◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,750 comments
You know how much a billion is....... to put it in perspective of time: 1 million seconds will take about 11.5 days to tick by. A billion seconds will take 31.6 years!!

There are not many SNAILS older than 2 billion seconds. I'm close, but not yet.
Hmmm, 2.405 billion seconds - feel older all of a sudden

I say if any SNAIL member wins it they should donate 1 million to all active drivers. That would be chump change at that point. lol

Something a little more realistic would be to have the winner fund a SNAIL meet-up for everyone. All travel expenses paid and maybe rent out a track like Circuit of the Americas and do a track day. And/or rent out a go-kart park. That would be awesome

Something a little more realistic would be to have the winner fund a SNAIL meet-up for everyone. All travel expenses paid and maybe rent out a track like Circuit of the Americas and do a track day. And/or rent out a go-kart park. That would be awesome

I like it

You know how much a billion is....... to put it in perspective of time: 1 million seconds will take about 11.5 days to tick by. A billion seconds will take 31.6 years!!

There are not many SNAILS older than 2 billion seconds. I'm close, but not yet.

I’m not even 1 billion seconds old lol

I say if any SNAIL member wins it they should donate 1 million to all active drivers. That would be chump change at that point. lol

WHEN I win I will put up $500,000 a season for snail endurance

my review of the 16 IR's on file is completederistismtionlyish

giphy.gif

(that may be the beer talking)

https://www.gtplanet.net/catalunya-circuit-coming-to-gran-turismo-sport/

When Polyphony Digital released the schedule for the FIA GT Championship EMEA Regional Finals, we suspected a new track would be revealed at the event — just as the Austrian World Tour introduced Fuji Speedway.

The competitors got a sneak preview of the new track at the event last night and it has now leaked: it’s Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, a real-world track that will be entirely new to the GT series.

The 4.655 km (2.892 mi), Grade-1 FIA circuit is one of the most famous in Spain and has hosted the Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix since it was constructed in 1991. It is particularly well-known among the F1 community as a testing and development track, so it is frequently a place we see new cars during the off-season.
I think this track was in Tourist Trophy though! Or maybe im remembering incorrectly..

I don't know if you guys are following the GTS FIA Nation Cup Finals running this weekend, but this is one hack of a race! Pour yourself a cold one and take 15 minutes of your busy life and enjoy this one...

Watched it live, wish there was a little less contact but altogether an amazing race .

The SNAIL Sunday Scoring sheets have been prepared and is ready to go for tonight.

Scorekeepers, please note that the duration for Round 1 will be less than 10 minutes - that is correct. This is one of those cases where the calculated laps were at the transition point. @llNovall quoted a 2:23.6xx after a few laps. Since I know he's a fast driver in D2, I reckoned that the average mid div laps will be in the 2:24's which put the lap calculation basis at 2:25. Based on that the laps are 4. If I used 2:24 the laps would have been 5. Based on the practice results I have seen during the week, 4 laps is the correct number. With 5 laps, only the fast D1 or D2 winners made it in less than 12 minutes with the rest of the field coming in way over the 12 minute mark. This is the dilemma with slower cars on longer tracks (or fast cars on very long tracks)

The night will be about 5 minutes shorter. Enjoy an early finish for a change....

@JLBowler @Rednose58 @SAMHAIN85 @zer05ive I believe that the above post is in regards to the NSX at Nurb which we are still racing this week. If that is the case how would the BOD feel about allowing a 5 min hot lap session on combo 3 this week (BMW @ Mt. Panorama) so drivers can orientate themselves back into the of steering a normal car after racing the kart. The host would then make a change, (like switching back and forth the rooms time settings) to reset the room, then begin qualifying.

I for one could benefit from an extra lap but (5) five is in my opinion to many.
opps, miss read the post I'm responding to.
5 minutes would be GREAT!

I think that is a good idea. Simple fact, Bathurst is a tight narrow course to begin with and being able to navigate with precision and confidence is key!
We already are running a lap shorter at the burg with the nsx. The time made up there definitely can be put to good use at Bathurst.

I am personally not for making special accommodations for one combo. I think if anything the kart should have been the last combo but since it isn’t we must just adjust. The nights go long enough as it is already sometimes. Everyone is in the same boat anyhow it’s not as if an advantage is created for some but not others. The first few corners will take patience like always and then we will be in the flow.

I am personally not for making special accommodations for one combo. I think if anything the kart should have been the last combo but since it isn’t we must just adjust. The nights go long enough as it is already sometimes. Everyone is in the same boat anyhow it’s not as if an advantage is created for some but not others. The first few corners will take patience like always and then we will be in the flow.
Qualifying will probably be effected, as Eyes-Brain-Hands adjust & communicate, but the race will bring the Best to the front. “SNAIL ON”

Question: The Asia Nations Cup Final happened, and the European Nations Cup just finished, where and when is the America’s Nations Cup AND where is the world finals

Question: The Asia Nations Cup Final happened, and the European Nations Cup just finished, where and when is the America’s Nations Cup AND where is the world finals
America's will be Oct 31-1 in Las Vegas. Might be during SEMA. Don't recall about when and where world finals are being held.

America's will be Oct 31-1 in Las Vegas. Might be during SEMA. Don't recall about when and where world finals are being held.

Thank you. That being said, obviously we will get a new track for the American final and one would think Laguna Seca but the last race has been ran with Red Bull’s so I’m gonna start the theory we will get circuit of the americas

Thank you. That being said, obviously we will get a new track for the American final and one would think Laguna Seca but the last race has been ran with Red Bull’s so I’m gonna start the theory we will get circuit of the americas
I've been hunting info on the world finals and the only thing I've come up with is it might be happening the end of November/First of December.

While getting COTA in GTS would certainly encourage me to reconsider getting everything to play, without Spa, GT is dead to me.

I've been hunting info on the world finals and the only thing I've come up with is it might be happening the end of November/First of December.

While getting COTA in GTS would certainly encourage me to reconsider getting everything to play, without Spa, GT is dead to me.

Let's all sign a petition and get SPA back into GTS. If that is the only thing that keeps @Dragonwhisky back, then it will be worth it. We miss you Mr. Dragon, the bacon lover.

Here a screen shot with the Americas information
upload_2018-10-20_12-36-10.png

Last edited:
Let's all sign a petition and get SPA back into GTS. If that is the only thing that keeps @Dragonwhisky back, then it will be worth it. We miss you Mr. Dragon, the bacon lover.

Here a screen shot with the Americas information
View attachment 775119

My other theory is that in the world finals they will show their hand and the races will be at Silverstone, Spa, and Grand Valley. They have to challenge the Finalists so I think it’ll be tracks that aren’t on the game. There HAS to be a reason they haven’t included their legendary tracks you know.

My other theory is that in the world finals they will show their hand and the races will be at Silverstone, Spa, and Grand Valley. They have to challenge the Finalists so I think it’ll be tracks that aren’t on the game. There HAS to be a reason they haven’t included their legendary tracks you know.

Rumour has it Spa increased the cost to purchase rights to put their track into your game and PD isn't going to spend the money.

Back