◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
LOL.....I've been thru the policies and guidelines 5 times now......still can't find the crows fly time....PLUS, I was in conversation with my mobile phone to be accepted into Snail and I lost the conversation!!!!......what shall I do.....find that crows fly time, ring its neck, then open a new conversation?
Keep this in the private convo. We don't want to tell everybody when the crow flies

All replays show up when searching for the tag except for D2R2R2.

Ok. Maybe not a complete failure but a failure none the less.

To all: An updated drivers list will be put out today. This list will only reflect the drivers that have fallen off of the list due to inactivity and changes to full time or part time status. The fully updated list with a change in the number of divisions will be out by Friday night this week.
Shared D2R2R2 replay with correct tag.

LOL.....I've been thru the policies and guidelines 5 times now......still can't find the crows fly time....PLUS, I was in conversation with my mobile phone to be accepted into Snail and I lost the conversation!!!!......what shall I do.....find that crows fly time, ring its neck, then open a new conversation?
Well, I switched to my tablet and like magic, the conversation was there waiting for me with the icon at the top right of the screen.....that icon was not showing on my mobile phone.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 27, 2021

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. gatordaryl ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 94 (72.77 for Prize C)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. MikeGrove --------- did not submit a vote
  4. NooTiMe72 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. Bologna_Duc ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 91 (105.68 for Prize B)
  2. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. aedenmaddok ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 3
  1. fullerbunch ------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 94 (69.74 for prize purposes only)
  2. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 4
  1. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (112.42 for Prize A)
  2. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. CreAtlveManlAc ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Drummmer1979 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - TOYOTA S-FR RACING CONCEPT 2016 (SS) at Goodwood Motor Circuit - 04:15 Clear (12 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @racingchamp30 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR (SM) at Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 16:45 Clear (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Bologna_Duc gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @gatordaryl so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Once the all clear is given from @JLBowler that prize winners are clear to make selections, i would like drivers from all the Divisions who raced on Sunday night to make a suggestion for Prize A. I will write them down and test each suggestion made. I want to include all Divisions so that all who participated in Sunday's racing also has a chance of participating in suggesting which new Car and Track combo any would like to be used for next practice and official racing. This is a Snail family and i want to include all division drivers to send here a suggestion whenever i am picked for Prize A. Think of a challenging combo.

Last edited:
View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 0 incidents on file.

Banner by @GamingPete

@racingchamp30 @gatordaryl

@Bologna_Duc You are the second prize winner. This means you have the option to use or pass the freeze. If you pass the freeze, you will get to make a selection for the other half of the combo after gatordaryl uses the freeze. If you choose to use the freeze, you division will vote to determine which half to freeze and gatordaryl will then choose the other half.

Last edited:
Raw numbers and the formula that was used for years will decide how many divisions we have moving forward. The experiment to try and make more divisions in order to create more closely grouped divisions has been a complete failure.
I'm of two minds on this topic. When there were fewer divisions, there were more cars on the grid, but many were waaay faster than me so not a race. Div 4 has been better attended than others and I've had good racing. However, I can see how it isn't too much fun if there are only 3 cars at the start line. Whatever decision is made works for me, as in reality I'm only racing the car in front of me and trying to ignore the car behind me. Thanks BoD for making Snail the best place to race. @JLBowler @Rednose58 @nmcp1 @zer05ive and any others I've missed.

So here is what I am noticing in our division...ymmv.

The initial experiment of more/smaller divisions worked. We had 8-10 drivers and we were all motivated. Great and close racing ensued. Fun was had by all. A couple of people dropped. Then a trend began to occur.

I think what happened next was, with fewer than 6-7 regular drivers, people became less motivated to participate. And less motivated to actually do well. This past Sunday felt like a practice...but I could probably get more productive practice like that by myself.

Some of us (out of 4 or 5 lately mind you) show up with zero (and I mean zero) practice. If one or two drivers get frustrated and drop, or someone parks it, then we've got 2 guys separated by over 30 secs on track just painfully driving around hoping it will be over soon. This type of night doesn't make anyone want to come back. If I knew everyone better like at @llNovall series I would have suggested a full course caution just to get everyone back together and have some excitement...even if we agreed to let the finish be the order it was before the caution...just to have fun.

I was guilty of zero practice this week but because I had prior commitments and got home 2mins after Race 1 started. But I make it a point to never quit, even if I've binned it 5 or 6 times at Goodwood because I've never seen that track in my life ;)

So maybe with fewer Divs and more drivers on track we'll see a quality of life improvement. Maybe it will make some people want to show up and give the other drivers an evening of entertainment they have been hopefully looking forward to. As opposed to people who only show up because they actually couldn't find anything better to do.

Last edited:
This isn't directed at anyone but I feel like I should say it. Once again, not addressed to anyone in particular.

Having a larger grid, even with larger skill gaps, is more likely to give you a chance to race with someone or some part of the grid. Having a smaller grid with closer skill gaps is more likely, not guaranteed, to give you a chance to race for a win with the entire grid.

I guess it comes down to, do you have to race for a win or are you content to just have a good, or great as I have in the past, race for 6th place?

If you have to race for a win, you're probably going to prefer the smaller grids with close skill gaps. If you are content to just have a race then the larger grid is probably your cup of tea.

The situation we have now appears to be smaller grids and wide skill gaps which is not going to produce anything good for anyone involved.

Once again. Not meant as a shot at anyone, just an observation of the overall situation.

Last edited:
A complete failure is a bit of a stretch. IMO. When this experiment first started, I had some of the closest and competitive racing I’ve seen here in many many years. It wasn’t always racing for a win, but at least the front of the pack was usually in sight. People stop racing for whatever reasons, mine had nothing to do with the grid size, it was a new project at work which came along with a new schedule. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent in D2 for the last 4-5 seasons. Even when there was only 4-5 of us. Knowing that any one of us could win the event was motivating to me. Regardless, I’m out of regular Sunday nights for a few months, but when my schedule changes I’ll be hitting nmcp1 up again with a request to rejoin.

Last edited:
View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 0 incidents on file.

Banner by @GamingPete

@racingchamp30 @gatordaryl

@Bologna_Duc You are the second prize winner. This means you have the option to use or pass the freeze. If you pass the freeze, you will get to make a selection for the other half of the combo after gatordaryl uses the freeze. If you choose to use the freeze, you division will vote to determine which half to freeze and gatordaryl will then choose the other half.
Not racing July so call me absentee and let those racing select prize B. Given holiday weekend there’s plenty of time to manage that.

“I guess it comes down to, do you have to race for a win or are you content to just have a good, or great as I have in the past, race for 6th place?” @JLBowler

I believe everyone’s motivation is going to vary. My wife, for example, is very motivated to maintain her badges and trophies in her online Spanish study, particularly the consecutive days of study. Great.

For me it is about personal victory, not podium. I accept that when I return, either thru promotion or Div reorg, that I’ll probably be in D1 and podium positions will be a few corners in front of me most of the time. I’ll still be on the grid because it’s tough to find quality clean group racing in GTS. As others have said, I’ve had that kind of racing with full grids in @llNovall series and 5 people on Sunday.

You can make most of the people happy some of the time and some of them unhappy most of the time.

Not racing July so call me absentee and let those racing select prize B. Given holiday weekend there’s plenty of time to manage that.
So does this mean you are passing the freeze to @gatordaryl ? I'm willing to run the suggestion and voting process to get prize B selected if you can confirm you are passing the freeze.

@CANOWORMS1 @JamCar0ne @IceWarden

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I did test the Peugeot 208 GTI Sport '14 at Tsukuba and would have been fun tight pack racing.
Tested the Ferrari at Autopolis International and liked how fast the car is on a wide track.
Tested the Shelby GT350 '65 at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. Since Jam didn't specify a time setting, i picked 17:00 Clear.

My prize A pick will be the suggestion from @JamCar0ne. I liked all of the combo's suggested but my favorite to pick was the suggestion by @JamCar0ne.

Track: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca

Car: Shelby G.T. 350 '65. Snail regulation puts it on SM tires.
Best time i was able to get was 1:42.382
Time: 17:00 Clear.
400,000 Credits to buy
304HP/2800lbs

Last edited:
Raw numbers and the formula that was used for years will decide how many divisions we have moving forward. The experiment to try and make more divisions in order to create more closely grouped divisions has been a complete failure.
The experiment to make more divisions with more equally skilled competitors was definitely worthwhile as far as I witnessed!
While being mostly content with a good race for fifth place, I suppose there’s enough vanity in most of us to want to be racing for a [chance at a] podium position. Expanding division 1 to a full 10 to 12 racers is nothing more than filling the field with sod for the fast guys to trample upon. I’m sure the fast guys don’t mind (LOL) but it does come at an expense. The BoD will make the decision and we’ll like it or lump it. I mean that in positive way. I can’t express often enough my gratitude for the work that he’s done behind the scenes!
Thanks so very much to the board!
And what is a post these days without a meme?
F486BDD0-4B61-4649-91A1-0DBAF7F2817E.jpeg

Last edited:
Eh, with reverse grid it shouldn't be a big deal. If anything, it's a good opportunity to work on 'defensive maneuvering.'

* ducks *

Last edited:
Back