-e-Tron-quattro-le-mans-24-hours-01.jpg

Last edited:
JoeW
So what about policing Qualifying? What if someone decides to cut the final chicane at Spa for a good lap? There are going to be some big issues with this I can see it now...

Then it will be obvious because we know who's fast in D1 and who's not as fast. If someone who's usually towards the back puts in a lap that's faster than worst then we'll know. Quit worrying about it and just enjoy the races.

Well that makes no sense at all. Anyone is capable of putting in a good lap...so if someone beats worst then they cheat? What if worst cuts accidentally and gains time to get pole? Think he's going to speak up?

Oh well...if all you complain about boundary penalties I have a feeling there will be some people exercising their new found freedoms.

Ok...I'm done whining...I'll just watch the replays and see.

So what about policing Qualifying? What if someone decides to cut the final chicane at Spa for a good lap? There are going to be some big issues with this I can see it now...

Then it will be obvious because we know who's fast in D1 and who's not as fast. If someone who's usually towards the back puts in a lap that's faster than worst then we'll know. Quit worrying about it and just enjoy the races.

That's a pretty pompous thing to say! Your saying if JoeW or anyone for that matter, has a better lap time/qualifing time, then Worst, its because he cheated by corner cutting?:confused:

Well that makes no sense at all. Anyone is capable of putting in a good lap...so if someone beats worst then they cheat? What if worst cuts accidentally and gains time to get pole? Think he's going to speak up?

Oh well...if all you complain about boundary penalties I have a feeling there will be some people exercising their new found freedoms.

That will be next week's drama... you're jumping the gun! LOL 💡

its COLOR TIME

I am working on updating the color sheet and I know some people have posted color requests or asked me while racing. I will admit that I have forgotten or can not find those request.

So if you do not mind can you quote this with any color requests please?

arctic blue pearl for car color and gold chrome rims
thanks

Really??? Can you put in a 2:10 at Spa without cutting the corners? Worst did in practice. If you can then more power to you. I don't think it will be as bad as you think. I also don't know how you can come into a division, do one race and know that the drivers will cheat. I've raced with most of the guys in D1 for months and they aren't cheaters.

That's a pretty pompous thing to say! Your saying if JoeW or anyone for that matter, has a better lap time/qualifing time, then Worst, its because he cheated by corner cutting?:confused:

No I'm saying that if someone who's always at the back of the grid is all of a sudden qualifying on pole then it's a good possibility that he's cheating. I highly doubt this will happen though.

Really??? Can you put in a 2:10 at Spa without cutting the corners? Worst did in practice. If you can then more power to you. I don't think it will be as bad as you think. I also don't know how you can come into a division, do one race and know that the drivers will cheat. I've raced with most of the guys in D1 for months and they aren't cheaters.

Exactly my thoughts, we have to trust each other and be honest. I don't think it's a problem in D1 and probably in the rest of the league too.

I've used to race in the GTP_WRS online racing series and there's no penaties there and we've never had a problem with someone cutting corners in either qualifying or the main race.

All the racing I do outside here is no penalty. Cutting isn't a problem. That's noob stuff.

People who seek racing series for clean and competitive racing. Usually if not always are loaded with integrity.

It's simple. Strengthen the punishment for cutting the track. So if one does do it. They are smacked down to reality real quick. I'd say instant week suspension.

Cutting is exploiting tracks for gain. If a driver get a bad line and rolls out of the throttle till back on track and makes every attempt to offset any gains. That is self policing and requires no action.

Exactly my thoughts, we have to trust each other and be honest. I don't think it's a problem in D1 and probably in the rest of the league too.

I've used to race in the GTP_WRS online racing series and there's no penaties there and we've never had a problem with someone cutting corners in either qualifying or the main race.

So if we have to trust each other.. can the rule be extended to all Divisions on not just Area 51? I feel discriminated... :yuck:

I just joking by the way but with a hint of truth!

Really??? Can you put in a 2:10 at Spa without cutting the corners? Worst did in practice.

2-F'ing-10???? Holy crap, Batman.

I want to see the replay of the D1 races tonight, please. Grandstands in whoever's youtube channel uploads it first!!

I +1 Wolf's request to extend...why do we need a "pilot program"?

How about we test it for a few weeks in D1. If no problems arise we can filter down to D2. If no problems filter down to D3 and so on.

This will help stewards from over load and ensure the decision is made with some data involved.

Also note that the penalty a lot of time is to help racers avoid accidents. At what point division wise does this become beneficial rather then ruining the racing.

So if we have to trust each other.. can the rule be extended to all Divisions on not just Area 51? I feel discriminated... :yuck:

I just joking by the way but with a hint of truth!

That's why I was including the other divisions (even though I've only raced in D1). As Owens was saying, when you join a league, most of the time you're looking for clean racing and your racecraft is above average so corner cutting is not a problem I think. We'll see how it goes down tonight, but I don't have any worries about people cheating.

Hey JoeW,
Just calm down, just worry about what your doing and let the stewards handle the cheaters. How do we know that you may be one of the guys that'll cut the chicane just to get pole or to gain a position or two?

Also I may not be able to race tonight depending on when my parents decide to eat dinner

its COLOR TIME

I am working on updating the color sheet and I know some people have posted color requests or asked me while racing. I will admit that I have forgotten or can not find those request.

So if you do not mind can you quote this with any color requests please?

JESter82178 - basically if you do not see anyone listed on the color chart then you can use that color. People who are not listed have either not told us what color/number they want to use or they use a variety of colors. Just let me know what color you want to use and I will update the spreadsheet.

Joby,

Colors will remain the same but, I'd like to run #13 please.

2:10 at Spa is incredible. I'm guessing I'm way off pace this week due to limited practice time. Had some luck (schedule change) and will be able to race tonight and I'm very excited. Having to be at work 6am...not so much.

2:10 at Spa is incredible. I'm guessing I'm way off pace this week due to limited practice time. Had some luck (schedule change) and will be able to race tonight and I'm very excited. Having to be at work 6am...not so much.

You might not be that bad. Worst was just way faster than anyone there. I think I was second in qualifying there and did a low 2:12. In practicing during the week I got down to a low 2:11. Maybe with all the corner cutting I'm planning on doing I'll get a 2:09. :lol: Just kidding.

I'm not calling anyone a outright cheater but I can see it now...if they know they aren't going to get a time penalty for going out of bounds then it will just make people more likely to be less careful at Fuji or Indy or Deep Forest etc.

I saw it last week and it will surely happen more since they the penalty won't be there.

Joby,

Colors will remain the same but, I'd like to run #13 please.
The spreadsheet has been updated.

arctic blue pearl for car color and gold chrome rims
thanks
The spreadsheet has been updated.

Ok. I'm going with a dark blue. Chameleon color shift whatchamahoochi. Black wheels
Dragon whisky already has dark blue for D4.

I think its about time I pick my colors and number.
Is the color combo of Championship White body/ Schwarz (Black) rims available in D5? Also, is the number "15" available? Thanks!
Great Choice. I used to run that color combo. Only problem is Tex is already running white in D5:( 15 is available though.

Please take a look at the color chart (link in my signature) as you should be able to see at at glance what is available for your division.

Was I removed (or never entered on) the numbers chart? I've been running Green Go and #13 for over a year.

JoeW: There are/were places where a "cheater" could cut the track even with the penalties on. Have some people done that during qualifying? Probably, but I doubt very many did, and those who did probably didn't get the advantage they thought they would. Are people who happen to catch up to another driver just happening to get a little benefit of their draft? Maybe. The same thing will be possible now, just to a greater extent, but I'll bet the same accountable people will remain on the track.

Furthermore, qualifying is only mildly important. It's only worth three points on the night. I understand the advantage some positions can give, but again it's only so important. A guy's ability to race has a much greater impact on other people's races and the night's score, and it's easy to police each other during and/or after a race.

I'd happily turn off penalties for all or most divisions. Two of the tracks we're running tonight (Spa and Deep Forest) are fine examples of why. I think testing with D1 is a fine thing to do, though, especially as it's mid-season, but I hope the trend expands.

Worst_Driver
I broke into the 2'09 while practicing last night...no cutting. :lol:

Too much understeer though, I hate it. Let's get back with the Zonda R. :sly:

SLOW DOWN!!!!!! Lol. It's that second sector that I suck at.

Latest Posts

Back