◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Oh @Raw10_2u you just pipe down there mister!

Seriously though, after reading @JLBowler post I'm worried my wheel is seriously damaged. When I had my wheel set to 3 and 3 the tension is so strong that turning the wheel would make a terrible unnatural grinding/crunching noise.

It is a slightly different model of wheel. Some guys in the GTS forums are saying that settings like 4 and 1 are working.

How are you guys liking the T300? I am on the fence as to which wheel I am going to get, the g29 or the t300. I lean towards the g29 because I have modded pedals and shifter I can swap over. Well, mostly over since the button box on the shifter doesnt work. But, I think I would prefer the best out of box experience between the two rather than worrying about moving my modded bits back and forth from the computer and the ps4.

How are you guys liking the T300? I am on the fence as to which wheel I am going to get, the g29 or the t300. I lean towards the g29 because I have modded pedals and shifter I can swap over. Well, mostly over since the button box on the shifter doesnt work. But, I think I would prefer the best out of box experience between the two rather than worrying about moving my modded bits back and forth from the computer and the ps4.
I love my T300, I use my modded g27 pedals with it. I just ordered a TH8A shifter! :)

Edit: wanted to add that I don't think the g27/29 could have enough power to convey the full dynamic range of the FFB in GT sport, I was amazed how much better it was than the beta. I got LFS flashbacks while drifting, and you can feel the tire judder on sports tires. You can feel the steering weight build up as you increase the front tire slip angles, then get lighter just before you reach the peak grip range, just like real tires do. It's great.

Last edited:

Admittedly have very little time with both the original beta and the current demo, but the couple of times I engaged the shifter on my G29 the game did not recognise the input. Mine is my old G25 shifter just plugged into my G29, so that could be part of the issue. Not sure. The light on the shifter is illuminated, but very faintly.

Not much else to say, as I've got maybe an hour sitting at the rig and most of it was just exploring the menus and putting stickers on my Corvette. :lol: So far it does feel very 'GT' and that initially seems like good news. I've yet to explore further than some of the classic GT-style single player events, and have yet to venture online at all. I should probably do that, even if just to get a handle on the lobby setup and options.

Of course, the track list and car list make me :sadbanana: but hopefully that changes in the future....

Has anyone with the Thustmaster T300 wheel experience any issues with force feedback settings in GTS ? I've had to reduce max torque level to 1 and FFB to 3 to minimize huge levels of tension I'm getting from default settings.

I am experiencing the high FFB problem with my T300RS too. So are a lot of other folks. Reduced it to 1/4 and still think it is too heavy for some cars.

I purchased my T300 back in early 2015 and have experienced lots of problems with it. Working with support is a long and tedious process, but eventually they can/do/will replace broken items, as in my case it was the wheel base followed by the wheel rim and pedals. IMO their tag line should be: "Thrustmaster - it's not if it breaks, it's when.

have you had no over heating issue with the t300? I hear they get hot and smelly

The smell fades away after you use it for a while. :lol:

Oh @Raw10_2u you just pipe down there mister!

Seriously though, after reading @JLBowler post I'm worried my wheel is seriously damaged. When I had my wheel set to 3 and 3 the tension is so strong that turning the wheel would make a terrible unnatural grinding/crunching noise.
Hey Tom, I agree something is wonky with your wheel. I had mine set to I think 6 and 5, and there was a good feel too it. Not crazy strong, but very informative and resistive in turns. It felt pretty nice actually. Certainty not springy and tense like you've described, and no crunching :scared:. I had to unplug my wheel and restart the PS4 last night when switching from GTSport to PCars2. In PCars2 I couldn't get any FFB until a hard reset of both wheel and console was done. Something to consider trying?

have you had no over heating issue with the t300? I hear they get hot and smelly
I've been very happy with my T300. Since day one I've had a switched,120 volt, 4" muffin fan sitting next to the wheel blowing cool air on it. The internal fan never turns on and it never gets hot or smelly. The internal fan is not sufficient for cooling in my opinion. If I were going to purchase another wheel, it would probably be another Thrustmaster or Fanatec. I'm not going back to Logitech now that I've experienced the smoothness and strength of Thrustmaster. If compatible, I'd still be happily chugging away on my G27, but now I know what I was missing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I'm probably going with the T300. I'll look into some different cooling options though for sure. I would freaking love to own a fanatec but that price tag is just way to steep atm.

Last edited:
Oh, it's been a long time, since my presence have been felt on the track. Dec, 2016 to be exact. I have been thinking about making my return to racing and instilling fear into other drivers. :-) That said, will there be a S.N.A.I.L. League for GT SPORT? That's the league I would like to join. I'm thinking about buying theGT Sport and a steering wheel setup, most likely the cheapest version.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/manual/#!/controller/content02

Supported Controllers and Features
Using a steering wheel controller to play Gran Turismo Sport can offer an even more realistic driving experience.

Gran Turismo Sport supports the following controllers:

・ Guillemot Thrustmaster T-GT
・ Guillemot THRUSTMASTER® T500 RS
・ Guillemot THRUSTMASTER® T300 RS
・ Guillemot THRUSTMASTER® T300RS GT Edition
・ Guillemot THRUSTMASTER® T150 Force Feedback
・ Guillemot THRUSTMASTER® T80 Racing Wheel
・Logicool G G29 Driving Force

Settings for all controllers can be adjusted by selecting "Options" -> " Steering Wheel Controller" from the Home Screen.

Gear Stick and Clutch Controls
If you are using a steering wheel controller that has a gear stick (such as the Guillemot TH8 RS shifter) and a clutch pedal, please be sure to select Manual (MT) transmission from Driving Options. When you start racing, paddle shift will be selected, but you can change the mode by performing the following actions:

Using the gear stick -> The gear stick alone will become operational. (Auto-clutch mode.)
Stepping on the clutch pedal -> The gear stick and clutch will both become operational. (Full Manual Mode.)

Using paddle shift controls in either of these modes will automatically switch back to paddle shift mode.

There are certain cars, such as those with torque converters, CVT, dual clutches etc. for which a clutch pedal cannot be used even if manual transmission is available.

For anyone wondering which steering wheels are supported in GT Sport, those are the ones listed. The online manual was released for GT Sport.

It's a regular 1TB model. But up here in Canada ad 25% to the price in the states. So might be the best I can afford! :boggled:
yes that is a good price for new, if you want I can phone around to the EB's in my area and see what the have on offer.

Edit: phoned EB they have used PS4 500gb for $299 no game, so yours is a great price!

Last edited:
@singlepaddy definitely jump on that. You're not gonna find a 1TB PS4 much cheaper and 1TB is really what's needed if you're gonna be downloading all of your games. Right now I'm at half full but I also don't have a lot of games. Pretty much just Battlefield 1, Project Cars 2, and some other games. Enjoy man, it's a nice upgrade.

Is there one called logi? I noticed that's there new goto logo on their mice

Logitech shortened the name for some reason. I think they're still officially Logitech, but they're branding stuff 'Logi'.

Just saw this: (not everyone is a Hammer Fan, but it's interesting)

Play Gran Turismo Sport and Get Coaching From Lewis Hamilton

Posted: 12 Oct 2017 08:04 AM PDT

Three-time Formula One World Champion Lewis Hamilton may be well on his way to his fourth title, but he’s taking some time out to help Gran Turismo fans.

Hamilton is set to appear in Gran Turismo Sport as an in-game mentor. He’ll share his knowledge from over a decade of top-level motorsport with players, through a series of images, videos and interviews.

Whether your driving style matches his famously aggressive wheelcraft or not, all players are sure to get something out of it. After all, a spot of one-to-one tuition with the man who has achieved more F1 pole positions than any other driver in history can’t hurt!

It’s not the first time we’ve seen famous drivers integrated into Gran Turismo games. Hamilton’s great rival Sebastian Vettel drove the X1/X2010 prototype racer to reference laps in Gran Turismo 5. Few can forget Jeff Gordon’s input to the same game either, although his advice was less like tuition and more like a mild scolding.

Speaking of his involvement with Gran Turismo Sport, Hamilton said:

I have been playing Gran Turismo since I was a child, so to actually be part of the gameplay design has been an incredible experience.

Kazunori Yamauchi adds:

From watching Lewis drive on TV all these years, I had an idea of how he might drive, but the experience of watching him drive in person was well beyond my wildest expectations. And I’m really glad to be able to share his driving and philosophy with the players in Gran Turismo.

Of course Yamauchi is no stranger to the race track himself, with thousands of miles logged at the Nürburgring 24 Hours. If even he can get something out of Hamilton’s tips, there should be something there for everyone.

You can watch the teaser video of the tie-up below:

Play Gran Turismo Sport and Get Coaching From Lewis Hamilton is by GTPlanet.

I saw that video on my YouTube Sub feed yesterday and was intrigued. I wonder how much he really will be involved.

On a side note, his younger brother Nicolas provided in-car handling feedback for Project Cars 1 & 2. He was one of a small group which includes such drivers as Rene Rast, Tommy Milner, and this guy I never heard of... Ben Collins. They say he's really fast though, and that ducks can't fly.

Ducks can fly, but Penguin's can't. :)
flying-penguin-baby-toddler-shirts-toddler-premium-t-shirt.jpg

Just saw this: (not everyone is a Hammer Fan, but it's interesting)

Play Gran Turismo Sport and Get Coaching From Lewis Hamilton

Posted: 12 Oct 2017 08:04 AM PDT

Three-time Formula One World Champion Lewis Hamilton may be well on his way to his fourth title, but he’s taking some time out to help Gran Turismo fans.

Hamilton is set to appear in Gran Turismo Sport as an in-game mentor. He’ll share his knowledge from over a decade of top-level motorsport with players, through a series of images, videos and interviews.

Whether your driving style matches his famously aggressive wheelcraft or not, all players are sure to get something out of it. After all, a spot of one-to-one tuition with the man who has achieved more F1 pole positions than any other driver in history can’t hurt!

It’s not the first time we’ve seen famous drivers integrated into Gran Turismo games. Hamilton’s great rival Sebastian Vettel drove the X1/X2010 prototype racer to reference laps in Gran Turismo 5. Few can forget Jeff Gordon’s input to the same game either, although his advice was less like tuition and more like a mild scolding.

Speaking of his involvement with Gran Turismo Sport, Hamilton said:

I have been playing Gran Turismo since I was a child, so to actually be part of the gameplay design has been an incredible experience.

Kazunori Yamauchi adds:

From watching Lewis drive on TV all these years, I had an idea of how he might drive, but the experience of watching him drive in person was well beyond my wildest expectations. And I’m really glad to be able to share his driving and philosophy with the players in Gran Turismo.

Of course Yamauchi is no stranger to the race track himself, with thousands of miles logged at the Nürburgring 24 Hours. If even he can get something out of Hamilton’s tips, there should be something there for everyone.

You can watch the teaser video of the tie-up below:

Play Gran Turismo Sport and Get Coaching From Lewis Hamilton is by GTPlanet.

Hopefully Cry Baby will not do so much whining in the game.....

Well it looks like I'm gonna be in on the shenanigans. As mentioned earlier I went to the local Best Buy after work tonight and picked up a PS4 1TB with game for $329.
Also pre ordered GTS.
Once I set it up its gonna be practice, practice, practice. Lots of Rust and Dust to shake off.
So far the vibe I'm getting from all my fellow SNAILS is that it seems GTS just might be the real deal!!!
Anymore thoughts on the demo anyone?

Latest Posts

Back