◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
I believe that on Thursday nights we are only supposed to have the SNAILRACING.ORG practice room tag for the official Red/Blue/Yellow rooms. That way SNAILs that are not keeping track of room numbers on the thread will easily be directed to the correct room. Also for Thursday practices we are trying to get the most number of SNAILs into the appropriate rooms, so having additional "non-official" rooms may decrease participation/full grids for all. @Wolfsatz or someone else can confirm, that's just what I gathered from the posts on here.

Correct on the above. This only applies for Thursday Official Practice.

Just took a look at the SNAIL Carroll Shelby Memorial Tribute site and photos.
Very nicely done and displayed.
Carroll Shelby Memorial Races (photos here and here)
5-24-2012

We spent forever trying to get everyone somewhat aligned to take those pictures. If I recall correctly, that was not long before the person who organized it decided to start his own series that was amazingly similar to SNAIL.

Anybody up for some practice at 10:00 mountain time. I have a track meet that will last until at least 8:30 so I wanted now so I did t forget.

Edit:What a waste of the top post.

Last edited:
Ok thanks really need it if I am going to keep up with D6. Haven't even bought the BRZ

I'm going to try to get on as well, as I need to not embarrass myself in D6 this Sunday.
I'm doing ever worse than you, I haven't gotten any of the 3 cars yet, as I couldn't drive last Sunday.

I'm going to try to get on as well, as I need to not embarrass myself in D6 this Sunday.
I'm doing ever worse than you, I haven't gotten any of the 3 cars yet, as I couldn't drive last Sunday.
Yes that would be great I need someone in D6.

After running low 1:05.3's with my controller....just pulled out the wheel and dropped down to 1:04.500 even for GTA.

Now, if I can only clean up turn 1 for a few tenths...turn 2 for a few more...turn 3...and while I'm at it 4-5-6 for the last few I'll be right up there!

One thing I can say about @aliengamer25 is a couple weeks ago he pushed me to my limit, made me run times I didn't think I had in me, yet raced me respectfully and didn't do anything that would jeopordize either of our finishing positions. Did I edge him out, yes. Was I the better/faster driver, no. Talk about a smart racer, I'll tell you @aliengamer25 anyday.

Yellow Flag! Yellow Flag!
14009134071_90bc9cdc0f_b.jpg

Green Flag! Green Flag!

14009122242_28a7a3706d_b.jpg

14009122312_b737a6917d_b.jpg

14009133921_41f08cb21a_b.jpg

13989202746_5ba51e0da9_b.jpg

14009134231_464ea71c06_b.jpg

14009134171_756ccbf624_b.jpg

14009133881_da59f63688_b.jpg

:gtpflag:

I haven't been out with anyone for practice yet, but I will say that I think I will have the best looking BRZ GT300 out there.

WR Blue Mica with gold wheels. I change the colors for certain cars or special occasions.

Remember the 8C Competizione? I had mine in Competizione Red.

To anyone thinking of joining SNAIL and feeling like you have to race in the normal divisions to race with the best of the best. Well right now two west coasters are in the top 250 globally of gt academy round 1.

Congrats to @gmraces and @Neovre keep it up till the final round. I want to see you two fight it out on tv!

Last edited:
To anyone thinking of joining SNAIL and feeling like you have to race in the normal divisions to race with the best of the best. Well right now two west coasters are in the top 250 globally of gt academy round 1.

Congrats to @gmraces and @Neovre keep it up till the final round. I want to see you two fit it out on tv!
The only reason I'm able to be in D2 is because of the amazing guys in WC, trying to chase @Neovre down, as well as keeping @jobyone off my tail was an amazing experience!

One thing I can say about @aliengamer25 is a couple weeks ago he pushed me to my limit, made me run times I didn't think I had in me, yet raced me respectfully and didn't do anything that would jeopordize either of our finishing positions. Did I edge him out, yes. Was I the better/faster driver, no. Talk about a smart racer, I'll tell you @aliengamer25 anyday.

Man I tell you I appreciate all the respect that comes from D7 and the others as well. The respect is definetly returned in favor, I've learnt a lot by racing with you guys and try to give tips whenever I can and I usually stick to one line during a race so others can follow and pick it up. I look forward to Sunday finishing an amazing season with good drivers, as it might be my last night in D7, but I won't turn away from my fellow snails as I look to continue practicing with them that's for sure. I have to say my first official night I was nervous as hell, didn't have a clue of what to expect since it was my first no SRF league. But I soon realized this isn't so bad these guys are clean and respectful. A lot better than the other small league I was in where I would drive my heart out to win a race on the Nordschliefe of 5 laps just to be rammed at the end and end up last place after leading five laps. This is definetly a lot more fun and competitive knowing that I won't get slammed just for being good for someone else's easy win.

A good point was raised during yesterday's practice, many are finding that we mostly end up racing the most demanding cars last, by race 5 and 6 most of us are worn out either because of the racing or because it's reaching 23:00 hours, wondering if concensus agrees, we could do the most demanding races first?

Back