◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
We're always looking for more "immersion" in our sim racing and gaming experiences. One of the easiest, most effective, and affordable ways to do that is with a ButtKicker! They are the world's foremost brand of low frequency audio transducers and of course the title sponsor of the ButtKicker Challenge V! On top of all the obvious reasons to get a ButtKicker, I'd like to announce four additional reasons why there's never been a better time to buy one:

REASON #1 - BIG DISCOUNT! All Snails get 25% of their order. Simply go to TheButtKicker.com and enter the Coupon Code SNAIL25 to get your 25% discount off any order!

REASON #2 - FREE SHIPPING! Get free shipping on any order (in addition to your 25% discount)

REASON #3 - PURCHASE INSURANCE! If you win the ButtKicker Challenge V, you will get a FULL REFUND on your ButtKicker purchase!

REASON #4 - COOL SWAG! Post a picture of your new ButtKicker on this thread, and I'll send you a you a 6-inch die-cut SNAIL decal in your choice of white or black (as shown below):

niegztO.png

@JLBowler Please add @Twstcrv & @Ph1sher to the "Joining SNAIL for GTSport" conversation.

Last edited:
It hasn't certainly been suggested that the FIA affiliation has led to some user inconveniences. It will sell copies though..
I think that stands to reason. No doubt that partnership has a lot to do with the way they handle the secuirty of the meta data generated in this game. But I am sure PD was going to do this anyway. Kaz really was not happy about his game being modded. I can remember a few mass bans. Now they have a means to control that data. As much info as they can realistically house in their cloud, or whoever they are renting from, means that much more they can both verify integrity, as well as also control that data.
As long as they have a solid backbone and don't skimp on their network infrastructure, they could honestly contain quite a bit of info on their side. Such as car build data, large portions of the track data. maybe run some 9170's, get a bunch of VMAX AF or maybe a load of the new XIO 2's. Store the data users access on those. On the server side hook up some Power Edge servers. Create several nodes all around large areas of traffic. Maybe a west/east coast thing for the US. a bunch spread out through the UK, a couple in Britain. a few across Japan, etc. ONS them together.... I am not a nerd...

maybe run some 9170's, get a bunch of VMAX AF or maybe a load of the new XIO 2's. Store the data users access on those. On the server side hook up some Power Edge servers. Create several nodes all around large areas of traffic. Maybe a west/east coast thing for the US. a bunch spread out through the UK, a couple in Britain. a few across Japan, etc. ONS them together.... I am not a nerd...

Engrish please... :boggled: :lol:

Hey guys I'm looking forward to racing with Snail on the 29th but I haven't raced in a little over a year with you guys so I'm considered a part time driver in division 3. Is there any need for me to do other time trail or do I just start from that division?

Hey guys I'm looking forward to racing with Snail on the 29th but I haven't raced in a little over a year with you guys so I'm considered a part time driver in division 3. Is there any need for me to do other time trail or do I just start from that division?

Everyone will have to run the new time trial, once we figure out what it will be.

Ok I’ve been playing GTS for 5hours and having a lot of trouble, I’m leaning on buying G29 with Playseat Evolution. Am I making mistake not considering Thrustmaster and I don’t have time to build custom rig. Any advice would be appreciated here or in pm.

Ok I’ve been playing GTS for 5hours and having a lot of trouble, I’m leaning on buying G29 with Playseat Evolution. Am I making mistake not considering Thrustmaster and I don’t have time to build custom rig. Any advice would be appreciated here or in pm.
I watched quite a few videos on Youtube with side by side comparisons. Both the T300 & the G29 got fairly good reviews. I went with the G29 just because I had good service from my G27. Go with the beast you know.

I can't directly compare the G29 to the T300 but I can compare the G27 to the T300 and I have yet to find anyone claim that the G29 is a major upgrade over the G27. The T300 is a major upgrade over the G27. The feedback is strong and more refined at the same time. It's a belt drive wheel where the G29 is gear driven. I can't speak to any of the thrustmaster pedals as I still use the pedals from my G27. Check some reviews for comparisons there and remember that thrustmaster offers two pedal sets with the T300, a two pedal set and a three pedal set.

Oh no, am i going to be the last snail standing with a dualshock? Still in no position to get a wheel. Luckily the ds4 feels pretty good outside of the triggers hurting my fingers after a while.

Oh no, am i going to be the last snail standing with a dualshock? Still in no position to get a wheel. Luckily the ds4 feels pretty good outside of the triggers hurting my fingers after a while.

The G27 works with GTS, you'll need to do a hack though

Outage promised during late night tonight......

Server Maintenance Notice (20/10/2017)
10/20/2017

Server maintenance will be performed for the Gran Turismo Sport in the following dates and times. Please note that it will not be possible to use online features including the Sport Mode during maintenance.

- Maintenance period
20 Octber, 2017: 22:00 – 23:00 PDT
*The hours of maintenance may somewhat vary.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Always remember, good pad racers always have a backup. 👍 I don't ever intend to completely dismiss the controller.

This was posted a few days ago. Just posting it again to keep it more visible. As I see requests, those drivers are being added to the conversation. Sometimes I don't have access to the site to add for hours at a time so if I've missed anyone or just forgot to add you, either post here and tag me or start a conversation with me. When posting your interest, be clear that you want to join / rejoin, whichever applies to you. Just stopping by to say hi and admire that the new game is coming out will not get you added to the conversation.

GTS Migration Announcement

Gentlemen, two conversations have been created in the last couple of minutes. The first includes all currently active drivers and gives a brief update about the migration to GTS. The second includes any drivers who are not currently active that have posted in the thread that they wish to join or return to active status for the launch of GTS. As drivers express their interest, they will be added to that conversation. Many updates will be provided via these two conversations so please keep an eye on whichever one you are included in.
@JLBowler Sign me up for the migration.

Kgffy, how are ya Bro? I have one of the few TM300 that have not had any trouble, lucky me. I am really rough with it and it handles the FFB really well. Aero likes his G29 set up. Personally, I would ditch the playseat and go with a fanatec wheel, which I hope to own soon. I have some PDF plans for an abs/pvc rig that took less than an hour to assemble, I can email them to you........or anyone else for that matter, you want plans, send me a PM with your email address.

T300 is better or depending on cost t-gt I've used this wheel and it's amazing! although with both you will shortly want to replace the pedals. As for rig, why not go our pride and sponsored granstand. you can buy it piece buy piece and customize it with all kinds of accessories. however I would recommend not buying the racing chair I find it to be hard and difficult to sit in when playing something else other than a racing game. Personally thinking of going to the scrap yard and finding a captains chair from a van. But a full gran stand is cheaper than the evolution.

however I would recommend not buying the racing chair I find it to be hard and difficult to sit in when playing something else other than a racing game.

I can attest to this... not that specific chair, but a dedicated race seat is not the most comfortable/enjoyable position for anything other than active racing. Well... I mean there are VERY comfortable race seats out there, but you'll pay and arm and a leg for them. I have an entry level race seat and honestly I'm good for about 2 hours right now before I need to get out and stretch a bit. It's a solid seatback so no recline option (was going for the full effect). I will likely replace a couple of the removable pads with custom inserts sometime in the future.

I posted the following on the GTSport thread:

"Mr Kaz said that nothing would be taken away, only added in GTS.

GT6 had Clubs & Leagues available which provided for a Spec Racing association of over 100 drivers. We have not found a means of restricting any modifications to the cars entered in our events. BoP does not prevent Tuning.

We are hoping that our League will be able to continue in GTS."
Something was bothering me about this post and I finally remembered what it was. Tex you might want to go edit/repost in that thread over there and feel free to quote this one. The SNAIL GT6 club has almost 700 members. Yeah, never even anywhere close to all active at the same time. Good thing too I reckon. The internet might have exploded and PD's auth servers would've melted down from the load.

SNAILGT6Club.PNG

Can any of you imagine if all of them went active together? That would be 44 divisions at 16 per.

<shuddering in fear and astonishment>

According to this sheet, since inception, way back in December of 2011, SNAIL has had 760 players raced. 48 divisions worth.

Last edited:
T300 is better or depending on cost t-gt I've used this wheel and it's amazing! although with both you will shortly want to replace the pedals. As for rig, why not go our pride and sponsored granstand. you can buy it piece buy piece and customize it with all kinds of accessories. however I would recommend not buying the racing chair I find it to be hard and difficult to sit in when playing something else other than a racing game. Personally thinking of going to the scrap yard and finding a captains chair from a van. But a full gran stand is cheaper than the evolution.

I have a granstand cockpit and can tell you from experience the seat is quite comfortable. Have fallen asleep in it more than once :lol:

Back