◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Nice Finale.
Replay was priceless. Sorry bout dat YN
but thats how it goes, sometimes
Car that hit him was going 278 MPH Other 8 drivers piled into wall in a clump
How you could complete that race after that start defy's logic.
Congrats on your new car Nate
Like Father-Like Son

I just watched the replay myself. All I can say is WOW! I've never seen anything like that before.

Btw, I received your PSN message. Why would talk trash to me on your son's behalf? That's so lame 👎

Fully tuned Lexus ISF RM?

Fully tuned Lexus ISF RM just sent to you. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the supra not provide close racing?

It seemed like it was twitchy for the DS3 drivers, maybe. I threw on some camber and dropped the ride height a bit and thought it drove fine with the wheel, but others were having issues at the corkscrew. I enjoyed the combo myself.

Last edited:
It seemed like it was twitchy for the DS3 drivers, maybe. I threw on some camber and dropped the ride height a bit and thought it drove fine with the wheel, but others were having issues at the carousel. I enjoyed the combo myself.

I enjoyed the combo as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure it had the closest racing of the three combos. I recall that fish-yee was one of the ones who voted to kick it off. I'll see if I can get him to create a gtplanet account so that he can chime in.

iride... I think it's obvious from the video that the connection issue is/was on Young_Nate's end. In your video, every other car is bouncing around like crazy. You don't think every driver actually slammed into the wall in turn 1 do you? From what I remember, turn 1 went smoothly and we were all heading down the front straight when Young_Nate slammed through the back of me at super-human (ie. lag-induced) speed. I ended up fully damaged, but don't really remember who else was affected.

Was it unfortunate? Yes.
Did it warrant a restart? I don't really think so. I would equate it with someone getting dropped during the race, in which case you wouldn't normally be calling for a restart.

just saw the video, wow! i was in the front row and was unable to see any of it, all i know is it happened so fast in real time that i wasn't sure what exactly happened

iride... I think it's obvious from the video that the connection issue is/was on Young_Nate's end. In your video, every other car is bouncing around like crazy. You don't think every driver actually slammed into the wall in turn 1 do you? From what I remember, turn 1 went smoothly and we were all heading down the front straight when Young_Nate slammed through the back of me at super-human (ie. lag-induced) speed. I ended up fully damaged, but don't really remember who else was affected.

Was it unfortunate? Yes.
Did it warrant a restart? I don't really think so. I would equate it with someone getting dropped during the race, in which case you wouldn't normally be calling for a restart.

Obvious it was Nates lag? Are you crazy? Pretty sure him being the first and only car off the line at start and following you guys cleanly into turn one while you sit and smoke sideways indicates he was witnessing something he was not involved in. The rest of the entire field lagging with damage to each other. His first incident doesn't come until the third lag/surge when the whole field covers 0-268 in an instant.

iridegravity, we live in a world were not everyone understands everything, and not everything is perfect, for some reason there was lag on your side of the connection (causing the cars to update at very long intervals), so the game says "oh no there at position X,Y now quick move there car to X,Y!" so the car jumps and keeps going do to there being no update on the actual position. yes it look like a bunch of crap or hacks on your end of the race, but I assure you it is no reason to rag on someone when what happened is really no ones fault.

SCREAMING_CHIEF, spooble, cmbeal317, yer_mama904, iceburgeson, Jeffbk95,

Hope you had a good time last night. Thanks for joining the league and again my apologies if I happened to bump you.

Thanks for letting me and the others join in. I had a great time last night. I haven't really done a lot of online racing so it was a great experience. Its a shame about the little bit of lag, but it happens all the time with GT5. I will definitely be back to race with you guys again. I all wanted to apologize for anyone that I hit or bumped. Also I wanted to check and see if this was going on next Sunday, being that is is Christmas. Thanks again!:)

The very real problem is that I was absent from the evening. If I where there it's be cheers, a coke and a smile for all. :sly:

Oh and anyone who has played GT5 online for any real length would know that the car that moves halfway down the row while everyone else is wrecking is the culprit. His connection was slowed for some reason. We can theorize about what that reason was, but no one can no for sure. The best answer is to remove variables, ie disable chat and make sure drivers are waiting in the pits as the start timer is counting down. (Not sure why this helps, but I believe it relevant.)

EDIT: Spooble, I think the only thing missing from this thread is Cujo and Garris having a dig at one another! :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me and the others join in. I had a great time last night. I haven't really done a lot of online racing so it was a great experience. Its a shame about the little bit of lag, but it happens all the time with GT5. I will definitely be back to race with you guys again. I all wanted to apologize for anyone that I hit or bumped. Also I wanted to check and see if this was going on next Sunday, being that is is Christmas. Thanks again!:)

You're quite welcome! I'm glad to hear you had such a great time! Also, my bad for not addressing your Christmas question earlier. I saw you typed that same question after we had finished our voting process, but everyone had started to leave the lounge already. So to answer your question, we will not have our league races this Sunday night. Christmas is for family time, not video game time :) In fact, we may have to cancel the following week as well since it's New Year's Day and many of us may be out of town or still hung over lol. Thoughts?

You're quite welcome! I'm glad to hear you had such a great time! Also, my bad for not addressing your Christmas question earlier. I saw you typed that same question after we had finished our voting process, but everyone had started to leave the lounge already. So to answer your question, we will not have our league races this Sunday night. Christmas is for family time, not video game time :) In fact, we may have to cancel the following week as well since it's New Year's Day and many of us may be out of town or still hung over lol. Thoughts?

Thanks, I figured you were a little busy anyway last night. I didn't think you'd be running it next week, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'll see everyone the next Sunday we have it. Now to wait for the update to be released in the US.

Ok. Thank you for the proof.

Pegged has a lot of different meanings. Look it up in the urban dictionary. I'm sure zer05ive understood it as the first definition and I'm sure iridegravity meant the 2nd definition.

Pegged is fightin' words here in Texas, so I can understand the emotion from both sides.

Let it go.

Nate, iridegravity, please politely leave. Don't you have some races to win? We are snails here.

As long as My name or his is not mentioned or misrepresented. I will allow it to die.

No, I have no races to win, just driving to do. The other people in my goegraphical region role like this mostly. No one likes getting beat and GT5 online is the perfect game for retaliation or manipulation and a gang/pack like mentality. I am OK with not cultivating a huge popularity base here or online. Having a family at home that I love and care for is my priority. Mess with them or do them wrong or lie about me and sling mud and you will push my button every time.
Be glad you pushed it from across the web.

Thanks, I figured you were a little busy anyway last night. I didn't think you'd be running it next week, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'll see everyone the next Sunday we have it. Now to wait for the update to be released in the US.

Sometimes, we get together unplanned if we see each other online ... just tuning and messing around with different cars. If we see ya, we will shoot you an psn message.

As long as My name or his is not mentioned or misrepresented. I will allow it to die.

No, I have no races to win, just driving to do. The other people in my goegraphical region role like this mostly. No one likes getting beat and GT5 online is the perfect game for retaliation or manipulation and a gang/pack like mentality. I am OK with not cultivating a huge popularity base here or online. Having a family at home that I love and care for is my priority. Mess with them or do them wrong or lie about me and sling mud and you will push my button every time.
Be glad you pushed it from across the web.

I'm glad. Fighting over a game is pretty dumb. I'm sure people reading this thread have already made up their minds about you. Take care of your priority. And please politely leave. I prefer this to be the last message from you and Nate. Have a good life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that the drama is over, we can get back on track.

Have Screaming Chief and Aubdogg made their choices? No rush ... I'm just interested in getting started.

Hey, just saw the thread, sounds like a lot of fun.

Do you have room for another at your next race?

Hey, just saw the thread, sounds like a lot of fun.

Do you have room for another at your next race?

Yes, we should have room. What your PSN ID? I'll send you a friend request so that you can join my lounge at our next event. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure when that'll be. We're definitely not going to race this Sunday due to Christmas, but I'm not sure how everyone feels about racing the following Sunday, which is New Year's Day. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the smartest idea to launch a Sunday night racing league on a Sunday that's followed one week later by the biggest holiday of the year which is then followed one week later by yet another major holiday.. Poor planning on my part lol

Yes, we should have room. What your PSN ID? I'll send you a friend request so that you can join my lounge at our next event. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure when that'll be. We're definitely not going to race this Sunday due to Christmas, but I'm not sure how everyone feels about racing the following Sunday, which is New Year's Day. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the smartest idea to launch a Sunday night racing league on a Sunday that's followed one week later by the biggest holiday of the year which is then followed one week later by yet another major holiday.. Poor planning on my part lol

my psn id is kcheeb. No worries on the date of the next race, whatever works for everyone.

that's the thing about hindsight, 20/20 :sly:

my psn id is kcheeb. No worries on the date of the next race, whatever works for everyone.

that's the thing about hindsight, 20/20 :sly:

Ok, thanks. I just sent you a friend request. Technically, we're shooting for drivers located in the lower 48 states to minimize lag, but let's just see how it goes with you joining us from Canada. During the last racing session this past Sunday, we only had one lag-related incident.

Ok, thanks. I just sent you a friend request. Technically, we're shooting for drivers located in the lower 48 states to minimize lag, but let's just see how it goes with you joining us from Canada. During the last racing session this past Sunday, we only had one lag-related incident.

Sounds good, I did read that about the lower 48 states ...

I've done lot's of online racing and haven't experienced lag, a bit of other peoples lag (one car bouncing all over the track), but not mine (all the cars bouncing all over the track) and I always clear my cache before joining a session.

Thanks.

Sweet! Should be fun. Any chance of sticking with Sports tires, or do you guys always do Racing Softs?

For now, yes. However, we might eventually transition to Racing Mediums and then later on transition to Racing Hards. Depends how the rest of the league feels about it.

The line-up has officially been updated here. Go ahead and start practicing and tuning if you want, but we're not going to race again until the first Sunday after the Holidays (January 8th, 2012). Sorry for the long lay off, but the next two Sundays fall on two of the biggest holidays of the year so we probably wouldn't get a significant turn out.

Back