◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Not having been drawn into AC, PCars, etc., I am tremendously impressed with the GT Sport Demo.
A lot of figuring it out and experimenting, but really enjoyable.
Tex I said to myself I was only gonna play for a 1 hour

This happened

hqdefault.jpg

Would love to come back if everyone is digging GTS. Had some good races in PC1 but I really miss GT since I got rid of the PS3 a couple of years ago.

My biggest worry is the car and track list is pretty weak. If they don't add a bunch of the old cars and tracks I will feel like I wasted my money.

PS4 Pro's are going for $399 for 1TB console & 1 controller at Amazon. I'm thinking a standard PS4 oughta be under 300, game or not. That's just me though.

Well, I filtered unused cars to sport soft tires and 400hp+- and up and saw only about 5 cars I was interested in taking to Nurb. The Lambo Murcie was merciless with off throttle no brake oversteer. Will take much more talent than I have to get it safely around nurb, or pretty much any track. The Benz SL 55 AMG gave all kinds of buttkicker but understeered pretty much everywhere. You could get the back to break loose but it took some doing. I settled on the;

Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 PP/HP 512/503 - 519/528 FR 1810 Sport Soft 2:12.4xx was my best from 2 4 lap sessions.

The sport softs might be just a tad more tire than it needs but I'd think with less tire it would just go into understeer mode. It's pretty stable with the SS so it ought to be a good ride for the likes of myself and hopefully others. It gives good buttkicker as well and doesn't need to be wound up to the rev limiter before grabbing the next gear.

Has anyone heard if we will be able to race more than 16 people in a lobby?
Also found a new ps4 with Fifa 18 at a local store for $329. Does anyone agree that seems decent?

Yes that is decent. Wife bought mine from dell.com for $324.74 with free shipping. The PS4 slim bundle was $299 but it was the tax that brought it to $324.74. It comes with the Nathan Drake Uncharted collection 1TB HDD PS4 slim. Wife allowed me to set up my account on the PS4 slim but cannot play on the games until Christmas which is interesting when i remember i couldn't start playing GT6 until Christmas as well. When i looked under system settings i think were the settings i looked under or storage capacity, said their would be like 836GB left on the HDD. I found that they have bundles priced at the same price as PS4 slim systems by themselves at $299 so better to get a bundle with a game.

Last edited:
Things enjoyed on GT-S:

The 8 Drive School Events - felt like GT4 Lessons again

The Mission Mode Challenges - particularly the 30-lap Endurance Race which required 3 pit stops (really changed for the better)

The Challenges in Circuit Experemces - really like seeing new tracks.

Even entered some Daily Races - online with 24 drivers from all sorts of countries. Saw a couple instances of Lagging. One race was at Suzuka East - had the good fortune of qualifying on the Pole, and even won the race.
How 'bout that?

Edit Additional Info:
"Confirmed: You Can Transfer up to $1MM Credits
In the official blog post, Kazunori Yamauchi states point blank that we’ll be able to transfer some funds to GT Sport. We’re told that $1MM can be added to your funds in the full release, which is sure to give anyone a good kickstart to their GT Sport career."

Last edited:
Loving GTS, mostly doing the online quick matches and I've been broadcasting our website every race.

One thing I have noticed is how much TCS affects you in this game.

Recommend the SNAIL Board of Directors all get into GT-S Lobby together and run some races.

I was part of an 8-member Clean Racing group (some Snailers) in a Lobby last night. Noticed some interesting issues that the BoD needs to see.
Example:
Lobbies are Fixed Host, etc.
Also, saw some Lagging during Daily Races.

Last edited:
Recommend the SNAIL Board of Directors all get into GT-S Lobby together and run some races.

I was part of an 8-member Clean Racing group (some Snailers) in a Lobby last night. Noticed some interesting issues that the BoD needs to see.
Example:
Lobbies are Fixed Host, etc.
Also, saw some Lagging during Daily Races.
I would wait until the update after the demo ends before coming to a conclusion on lobby concerns. This demo no doubt is being used to stress test their servers before launch. Once its over, they will update the game and their servers with more optimized settings and such that will likely enhance the online experience. I havent follow the behind the scenes of this game. So I don't exactly know how much of the old game was thrown out and how much was ported over, but I imagine that the way the new 86x architecture communicates over the network is probably different enough from the PS3 that rewriting those drivers and engine in game would be easier than trying to port them over. If so, then this is all shiny and new, which means expect hiccups for sure. But I imagine the platform, and the games intended purpose, will lead to any online stability that is a fault of the game, and not a users network and/or ISP, will be fixed quick.

Has anyone with the Thustmaster T300 wheel experience any issues with force feedback settings in GTS ? I've had to reduce max torque level to 1 and FFB to 3 to minimize huge levels of tension I'm getting from default settings.

Has anyone with the Thustmaster T300 wheel experience any issues with force feedback settings in GTS ? I've had to reduce max torque level to 1 and FFB to 3 to minimize huge levels of tension I'm getting from default settings.

I have the T300RS and have had no such issues. I set mine to 6 and 8 just as I have it in GT6. It's a little different but nothing over the top. I will probably play with it some more once I have the full release just to fine tune more to my liking.

Back