◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Is anyone else having a car show up in original appearance- NOT your custom Livery for that car?

Is anyone else having a car show up in original appearance- NOT your custom Livery for that car?

Not seeing any livery issue on my side.

Where are you seeing this happen?

Are you online when this happens?

Are you able to reapply the custom livery while in your garage?

That only happens to me after the race when it shows the driver walking from the car. But during the race no problems.

FYI, I just opened up a lobby for some endurance race testing. We're starting the first race at 7:30 (CST), and the plan is three 40 minute races (one per combo). Later this weekend we'll give 1.5 hour races a shot.

On the change of Combo, when I make the car choice and enter the pit I see that the car is not my custom livery, but the car's original paint scheme.

If I leave the room, and go select a car with the Amer Racing Livery - then all is fine. Yet, with the next change of Combo, it happens again with the next car.

Have been waiting to see if anyone else would mention it.

IMG_2041.JPG

Satalite shot of Tsukuba

Sunday, April 22, 2018 Lineup

April 2018 Season - League Night #3

1. HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE 3.8 TRACK 2013 on SM Tires @ Tsukuba Circuit - 18:00 Clear - (10 Laps)
2. CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 GR.3 on RH Tires @ Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs - 10:00 Cloudy - (10 Laps)
3. HONDA RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT GT 2016 (GT500) on RH Tires @ Suzuka Circuit - 18:45 Clear - (6 Laps)

Follow the link in my signature to get the details.

Streets of Willow? Ugh, no thanks. I have never liked that track. If I show up tomorrow night, there’s a good chance I’ll skip that one.

Streets of Willow? Ugh, no thanks. I have never liked that track. If I show up tomorrow night, there’s a good chance I’ll skip that one.
The snail spirit is to drive every combo no matter if you like it or not. If you skip it you can't vote it off, so you may have to do it again next week....

Take it easy, stay on track and you may end up on the podium....

I have definitely been avoiding streets of willow practice myself lol. I did the miata one make this week on it and that just to pass people took some less than optimum maneuvers ha

If you have to concede position its important to do it off the racing line on these narrow tracks like Tsukuba and Willow. It happened once on Thursday at Tsukuba; someone let off the gas to concede and the train of cars behind got stacked up and smashed into eachother. I've been guilty of it myself, you're so worried about giving the position back but you forget about whats going on behind you.

"Note: Contact with cones or pylons is subject to penalty even if you are otherwise within the stated track boundaries."

This is written in the OLR Track Boundaries for Nurburgring GP. I assume since its not written for Willowsprings, contact with cones will not be a potential penalty? Just wanted to bring this up since its our first time running at Streets and theres quite a few cones on track

If you have to concede position its important to do it off the racing line on these narrow tracks like Tsukuba and Willow. It happened once on Thursday at Tsukuba; someone let off the gas to concede and the train of cars behind got stacked up and smashed into eachother. I've been guilty of it myself, you're so worried about giving the position back but you forget about whats going on behind you.

"Note: Contact with cones or pylons is subject to penalty even if you are otherwise within the stated track boundaries."

This is written in the OLR Track Boundaries for Nurburgring GP. I assume since its not written for Willowsprings, contact with cones will not be a potential penalty? Just wanted to bring this up since its our first time running at Streets and theres quite a few cones on track

You assume incorrectly. Section 15 A of the OLR states that any contact with cones is subject to penalty. Mention of cones is in the individual track descriptions just as a reminder of rule 15 A.

15: Track Boundaries:

A:
Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones, brake markers or any other obstacle that is outside the track surface is forbidden, whether time is gained or not and whether you have two tires on the track surface or not.

In case anyone missed it, @Zii1993 won the ButtKicker prize so he'll be the proud new owner of a ButtKicker Simulation Kit very soon. In order to place the winning bid, he used $hells that he got from auctioning other items himself in the SNAIL Marketplace. For those of you who haven't been around that long, the SNAIL Marketplace is the platform that our league uses to buy and sell goods and services using a unique currency that we created called "$hells".

The Marketplace has been far less active than it used to be, but SNAIL leadership has been discussing various ways to change that. We're determined to revitalize it and make it better than ever! In that effort, we'll be giving the SNAIL Marketplace OP a makeover and relaunching the entire program soon. Don't worry - everyone will be able to keep their existing $hells, but we're going to add even more ways to earn (or even win) $hells so that everyone can share in the fun of our very own digital currency. (Bitcoin who?? :lol:)

So to get help get the ball rolling, I'm officially announcing a logo design contest for the SNAIL Marketplace! The winner will get 50 $hells, second place will get 25 $hells, and third place will get $10 $hells. I'll send our original logo to anybody who'd like to use it as a basis for creating the new logo, or feel free to design something from scratch. Some ideals I had were to use our logo (shown below), but then add a vertical line through the "S" in SNAIL to make it look like a dollar sign. Then replace "SNAILRACING.ORG" with "MARKETPLACE". Again, these are just some ideas I had, but I welcome any different and creative ideas as well! :)

niegztO.png

Screenshot_2018-04-21-11-34-00.png

This set of cones before the start/finish line are the ones I can see being contacted easier than the others. In fact I clipped one of them 1 second later. Thanks for clearing it up. Another reason to drive carefully Sunday night

In case anyone missed it, @Zii1993 won the ButtKicker prize so he'll be the proud new owner of a ButtKicker Simulation Kit very soon. In order to place the winning bid, he used $hells that he got from auctioning other items himself in the SNAIL Marketplace. For those of you who haven't been around that long, the SNAIL Marketplace is the platform that our league uses to buy and sell goods and services using a unique currency that we created called "$hells".

The Marketplace has been far less active than it used to be, but SNAIL leadership has been discussing various ways to change that. We're determined to revitalize it and make it better than ever! In that effort, we'll be giving the SNAIL Marketplace OP a makeover and relaunching the entire program soon. Don't worry; everyone will be able to keep their existing $hells, but we're going to add even more ways to earn (or even win) $hells so that everyone can share in the fun of our very own digital currency. (Bitcoin who?? :lol:)

So to get help get the ball rolling, I'm officially announcing a contest to design a new logo for the SNAIL Marketplace! The winner will get 50 $hells, second place will get 25 $hells, and third place will get $10 $hells. I'll send our original logo to anybody who'd like to use it as a basis for creating the new logo, or feel free to design something from scratch. Some ideals I had were to use our logo (shown below), but then add a vertical line through the "S" in SNAIL to make it look like a dollar sign. Then replace "SNAILRACING.ORG" with "MARKETPLACE". Again, these are just some ideas I had, but I welcome any different and creative ideas as well! Please note simply creating a graphic design for the league will earn you $hells as well, so the prizes listed above are just a bonus incentive on top of that. :)

niegztO.png
I built the amount of shells I collected over the entire time I’ve been a part of snail. Have an extra set of pedals? I promise you there is someone on here that could fork over some $hells to buy them. Old headset? Throw it on the marketplace. If it works why just have it collect dust when there is a community of sim racers here that may or may not need a “new-sed” product. And in the end you can end up having quite a few $hells to acquire something as epic as this. I lost quite a few auctions on buttkickers and even a rig if i remember right but it pays off in the end. I promise!!! Get on the market place. Follow the page. Get notifications and emails for that page. Be on top of what gets posted so that one day I’ll be having a meme bidding war with some new faces. Happy bidding!!

You assume incorrectly. Section 15 A of the OLR states that any contact with cones is subject to penalty. Mention of cones is in the individual track descriptions just as a reminder of rule 15 A.

15: Track Boundaries:

A:
Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones, brake markers or any other obstacle that is outside the track surface is forbidden, whether time is gained or not and whether you have two tires on the track surface or not.

@JLBowler , the track limits are not listed for Tsukuba Circuit yet, but am I right to assume that coming out of the final corner. the area of green outside of the rumble strip is considered OOB.

@JLBowler , the track limits are not listed for Tsukuba Circuit yet, but am I right to assume that coming out of the final corner. the area of green outside of the rumble strip is considered OOB.

Below was the description for Tsukuba in GT6. I would assume that GTS will read the same. I will be checking it later today just to be sure before I add it to the post.

Tsukuba Circuit - No exceptions. Note: on exit of the final turn there is a double rumble strip. The full width of these strips is considered to be track. The paved area outside of them and the paved area after the outside strip ends is not considered track.

Road america and watkinglen are two tracks id like to see on gts.
Me thinks I see a bus stop at Watkins. No thanks. I’d even like Dragon Tail if we had to drive it by the book. Oops, probably opening can of worms. Don’t get how 4 tires on rumble strips are OK there. One would die in real life if one drove it like we do.
I despise Monza drag strip but I still endure for my SNAIL brethren. Bad day racing is better than good day at work.
The snail spirit is to drive every combo no matter if you like it or not. If you skip it you can't vote it off, so you may have to do it again next week..... Take it easy, stay on track and you may end up on the podium....
Amen brother.

Back