◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I don't think we need to go into too much of a hype right now. Kamakazi said they will start Beta testing early in the new year.... They will use the community to do so.

Full release is still many months away from Beta Testing. And we know how incomplete the full release of GT6 was. So, you can look for bargain sales on PS4s and wheels now, but no need to rush to the shops. I put GT7 (or GT Sport?) 12-18 months out there

I bet they Beta this like they Beta the Track Creator... Nice they delivered something - I would have bet against it - but not what they breathlessly promised. Over and over. And delivered... oh... when the game is on it's last legs...

Thanks everyone for the tips. I should really put some time into the T500RS. @Lessen it does, just not as much as the T500RS (I don't know the force feedback of other new generstion wheels). Though when I set the force feedback settings, it does change imo.
You already own the T500? Oh man, get that bad lad out and make use of it already, in couple of weeks you will be kicking yourself for not doing so sooner.

You already own the T500? Oh man, get that bad lad out and make use of it already, in couple of weeks you will be kicking yourself for not doing so sooner.
I probably will :lol: If my seasonal rankings stay there, I'll start practicing with it. I don't want to be practicing the T500RS and then: "Oops, I dropped to 11th place, and I can't do anything about it since I'm still getting used to it." The safest time for me to do it is when the seasonal is over. Like that I don't need to stress about my rankings.

I probably will :lol: If my seasonal rankings stay there, I'll start practicing with it. I don't want to be practicing the T500RS and then: "Oops, I dropped to 11th place, and I can't do anything about it since I'm still getting used to it." The safest time for me to do it is when the seasonal is over. Like that I don't need to stress about my rankings.
I wish I had your "problems". :lol:

I tell you what...you should keep the DFGT and get that dongle thingy...as for the T500...well since it is pretty much useless to you, I guess I could take it off your hands...I'd even pay the shipping from France... :D

I will not be switching straight over to GTsport. I'll wait for a lot of reviews as I am not a GT purist and due to my disappointment in GT6. So I hope there will be a split between those who stay with the PS3 and those who switch to the PS4.

I'm not hopping on the band wagon just yet Birdie, though to be fair, I kinda fell off the PS3 bus as well...

I don't think we need to go into too much of a hype right now. Kamakazi said they will start Beta testing early in the new year.... They will use the community to do so.

Full release is still many months away from Beta Testing. And we know how incomplete the full release of GT6 was. So, you can look for bargain sales on PS4s and wheels now, but no need to rush to the shops. I put GT7 (or GT Sport?) 12-18 months out there

I'm with you here Rednose. Beta testing is just that. Since they're working with the FIA on this, hopefully that pushes PD to release something more complete if these championships will be real serious online competitions. Beta early 2016, wouldn't be surprised if this prologue-esque game hits the stores around Christmas time 2016, or even spring to coincide with a new season of racing. This seems like a "here's what we have so far that is our base for GT7, let's see how it handles in the real world" type approach, which is all fine and dandy really. I think it's a good platform for it. Gives me lots of time to get through P Cars, DiRT Rally, and get my PS4 and upgraded wheel.

Because at the level Vitesse races at, equipment changes will effect lap times. The t500 is a far superior wheel to the dfgt. Higher resolution and steering ratio will equate to smoother driving. Smoother, quite operation, well, may not really help, but might be less distracting than the whine on the dfgt gears. It will be a struggle, but Vitesse is fast, very fast, I don't think his ability is so lacking that jumping from an 80s Mustang to a modern Aston Martin is going to hold him down for very long before he surpasses what be was doing with the old wheel.

Last edited:
Prize Winner Update

The stewards have enough reviews completed to declare and clear this weeks prize winners.

Prize A: @Ricky Wilson but he already knows this.
Prize B: @MSgtGunny
Prize C: @Adramike

All three of you have until 9:30 PM ET on Wednesday to make a selection or a voting process will begin to make your pick for you. Please get those selections made.

Thank you to @Handlebar @Jaguara and @tezgm99 for jumping on the reviews this week. There are still incidents to review for any stewards that haven't yet.

Last edited:
Because at the level Vitesse races at, equipment changes will effect lap times. The t500 is a far superior wheel to the dfgt. Higher resolution and steering ratio will equate to smoother driving. Smoother, quite operation, well, may not really help, but might be less distracting than the whine on the dfgt gears. It will be a struggle, but Vitesse is fast, very fast, I don't think his ability is so lacking that jumping from an 80s Mustang to a modern Aston Martin is going to allow him down for very long before he surpasses what be was doing with the old wheel.
I'm sorry, but the T500 is consistently a tenth or two slower than a comparable Logitech. Is it nice to use? Yes, but the 1080* rotation and fixed paddles don't do it many favors compared to paddles that rotate with the wheel and a quicker ratio steering rack.

I'm sorry, but the T500 is consistently a tenth or two slower than a comparable Logitech. Is it nice to use? Yes, but the 1080* rotation and fixed paddles don't do it many favors compared to paddles that rotate with the wheel and a quicker ratio steering rack.
I am not of a mind that a dfgt is a comparable wheel.

So here is the first piece of the new racing rig puzzle. $50 at the local scrapyard... Sweeeet!!!

Can anyone guess what it's out of? First correct answer wins nothing. :crazy:

View attachment 468889
8th gen Si! That's the car I have...
I doubt they will be. In my relatively short period of following F1 I think it's pretty clear a new team doesn't come in and be anywhere close to competitive for at least a couple years. It took Force India a number of years to become midpack or better. I imagine maybe they survived past the growing pains in part due to Malya's very deep wallet and personal determination.
They may do Ok since they are getting essentially every part allowed under the regulations from Ferrari. Doesn't seem that any other team has tried this method before. But time will tell.
Can you not adjust the degrees of rotation to 900?

I am not of a mind that a dfgt is a comparable wheel.
Really? I know many people that are lightning fast with it. If you can get close to the same result as far as lap times are concerned, I would consider that comparable. Either way, I'm sure we can agree to disagree. So we should just leave it at that.

8th gen Si! That's the car I have...

They may do Ok since they are getting essentially every part allowed under the regulations from Ferrari. Doesn't seem that any other team has tried this method before. But time will tell.

Can you not adjust the degrees of rotation to 900?
You can, but it doesn't feel nearly as good as it does on 1080. Also, you have to set it to that every time you enter the track. Kind of annoying.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I know many people that are lightning fast with it. If you can get close to the same result as far as lap times are concerned, I would consider that comparable. Either way, I'm sure we can agree to disagree. So we should just leave it at that.

You can, but it doesn't feel nearly as good as it does on 1080. Also, you have to set it to that every time you enter the track. Kind of annoying.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

What double post?

I know when I made the switch from the DFGT to the G27, I found some speed. It was probably a combination of the pedals and the improved feedback as I felt like I was getting better information out of the wheel. Of course, it could all be in my head but if the G27 is worth a little time over the DFGT and the T500 isn't quite as fast as the G27, it might be a wash time wise between the DFGT and the T500. I can't speak from experience as I have never used a T500. I can say that the T300 is on par time wise to the G27 and if feels much better. I'm still using the g27 pedals with it and the pedals even feel better as their resolution is supposedly improved by the T300.

What double post?

I know when I made the switch from the DFGT to the G27, I found some speed. It was probably a combination of the pedals and the improved feedback as I felt like I was getting better information out of the wheel. Of course, it could all be in my head but if the G27 is worth a little time over the DFGT and the T500 isn't quite as fast as the G27, it might be a wash time wise between the DFGT and the T500. I can't speak from experience as I have never used a T500. I can say that the T300 is on par time wise to the G27 and if feels much better. I'm still using the g27 pedals with it and the pedals even feel better as their resolution is supposedly improved by the T300.
Moderator fixed it.

Well I still need a PS4 and that might show up at Christmas but I am not holding my breath. So I will probably have to buy my PS4 so can anyone give me a good idea of how the T150? I don't presume it will be like my G27 but does anyone know if it is worth it?

Well I still need a PS4 and that might show up at Christmas but I am not holding my breath. So I will probably have to buy my PS4 so can anyone give me a good idea of how the T150? I don't presume it will be like my G27 but does anyone know if it is worth it?

For only $200 dollars I think so.. You can use your G27 pedals with it too.. You will need to buy an adapter for that, but it's not much.. Join Fry's and start watching for them on sale.. The T300 is better if you can swing that.. You can find those for I think $100 off IIRC when Fry's has them on sale.. Maybe Santa Claus can help out..Stay sharp on school and golf and see what happens..

For only $200 dollars I think so.. You can use your G27 pedals with it too.. You will need to buy an adapter for that, but it's not much.. Join Fry's and start watching for them on sale.. The T300 is better if you can swing that.. You can find those for I think $100 off IIRC when Fry's has them on sale.. Maybe Santa Claus can help out..Stay sharp on school and golf and see what happens..

Thanks Euclid. Appreciate the help guys

I believe it was back in GT5, when I first realized how uncompetitive my driving was that I decided to make the transition from crosspad steering and button T/B to all progressive inputs on the controller. It was quite difficult to make the change and I was certainly slower and more erratic for a while.

Is anybody using DS3 "light switches"?

Latest Posts

Back