◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
djx2391
Hey I'm new here but ill be hosting practice races tonight around 8pm EST and ill continue to do this so we can have practice session Wednesdays and Fridays so were prepared for Sunday, for those who haven't added me my PSN is djx2391.

Cool, I'll participate on practice for little...

Hey I'm new here but ill be hosting practice races tonight around 8pm EST and ill continue to do this so we can have practice session Wednesdays and Fridays so were prepared for Sunday, for those who haven't added me my PSN is djx2391.

I won't be able to get on til after the baby goes to bed (about 10pm EST), but if you're still racing at that time I'll join up. Be sure to use the settings in the OP so that you can simulate Sunday night's race conditions as closely as possible. If you're off by then, I'll just go to my lounge to practice. dvdoughboy will be practicing with me at that time as well.

Cool, I'll participate on practice for little...

Check out your s2ki.com profile. I just added a comment :sly:

SaGaSpeedLab
Thanks for the info kcheeb. If you don't mind I'm going to send ya a pm so I don't spam this thread up. And to guy hosting the practice session tonight, I'm down I'm going to send ya a FR.
Got your request! And I got the settings downpacked zero!

Diabolique uses a controller and aerial view? Damn. That's real good. Maybe I'll be better trying that than this stupid g27

I wouldn't recommend it unless you can understand this:

01101110 11101011 01001111 01100111
001010 10 010 010101 0100 111 0
0101010001011001 101 0100001 010

Do you have room for another driver in this? Sunday nights work well for me and the lack of tuning is a very good option for the free time that I have. If there is room you can send a FR to JLBowler. Thanks.

Got your request! And I got the settings downpacked zero!

I logged on early to try to meet you up, but you were playing BF3 so I just hopped into my lounge instead.

Anyone who wants to compare lap times and run mock races of the new line-up is free to join as well. I'll be on until midnight EST / 11pm CST.

01010 1110 0101001 0111101001010 10101

translation:

I've got an enduro @ 10EST that should last just an hour. I'll be up for a bit of racing thereafter.

-------------------------------

For any of my friends, I've shared my favorite test track if you'd like to use it. Anello Italiano is 5.15 miles of twisting Toscana asphalt. I'm thinking of using it friday...but we'll see

Last edited:
I won't be able to get on til after the baby goes to bed (about 10pm EST), but if you're still racing at that time I'll join up. Be sure to use the settings in the OP so that you can simulate Sunday night's race conditions as closely as possible. If you're off by then, I'll just go to my lounge to practice. dvdoughboy will be practicing with me at that time as well.

Check out your s2ki.com profile. I just added a comment :sly:

I saw that you left comment on the profile.... I guess you own a S2000 too?

Do you have room for another driver in this? Sunday nights work well for me and the lack of tuning is a very good option for the free time that I have. If there is room you can send a FR to JLBowler. Thanks.

Thanks for your interest. One of the reasons we decided to switch to a non-tuning league was to make it more accessible for those who either don't have time to tune or simply don't know how to tune. But mostly, it was to make the battles for position more intense. I sent you a friend request. Welcome to the league!

01010 1110 0101001 0111101001010 10101

translation:

I've got an enduro @ 10EST that should last just an hour. I'll be up for a bit of racing thereafter.

-------------------------------

For any of my friends, I've shared my favorite test track if you'd like to use it. Anello Italiano is 5.15 miles of twisting Toscana asphalt. I'm thinking of using it friday...but we'll see

I'll be downloading it. Always up for more tracks. Hate getting stuck on the same ones.

Here's hoping Silverstone and Long Beach make it in as dlc!

I saw that you left comment on the profile.... I guess you own a S2000 too?

I used too.. I wrecked her on Christmas Eve 2004. Slipped on some black ice and did a 720, then got plowed into by a truck that slipped on the same patch of ice.. it wasn't pretty.. :(

Thanks for letting me practice with you all last night.I learned that you all are a lot better than me.So let know one tell you that you're slow.I feel if I was to race Sunday with you I'd just slow you down,or God forbid cost someone the race.No need for you to have another obstacle to overcome on the track.
For now due to medication,my lack of experience,and other handicaps I'll sit out.I'll follow the thread,run the cars and tracks you all do against the AI drivers for the practice.Good luck to everyone on Sundays race.

Thanks for letting me practice with you all last night.I learned that you all are a lot better than me.So let know one tell you that you're slow.I feel if I was to race Sunday with you I'd just slow you down,or God forbid cost someone the race.No need for you to have another obstacle to overcome on the track.
For now due to medication,my lack of experience,and other handicaps I'll sit out.I'll follow the thread,run the cars and tracks you all do against the AI drivers for the practice.Good luck to everyone on Sundays race.

I didn't find you in the way at all Alleycat22469, in fact I thought you were driving well and everyone makes mistakes :)

The only way to gain experience is to get on the track. Maybe run ultra conservative for the first couple till you settle in. Then start going wheel to wheel with diabolic 👍

Prohibited races 👍

I agree 100%. Last night's racing was awesome. Tuning-Prohibited races FTW!

I didn't find you in the way at all Alleycat22469, in fact I thought you were driving well and everyone makes mistakes :)

The only way to gain experience is to get on the track. Maybe run ultra conservative for the first couple till you settle in. Then start going wheel to wheel with diabolic 👍

I agree 100% with you as well, kcheeb.

alleycat,
You raced with us the entire night and not once did I feel like you were slowing anyone down. Your pace was good and you drove clean. I'm not sure what else I could ask for from a league member (other than a mic lol). But in all seriousness, I would take it as a personal defeat if you felt that you weren't good enough to race with us. Please look at the title of this thread. After the name of our league, the first words are "beginner-friendly". That means even n00bs are welcome as long as they drive clean, and you are definitely much better than a n00b.

Furthermore, as kcheeb mentioned, you will never get better at racing humans (or cyborgs like diabolic) if you don't actually spend time doing it. Racing against AI will never improve your racing skills against human competition. There isn't any AI in the world that is good enough to do that, and GT5's AI is far from the best anyways.

Last edited:
zer05ive
I used too.. I wrecked her on Christmas Eve 2004. Slipped on some black ice and did a 720, then got plowed into by a truck that slipped on the same patch of ice.. it wasn't pretty.. :(

Ouch, I rarely drive my S2000.....

I agree 100%. Last night's racing was awesome. Tuning-Prohibited races FTW!

:lol: I didn't understand diabolics post till now and agreed!!!

I agree 100% with you as well, kcheeb.

alleycat,
You raced with us the entire night and not once did I feel like you were slowing anyone down. Your pace was good and you drove clean. I'm not sure what else I could ask for from a league member (other than a mic lol). But in all seriousness, I would take it as a personal defeat if you felt that you weren't good enough to race with us. Please look at the title of this thread. After the name of our league, the first words are "beginner-friendly". That means even n00bs are welcome as long as they drive clean, and you are definitely much better than a n00b.

Furthermore, as kcheeb mentioned, you will never get better at racing humans (or cyborgs like diabolic) if you don't actually spend time doing it. Racing against AI will never improve your racing skills against human competition. There isn't any AI in the world that is good enough to do that, and GT5's AI is far from the best anyways.

👍

kcheeb
Hey SaGa, it's not dlc, but a user generated track.

diabolic has it shared so we can download it and possibly use it for Fun Friday.

That's awesome! I need to get diabolics psn so I can get on that for Friday nights action.

Fun fact, I placed 59th in the Southeast out of thousands of competitors in the US GT Academy. I'm great at time trials and AI but interacting with human's on the track is a whole other game I'd like to master.

Someone was asking who placed 59th in the US GT Academy last night. Found his post, it was jag302ci :nervous:

That's awesome! I need to get diabolics psn so I can get on that for Friday nights action.

Actually, diabolic hosts "Fun Fridays" in the open lobby so that people outside our league can join as well. Keep an eye on this thread on Friday night for the room number. Who knows, maybe we'll find good additions to our league during these open lobby nights 👍

001101010 0101 10010 10101 0101 10101 11010101 1001

User translation: if it pleases the room we'll run my track. obviously I'm at a great advantage knowing the track but im sure I can downgrade my car and or tires.

0110 0101

Cyborgs rule.

diabolicwyvern
I had home for lunch in 30 min. Can do then

Appreciate it. I was in a practice session last night with another snail, I'll tell you what, that BMW on tm/reverse is hella fun! Solid choice!

Ouch, I rarely drive my S2000.....

Ouch indeed.. here's a before and after comparison.. :(

107-0796_IMG.jpg

118-1900_IMG.jpg

Latest Posts

Back