◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments
I have read the first post and would like to join
@zaxuth

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

To the BoD
do you guys know where the Spanish SOLR is?

It used to be hyperlinked in the main SOLR... but somehow seems that the newer editions dropped it.

To the BoD
do you guys know where the Spanish SOLR is?

It used to be hyperlinked in the main SOLR... but somehow seems that the newer editions dropped it.
The Spanish version that we had was a translation of an older version of the OLR so it was removed.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on July 18, 2021

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 96 (78.83 for Prize C)
  2. gatordaryl ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. NooTiMe72 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 91 (103.45 for Prize A)
  2. aedenmaddok ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. fullerbunch ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3
  1. CreAtlveManlAc ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 91 (94.83 for Prize B)
  2. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
  5. Buckeye121 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - BMW M6 GT3 WALKENHORST MOTORSPORT 2016 (RH) at Dragon Trail - Seaside II - 06:30 Clear (9 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @IceWarden wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - GRAN TURISMO F1500T-A (RM) at Autódromo De Interlagos - 09:15 Clear (12 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CourageRising gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Timlour so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
with proper testing @DrG Master357 I wouldn't choose Interlagos.. but after Sunday's racing, it actually provided some relatively close racing with some. I actually enjoyed the challenge.

This car deserves a proper track!!!
The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - GRAN TURISMO F1500T-A (RM) at Autódromo De Interlagos - 09:15 Clear (12 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CourageRising gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Hamilton was going to drive as “aggressively” as needed to get out of lap 1 in the lead. He was going to do whatever it took to win at Silverstone…period. I personally think it was Hamilton’s fault. He hit Max so hard that it cracked Hamilton’s front wheel and it had to be replaced during the red flag.

That being said. Max is the WDC leader and knows the hometown boy was going to drive in whatever manner was necessary to win that one. The better part of valor is to let that go in lap one, protect your position and get him later on the race. Especially if you are on the outside where it is so much easier to be a victim of the inside driver’s will. Trusting Hamilton in that instance was unwise considering Hamilton was amped up like a rabid dog.

Hindsight is 20/20. But I guarantee you it gets dirty from here on out. People talk about Max’s history but over the last year he has been the cleanest driver and is the only driver with no points against his license (that raced last year). So he’s been respectful and clean. I just hope this incident doesn’t set a precedent for aggressive behavior. This is the first time since Rosberg that Hamilton has had any pressure on him and he’s starting to crack and show his true self. That Mr Perfect he’s been showing the last several years is gone and he’s getting ruffled and nervous.
In my opinion of course.

Mostly due to the unique passing/corner "rights"(heh) ruling that exists in F1 now.

Just about anywhere else; that's a racing incident.
I agree with you, however, I am going to compare apples to pears here. Just watched about 90% of the Six hours of The Glen (IMSA) and the highlights of the Six Hours of Monza (WEC); it is all about respect to the other driver, seem some awesome passes at The Glen with two difference categories in the corners without incident as well as passing same class; perhaps a rub here and there, but nothing to the level of that infamous Lap 1.

Going back to the Lap 1 incident with Hammy / Max, while it is a racing incident as stated and called by the Stewards, it was an extremely high risk maneuver (highly negligent) in which he was given an inch of space and took three (this after seeing Max correcting to the left).

I agree as stated by @IceWarden too, I think Max should've let that one go and then perhaps counter attack after Beckets; same philosophy that got Perez on the last two races; pushing for a pass when it is not there when he has the better car.

In my own opinion, the 10 sec penalty is a joke considering that then he also gets a free pit stop because of the Red Flag; also barking at the pit wall to get Bottas to concede because it is going to make it harder to get to the front ... is it supposed to be easy?

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 7.35.37 PM.png

I think Bottas has probably had to concede more places to Hamilton due to team orders than any teammate in history. Some very hollow victories in there for Hamilton for sure.
Oh I don't know.... being a big fan of Schumacher (The good one, not Ralph), I saw Rubens concede an awful lot of races

I agree with you, however, I am going to compare apples to pears here. Just watched about 90% of the Six hours of The Glen (IMSA) and the highlights of the Six Hours of Monza (WEC); it is all about respect to the other driver, seem some awesome passes at The Glen with two difference categories in the corners without incident as well as passing same class; perhaps a rub here and there, but nothing to the level of that infamous Lap 1.

Going back to the Lap 1 incident with Hammy / Max, while it is a racing incident as stated and called by the Stewards, it was an extremely high risk maneuver (highly negligent) in which he was given an inch of space and took three (this after seeing Max correcting to the left).

I agree as stated by @IceWarden too, I think Max should've let that one go and then perhaps counter attack after Beckets; same philosophy that got Perez on the last two races; pushing for a pass when it is not there when he has the better car.

In my own opinion, the 10 sec penalty is a joke considering that then he also gets a free pit stop because of the Red Flag; also barking at the pit wall to get Bottas to concede because it is going to make it harder to get to the front ... is it supposed to be easy?
I felt like it was a racing incident. It was agressive by both drivers but both could have done something to avoid incident.

Fun fact- lando norris achieves the most consecutive points scoring races in mclaren history with 15. Talk about some talented drivers with hammy, alonso, senna and prost!

View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 1 incident on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, 7/23/21.

Banner by @GamingPete

@Timlour @CourageRising @IceWarden

Timlour has already used the freeze this season so if it gets passed to him, we will need a vote to determine which part to freeze. CourageRising is up to make the decision to use or pass the freeze and IceWarden is up to make a pick for Prize A.

Dub's Fun Fact.....

Weird laws on the books in Canada:

It’s illegal to lock your vehicle doors in Churchill, MB, just in case somebody needs to run and hide from a polar bear.

You can’t keep a pet cow in Newfoundland.

It is explicitly against the law in Alberta to set someone else’s wooden leg on fire.

Pretending to be a foreigner is against the law in Quebec.

You may not wear a snake on your shoulders in public in Fredericton, New Brunswick.

You can’t fill a front yard water trough in Cobourg, Ontario, after 5:00 AM

You’re breaking the law in Windsor, Ontario if you play a musical instrument in an office.

Dub's Fun Fact.....

Weird laws on the books in Canada:

It’s illegal to lock your vehicle doors in Churchill, MB, just in case somebody needs to run and hide from a polar bear.

You can’t keep a pet cow in Newfoundland.

It is explicitly against the law in Alberta to set someone else’s wooden leg on fire.

Pretending to be a foreigner is against the law in Quebec.

You may not wear a snake on your shoulders in public in Fredericton, New Brunswick.

You can’t fill a front yard water trough in Cobourg, Ontario, after 5:00 AM

You’re breaking the law in Windsor, Ontario if you play a musical instrument in an office.
WOW!!!There's a lot going on up there in the great white north, EH?!?!

Latest Posts

Back