◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
snaildata-logo-png.748319

Scores for Jul 1 have been pushed to data

Remember, t'is the end of the season and we need all data and incident reviews in so we can prep for the next Snail Invitational on the 13th

I experienced the lap time difference too. The FIA races have 20 drivers, figure the number of drivers and connections plays a part in the slower lap times. However, in some of the Daily races, ones I have qualified well for and can turn consistent lap times, sometimes you are faster than you should be. It's as though they turn up the grip level just a smidgen.

We should all be running SNAIL stickers for promotional reasons. But the logo doesn't really tell those who see it what it is about, they have to look it up. So I added a short description and ran it in the manufacture race,

View attachment 748337
People are lazy bro. We can literally have the entire car covered in snail promo's and folks still wont sign up due to the fact it requires effort. A person will come to a snail room race with us and all. As soon as the snail PSA shows up and you tell them to join they leave or never return. I didnt mind the process because it weeds out the punters but its not difficult to become a snail and folk on here cant be more welcoming. This is the closest your going to get to a SCCA style of racing for free.

Great Race @SAMHAIN85 ! I have new appreciation for drivers after that one. The actual temperature got up to 97 putting track temperatures over 100 im sure it was extremely brutal for the drivers and teams. I had the luxury of finding shade and cooling down as needed. The cars themselves were incredible to see live, and the sound is a symphony unlike any other.

The race itself was exciting with 3 different classes out there . Even after 6 hours the front runners were within mere second of each other which set up for some great finishes. I was pulling for Team Penske where Ricky Taylor , Graham Rahal and Helio Castroneves drive the Acura Prototype. In GTLM I always root for the Corvettes, and GTD the 69 car :lol:

here's my view from the beginning of the race - at the very end of the clip you'll see a puff,

thats where this happened:

Here's a great recap:
https://jalopnik.com/imsa-put-up-six-hours-of-incredible-racing-at-watkins-g-1827272686

Last edited:
Pre-race broadcast said something about the in-car temps reaching 120F. Think of the teams that don't have cool suits...

Having done a 2 hour stint at COTA in August when the air temp was 97 degrees and who knows how much higher in the car, I can tell you that a cool shirt is a must. However, it only lasted about 45 minutes and then it was just pumping luke warm water, which was still better than my skin temperature. I was the last driver, 3-5 pm stint, so after the finish you take a cool down lap, which really isn't a cool down for the driver. Less air movement and then once you get in line to get back to the garage it's worse than the stop and go on any expressway.

It was the only time I couldn't wait to get out of the car. Most of those cars have A/C, but I guess the NSX cars had issues/failures. I can relate to the video of Katherine Legge after one of her stints.

Having done a 2 hour stint at COTA in August when the air temp was 97 degrees and who knows how much higher in the car, I can tell you that a cool shirt is a must. However, it only lasted about 45 minutes and then it was just pumping luke warm water, which was still better than my skin temperature. I was the last driver, 3-5 pm stint, so after the finish you take a cool down lap, which really isn't a cool down for the driver. Less air movement and then once you get in line to get back to the garage it's worse than the stop and go on any expressway.

It was the only time I couldn't wait to get out of the car. Most of those cars have A/C, but I guess the NSX cars had issues/failures. I can relate to the video of Katherine Legge after one of her stints.

Let me know if you go back there (COTA), and that goes for anyone else. Ill be glad to make the drive to watch or meet some of yall.

Let me know if you go back there (COTA), and that goes for anyone else. Ill be glad to make the drive to watch or meet some of yall.

For me, this is probably never. COTA has increased the track rental fee so much that it's basically a loss no matter the field size, unless the entry fee was doubled. This was for ChampCar. I know other series race there, but that's who I went with. I'd love to go back again, but maybe in March or October :)

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on July 1, 2018

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 85 (90.89 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. todally_lit_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. ERAUfan97 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Neuttyy ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. speedcenter ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. x_SIK_PUPPY_x ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. NetouchAndre ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 2
  1. TheRaceReviewer --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 80 (85.54 for Prize B)
  2. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Harry_Rowley_10 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Mully465 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. hanablemoore ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. vVItravisIVv ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. Rogue_Clone ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 3
  1. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (74.08 for Prize C)
  2. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Tec1347 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Se42s0si ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. TexasmostHated ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. nog3861 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Thrash_46 --------- did not submit a vote
  10. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - DAIHATSU COPEN RJ VISION GRAN TURISMO (SH) at Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi - 05:00 Clear (16 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @SAMHAIN85 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @SAMHAIN85 has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 1 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D1 drivers from Sunday night start TESTING combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post a good combo when @JLBowler gives the "all clear". It's important to mention that a good combo will not have a car that hits its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft). Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @SAMHAIN85 is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - MINI CLUBMAN VISION GRAN TURISMO (SS) at Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A - 12:00 Fine Weather (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @thracerviewr gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @JamCar0ne so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

View media item 2540Race Date: July 1, 2018
Currently tracking 6 Incident Reports
We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.
The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.
:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​
The IR Submission Form is now closed.

All potential prize winners will be added to a conversation as soon as I have the time to figure out how many potential prize winners there are this week. Expect this as late as Tuesday morning.

As @zer05ive mentioned in the results post. @SAMHAIN85 has already won Prize A this season so if you raced in D1 this week, you will get to make one, and only one, suggestion for Prize A.

You will need to post your suggestion in this thread. Be specific when making your suggestion. Include the full name of the car, track and layout, and time of day you want. If you don't state a time of day, default time will be assumed.

You get to make one choice and you are not allowed to change your suggestion once you have posted it. You may edit for spelling but any edit to a post that changes you suggestion will result in it being thrown out. Please don't add pictures or a whole bunch of unnecessary test to your suggestion post. It just has to be deleted to make a clean presentation of quotes.

Deadline to make a suggestion will be 11:59 PM ET on Tuesday night.

@todally_lit @bigbeefytaco @Neutty @Nicktune @Kgffy @keepitsteady @aLmk @src_ej6 @spidermonkey @Rednose58 @NetouchAndre

Are any of you experiencing sound loss when you get around a lot of cars? I dont lose all the sound just the sound of the engine (i think). Ill update again when I know for sure. Thing is, since it happens when Im in the throes of around 5-6 cars I cant pay attention that closely. Im using a headset too.

Seems to me the game cant keep up with all the sound from me and all the other drivers in close proximity but just want to make sure its not just me.

Back