◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Weird, it's not working for me?

@Raw10_2u - You have done the data in the Sunday Scoring Sheet instead of the Data Sheet. Let me know asap if you have access to SNAIL Data, so that you can copy and paste numbers over, otherwise you are going to lose it all tomorrow when I delete the July 3 score sheets

Looking to race tomorrow night I posted earlier already in the club just wondering what division I should start in?

Hello again fellow SNAILs! Just checking in to pose a question to a select few about getting into karting.

- How did you guys get into karting? Specifically, finding a league or event that you went to occasionally in your beginnings.
- How does one go about buying/salvaging/building a kart on a decent $200-$500 budget if possible?
- What kind of gear/apparel would I need? How much would it a decent set cost?

That's about all I can think of for now. I'd prefer if answer came in PMs so I can easily respond on my phone. Thanks guys! Back so my lurking.

EDIT: I also plan on keeping it local as much as possible to begin with. Also, will take suggestions with rental kart clubs/races, but much prefer having my own little pride and joy.

Last edited:
Hello again fellow SNAILs! Just checking in to pose a question to a select few about getting into karting.

- How did you guys get into karting? Specifically, finding a league or event that you went to occasionally in your beginnings.
- How does one go about buying/salvaging/building a kart on a decent $200-$500 budget if possible?

That's about all I can think of for now. I'd prefer if answer came in PMs so I can easily respond on my phone. Thanks guys! Back so my lurking.

EDIT: I also plan on keeping it local as much as possible to begin with. Also, will take suggestions with rental kart clubs/races, but much prefer having my own little pride and joy.

I got into karting at the age of 6 and a half after like 4 sessions of 10 mins of the rental kart. My parents decided to buy me a Subaru 4 stroke minikart, I think it was around 1200€, (around 1300$). After 4 weeks of practice with the kart, the local guy told me I had potential and told me to go to a regional race (basically it's like a championship in a state).

I continued on from there, getting 2nd in the championship in my 1st year.

I don't know the prices of a kart in the USA, but in Europe I think unless you have a friend to lower the price of a very old kart, that price tag doesn't exist on a kart. Besides, I've seen many try to buy old karts to save money, but they end up spending more due to the maintenance it needs. In France, an average kart (Rotax Max) costs around 2400€ second hand, around 2650$

Depends on the regulations of your ASN. In France the mandatory equipment is a suit (100€), a helmet (100€), gloves (20€). The optional equipment consists of racing shoes (40€), a neck brace (15€), and a rib protector (25€).

So if you buy everything it would be around 330$. I highly recommend buying a rib protector. A neck brace is very useful if you're a beginner. Racing shoes are not really important in my opinion.

I got into karting at the age of 6 and a half after like 4 sessions of 10 mins of the rental kart. My parents decided to buy me a Subaru 4 stroke minikart, I think it was around 1200€, (around 1300$). After 4 weeks of practice with the kart, the local guy told me I had potential and told me to go to a regional race (basically it's like a championship in a state).

I continued on from there, getting 2nd in the championship in my 1st year.

I don't know the prices of a kart in the USA, but in Europe I think unless you have a friend to lower the price of a very old kart, that price tag doesn't exist on a kart. Besides, I've seen many try to buy old karts to save money, but they end up spending more due to the maintenance it needs. In France, an average kart (Rotax Max) costs around 2400€ second hand, around 2650$

Depends on the regulations of your ASN. In France the mandatory equipment is a suit (100€), a helmet (100€), gloves (20€). The optional equipment consists of racing shoes (40€), a neck brace (15€), and a rib protector (25€).

So if you buy everything it would be around 330$. I highly recommend buying a rib protector. A neck brace is very useful if you're a beginner. Racing shoes are not really important in my opinion.

Oh boy. For that kind of money I might as well wait on a little Civic to toss around on track days. I think I'll stick to rental karts for a bit to get my fix. Thanks for the quick response! :)

My review of the 12 incidents on file are complete.

Eichel-Goal.gif

Please close the one practice room that should have been closed about 15 minutes ago.

This is also in our rules just in case it has been forgotten:

What the host should do:

1. Between 9 and 9:15 pm Eastern time the host should open a club only room from the club page for the night's racing. This room should be set to the first track from the time it is opened. The host should not allow hot lapping or practice before the start of the race night.

All hosts are clear to start the nights racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to delay the start is to allow for someone who was already in the room and DQ'd to have their 3 minutes to return to the room.

Back