◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
View media item 2540
Race Date: 18 Oct. 2015
Currently tracking 11 Incident Reports

We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.

The prize A winner, @MSgtGunny is clear to make his selection. Prize B and C winners, @SlvrOnyx and @DMacs13 should hold off on making their selections.

The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.

:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

So, tomorrow Canada ends 10 years of Conservative Government. It is safe to say at this point that Canada has elected Justin Trudeau as the new Prime Minister...(the first son of a former PM to be elected as PM.)

I find it interesting for a few reasons:
1. partly because he was first ignored and then negatively portrayed in the press, and despite harsh attack ads from 2 other parties, the Liberals conducted a fairly positive campaign...and it seems that resonated with many Canadians. I can only hope this could show a reversal of the recent trend toward negative and hateful campaigns.
2. It is also interesting because Harper while 60% of the population despise him, 30% still adore him. It shows how ideologically divided our country has become.
3. The NDP was in a strong position to capitalize on the anti-Harper sentiment, and was hoping to form it's first government, but the country turned to the Liberals instead.

Anyway, it should mean we will have some interesting times in the days ahead.

OK, maybe this was a boring post (especially for you Americans), and I missed Monday night racing to follow the election results...well let me end with this more amusing review from your own "press"...

Made some banners for Sunday nights winners. Congrats to @SlvrOnyx , @FlipJ , @CanuckleheadII , @CoachMK21 , @Jaguara and @DesertPenguin09 ....Six different winners, great turn out, great racing and great fun as always. 👍

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Made some banners for Sunday nights winners. Congrats to @SlvrOnyx , @FlipJ , @CanuckleheadII , @CoachMK21 , @Jaguara and @DesertPenguin09 ....Six different winners, great turn out, great racing and great fun as always. 👍
Awesome banners, but overuse of the spoiler function IMO! If people are going to get bent out of shape for just three pics, they can go vote for Stephen Harper for all I care! ;)

http://pho.to/9nhpn

Pictures from this weekend. These pictures can be used for any use.

It was MUCH easier for me to upload to this website and post a link, than uploading each individual picture then copying the photo URL for each picture. If there is an easier method, please let me know. Thanks :)
Great idea....worked great..and was not forced to view pix that, in the past, were posted here and have clogged the thread. Nice work.

I am happy to announce that @Jaguara has accepted the role of managing TTs in the club events going forward. Also, @Dragonwhisky has promised to help him get acquainted with the TT setup process as long as he's not busy washing his new girlfriend ERRR car. :lol:

@Jaguara I am available if any help managing the TT data is required.

@MSgtGunny Congrats on the Prize A win!

So, tomorrow Canada ends 10 years of Conservative Government. It is safe to say at this point that Canada has elected Justin Trudeau as the new Prime Minister...(the first son of a former PM to be elected as PM.)

I find it interesting for a few reasons:
1. partly because he was first ignored and then negatively portrayed in the press, and despite harsh attack ads from 2 other parties, the Liberals conducted a fairly positive campaign...and it seems that resonated with many Canadians. I can only hope this could show a reversal of the recent trend toward negative and hateful campaigns.
2. It is also interesting because Harper while 60% of the population despise him, 30% still adore him. It shows how ideologically divided our country has become.
3. The NDP was in a strong position to capitalize on the anti-Harper sentiment, and was hoping to form it's first government, but the country turned to the Liberals instead.

Anyway, it should mean we will have some interesting times in the days ahead.

OK, maybe this was a boring post (especially for you Americans), and I missed Monday night racing to follow the election results...well let me end with this more amusing review from your own "press"...

Thanks @Jaguara ,,,That is what I needed to get my Day started off right, and I was educated about the Canadian Electoral process!

I would like to join.

@dirttrackj

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Please don't. Not that I'm against the VGT cars but the Tomahawk VGTs are just stupid concepts. You'd be better off using the Alpine VGT, race mode or street, both are a blast to drive and cockpit view is amazing.

Who do I PM to change my email for google docs and also IR responses? I changed it with gtplanet a month ago only to log into my old email and find that someone had filed against me from 2 weeks ago and I never had the chance to defend.

Who do I PM to change my email for google docs and also IR responses? I changed it with gtplanet a month ago only to log into my old email and find that someone had filed against me from 2 weeks ago and I never had the chance to defend.

Start a conversation with myself and @JLBowler to give us the new email. We'll get it changed.

For those of you with g25's and g27's, which should I go for, the ricmotech load cell brake mod or the gteye brake spring mod?
I think it depends on how seriously you take sim racing. I have GTEYE spring in my g27 pedals and I much prefer it over the stock spring. The load cell is about $100 more than the spring, but wild be great, in my opinion, for heel-to-braking where it is beneficial to not need to press the brake pedal all the way down to get full pressure on the brakes. I think the load cel mod would also be beneficial for using brakes when abs is off. If you want a stiffer but also lore progressive feel and nothing more, you can't go wrong with the GTEYE. But, it will still not feel or function exactly like a real brake, which is what you get with the load cell mod.

I think it depends on how seriously you take sim racing. I have GTEYE spring in my g27 pedals and I much prefer it over the stock spring. The load cell is about $100 more than the spring, but wild be great, in my opinion, for heel-to-braking where it is beneficial to not need to press the brake pedal all the way down to get full pressure on the brakes. I think the load cel mod would also be beneficial for using brakes when abs is off. If you want a stiffer but also lore progressive feel and nothing more, you can't go wrong with the GTEYE. But, it will still not feel or function exactly like a real brake, which is what you get with the load cell mod.
Yeah after doing some more research I think I'm going with the gteye. While I could afford the load cell, it apparently has a very small travel distance and I personally don't heel toe so thats not an issue.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...acing-where-the-excitement-never-ends.317740/

I have been chosen to become the Monday Night pack racing series director. I made the necessary changes that needed to be done to the thread. Thank you to anyone involved that i could even be considered series director. Send me friend request if i haven't sent you one already on the PSN. R and C are in capital letters, that is the only difference on PSN. Club id number is 1053084.

Back