◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
Umm-Yes-I-Have-A-Question.jpg
That’s really a statement disguised as a question. We can speak slower for you but we have to trust that you’ll read at a pace that suits you.

Last edited:
hey guys .. Sorry I couldn't reply within the time given. My work schedule is very hectic this past month and my work hours are inconsistent at best. However, I appreciate all that the BoD are doing and accept their decisions. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this Sunday also. Cheers

Always challenging to speculate under such intense questioning. If there is a specific issue with my post, aside from the car selection, I will try to address it as best I can.

I will make a note about the shortcut I took. Captain Dude clearly stated he’s too busy right now and the compressed timeline we face is further evidence, to me, that the Capt and many of the other Board of Dudes are doing dudely things this week. Good for them. Using the complete lack of authority vested in me by absolutely no one I chose to use my access to the scoresheets as a way to eliminate the potential for further standing around waiting to do what Capt Dude said - suggest tracks.

At some point before Sunday night I expect an actual Dude will announce the final combo.

And if that wasn’t the issue, there’s always this.

upload_2021-6-18_16-52-53.jpeg

Always challenging to speculate under such intense questioning. If there is a specific issue with my post, aside from the car selection, I will try to address it as best I can.

I will make a note about the shortcut I took. Captain Dude clearly stated he’s too busy right now and the compressed timeline we face is further evidence, to me, that the Capt and many of the other Board of Dudes are doing dudely things this week. Good for them. Using the complete lack of authority vested in me by absolutely no one I chose to use my access to the scoresheets as a way to eliminate the potential for further standing around waiting to do what Capt Dude said - suggest tracks.

At some point before Sunday night I expect an actual Dude will announce the final combo.

And if that wasn’t the issue, there’s always this.

View attachment 1018227

Just thought that after we had talked last night, the track would stay...that's all Dude...

12c5ad135b799ddbcf172246173bed25.jpg

Last edited:
@EvoSpecX is non-responsive. He is locked into prize B.

@Bologna_Duc is locked into prize C so he is up to choose which part of the combo to freeze. Once that is done, the drivers of Evo's division that raced on Sunday will make suggestions for the other half and the rest of drivers that raced on Sunday will vote. Someone else on the BoD will need to run this as I simply do not have the time right now.

According to scoring sheet @Akzl298 @Deal24 @IceWarden @Rob Brown @Grandpa Money @Wolfsatz also raced D3 on Sunday and now start making track suggestions.

Prize C, freeze the car, GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR on SM Tires

fwiw, thought I might be doing track selection, second lap was 2:30 at Spa. Eau Rouge goes flat out as you might expect of this car.

Suggestion: Red Bull Ring 13:15 Clear

A View From The Back Seat:

When should you shift the Toyota S_FR?

I look at the HP and torque curves for cars in GTS a lot, and try to modify shifting accordingly. According to the graph in GTS max HP and torque are at 5500 rpm, well below the HUD bar. HP plateaus until 6500 (the start of the HUD bar) and then goes down, and plummets after the HUD flash. I was shifting at 1/4, and no more than 1/2 HUD bar. However when I watched replays of Thursday's practice most drivers were buzzing the engine to the max, and in drag races on the straights, I had with others, it didn't seem to make much difference. In the words of earlier posters: WTF? I'll be interested to see what the shifting patterns are like on Sunday, which sadly I won't be attending.

A View From The Back Seat:

When should you shift the Toyota S_FR?

I look at the HP and torque curves for cars in GTS a lot, and try to modify shifting accordingly. According to the graph in GTS max HP and torque are at 5500 rpm, well below the HUD bar. HP plateaus until 6500 (the start of the HUD bar) and then goes down, and plummets after the HUD flash. I was shifting at 1/4, and no more than 1/2 HUD bar. However when I watched replays of Thursday's practice most drivers were buzzing the engine to the max, and in drag races on the straights, I had with others, it didn't seem to make much difference. In the words of earlier posters: WTF? I'll be interested to see what the shifting patterns are like on Sunday, which sadly I won't be attending.
If I remember correctly you have to short shift this one quite a bit. It feels wrong, but it is faster.

Just putting this out there for any new Snail drivers or long standing alike...new Seasons of Friday Night Snail Cup Racing are set to start in July.

SNAIL-Porsche GT3
Cup Challenge
Season 3
Multiple Primary Grid Openings Available for the Start of Season 3
Performance Ballast Leveling evolved over 2 full prior Seasons creating a highly challenging and competitive one make racing series.
S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Banner.png

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
GT4 Cup Challenge
Reserve Driver Entries still available with plenty of opportunities to race.
Reserve priority established based on event participation)
MPCC Season 2 series banner.png

Have a look, or for some, take another look by hitting the pictured links above for series details and schedules. Hoping to see some new entries for the start of our new seasons.:cheers:

I'm gonna stick my neck out there... Been over 24hrs since BoD posted instruction. Price C was to freeze the car.

Below are the track choices for prize B:

Hmmm. New track for the Red Bull…let me think a moment.

I’m going to say Monza no chicane. Default time.

I propose Spa Francorchamps.

I am gonna suggest Tsukuba Circuit 17:20 Clear, I was averaging 59.3ish earlier, 58.5 optimal. I think it'll be fun to have some tight short track racing for the red bull, it felt very manageable.

Suggestion: Red Bull Ring 13:15 Clear

If you raced in D1, D2, and D4 last weekend, you can vote on one of those selections to complete the red bull combo for this weekend. I'll go further on the limb, and suggest voting needs to be complete by 8pm EST tonight, to give us a chance to practice a little before tomorrow.

As for the BoD, I realize time just isn't on our side sometimes. If any has an issue with me posting this, I will forever recede into the darkness!

Ok, so it looks like it is SPA

Do we have a lap time yet? As soon as we have that we will post the official information, but in the meantime, you have something to practice.

1. GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR on SM Tires @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 16:45 Clear - ( ?? Laps)
2. TOYOTA S-FR RACING CONCEPT 2016 on SS Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track - B II - 07:00 Clear - (10 Laps)
3. LEXUS RCF GR.4 on RH Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track - A II - 12:00 Cloudy - (8 Laps)

Thanks to @Akzl298 who got the voting process going

Last edited:
Ok, so it looks like it is SPA

Do we have a lap time yet? As soon as we have that we will post the official information, but in the meantime, you have something to practice.

1. GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR on SM Tires @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 16:45 Clear - ( ?? Laps)
2. TOYOTA S-FR RACING CONCEPT 2016 on SS Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track - B II - 07:00 Clear - (10 Laps)
3. LEXUS RCF GR.4 on RH Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track - A II - 12:00 Cloudy - (8 Laps)

Thanks to @Akzl298 who got the voting process going
Thank you @Rednose58 , website stopped working for me last night. Combo sheet has been updated. We will use the 2:30 lap time that Duc posted, unless someone else has a clearer time

Last edited:
Sunday, June 20, 2021 Lineup
June 2021 Season - League Night #3
1. GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR on SM Tires @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 16:45 Clear - (6 Laps)

Details

Just throwin this out there in case it helps with busy schedules... Maybe we use the grid list from last week. And division hosts each take responsibility to start R1R1 at 7:30 sharp unless there is a post to delay.

On the funner side of things, cashed in on the Playstation Direct PS5 drop on Thursday, hoping to have time setting it up today.
Would you expound on this?

Updated GT Planet look today! Explains the prolonged server maintenance last night.

Latest Posts

Back