◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,692 comments
Yeah, if you're designing a game for PS4, the underlying game is not going to exploit the full capabilities of the PS5. They can add content for PS5, upgrade graphics, whatever, but it will still feel like a port.

Unfortunately, it makes the further outlook even gloomier, as when it comes time to sunset PS4 support the PS5 game is still a dinosaur by then in comparison to competitors who engineered their games for the PS5 specifically. An alternative is to release a new(GT8) at the same time that is designed exclusively for PS5, but given Polyphony's development lead time this last decade I don't think that is a realistic expectation. And even if they do release a GT8 then, it is even more likely it isn't a new scratch design but just a modified version of the previous game. And that's not a new thing but becoming industry standard. That's how you end up playing a game that underneath is a console or two old that's just been jazzed up for years.

Having GT7 on PS4 is a risk as well. Sure, the PS4 market is huge. However, the Gran Turismo market is fairly saturated(if not tired and having forgotten about the game.) Just like the GT5 to GT6 move, many people questioned whether to buy another of the same title for the same console unless there is going to be some serious upgrades. That hesitation, coupled with the teething problems that GT6 faced, caused a very slower than expected player transition from GT5 to GT6, and GT6 sales sufferred accordingly. So what did Polyphony do? Shut down the servers ending online support for GT5.

"That'll teach 'em not to buy our 🤬. Now they'll have to buy GT6 if they want to keep racing!"

Of course, what they neglected to consider was that it wasn't 2007 and they weren't the only game in town anymore. So rather than jump to a barely functioning at the time GT6, they lost people to iracing and other competitors. Many of them never returned. They may be ready to repeat that. Maybe not.

Constantly parking your car in corners and blocking clearly faster drivers is the total opposite of good defense technique. @Kgffy would’ve dusted you easily if you raced like a normal person.

I see you showing us your expertise by shining example in D1....oh, no wait, my bad. In any division?? No? Ah, it’s your profile picture. Well played, armchair quarterback.

upload_2021-6-16_15-23-45.png

Of course, what they neglected to consider was that it wasn't 2007 and they weren't the only game in town anymore. So rather than jump to a barely functioning at the time GT6, they lost people to iracing and other competitors. Many of them never returned. They may be ready to repeat that. Maybe not.

Just from looking at some of the names over on the iRacing Forum, I saw several drivers that are not racing on GT Sport posting over there.

@EvoSpecX You probably have a real job and don’t have time to monitor our hobby real time (or post pointless videos). We got pretty squeezed on the timeline this week. BoD will let us know if there’s a rule on timing which I didn’t see in a quick scan of the OLR. Let us know your prize B choice.

I will open a practice lobby shortly, for all divisions. I'll start with combos 2 and 3, with maybe extra laps. For combo 1 we could try different car/track combinations, or call it a night. See you soon.

@EvoSpecX is non-responsive. He is locked into prize B.

@Bologna_Duc is locked into prize C so he is up to choose which part of the combo to freeze. Once that is done, the drivers of Evo's division that raced on Sunday will make suggestions for the other half and the rest of drivers that raced on Sunday will vote. Someone else on the BoD will need to run this as I simply do not have the time right now.

I am gonna suggest Tsukuba Circuit 17:20 Clear, I was averaging 59.3ish earlier, 58.5 optimal. I think it'll be fun to have some tight short track racing for the red bull, it felt very manageable.

Back