• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Banners are done.

GVS_zps240eb419.jpg

CaptureZ.PNG

Note the location of the 300ZX relative to the rumble strip and white line. :P

Request to join?

@Lawndart

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

My assessment for the combos this week:

The GT300 RX-7 is underpowered for a race car, but blame GT300 regulations for that. With all that downforce, you can brake ridiculously late into the corners and take them at a pretty high speed relative to, say, a GT3 car. And thanks to the R20B, it sounds nice too. 👍

Trial Mountain is a classic of the series, one of 3 that has been in every game. I prefer the reverse version, but this is still as good.

The 300ZX feels like it's from 1989, so cornering and braking isn't really all there. If we was racing it a Grand Valley East, I would get all nostalgic, because back in 1997, a demo disc that featured GT1 had a demo replay that had this car on this track. A 6 year old got a hold of it, and the foundation of a life path was set. If we ever do that in the future, I'll paint mine Cobalt Green Pearl.

The Red Bull Ring is deceptively simple, but so much fun it should be illegal, and very easy to go off if you miss your braking or turn-in point. Keep it between the white lines and you should be good.

Nissan GT-R GT500? My Super GT GT500 car of choice, I've spent hundreds of miles on this car in GT5, so I know how to drive it. Thanks to the 1.09 update, it's easier to kick the rear out, but the slides are easily manageable.

Grand Valley Speedway was Spa for me, until Spa was added back in GT5's Spec II DLC. Arguably, Grand Valley Speedway is the 2nd best track PD had ever made, right behind the legendary Special Stage Route 11. :bowdown:

Dem spy skills. XD

Just seems like there's bad blood between the big and little league. I don't really know anything about it, but if it can earn the teeniest bit of respect, then mission accomplished. :lol:
Probably long before my time as well, but who doesn't like a little bit of pot stirring :mischievous:

Gotta say, that supra of yours in pretty damn fast, my best lap was .2 off you 3.47.989
I'm the resident mediocre tuner of the group. It was the best I could do, and apparently I'm the only one who's figured out how to get the extra two seconds out of it. :lol:

Sorry about the bump on the right hander by the way. It has pretty bad understeer in the slower corners. It's the one thing I couldn't fix. Ended up running 48's at night at least. 👍

I'm the resident mediocre tuner of the group. It was the best I could do, and apparently I'm the only one who's figured out how to get the extra two seconds out of it. :lol:

Sorry about the bump on the right hander by the way. It has pretty bad understeer in the slower corners. It's the one thing I couldn't fix. Ended up running 48's at night at least. 👍
Don't worry about it man, it was close and fast racing, I loved every second of it

I guess I'll stir the pot a little bit just by making an observation.

Turtle sent a team of their D1 drivers to run an online endurance race this weekend.

SNAIL sent a team of their D1 drivers to New York for the national finals of GT Academy.

It's all about what level you're on.
C'mon man, no need to be like that. We could've chosen to send a few more D1 guys, but we chose not to. Anyways we entered this thing to have fun and experience with something I seriously doubt any of us have done. And so far it's been a lot of fun. And I'm sure anyone that's participating in this would want to do it again.

My assessment for the combos this week:

The GT300 RX-7 is underpowered for a race car, but blame GT300 regulations for that. With all that downforce, you can brake ridiculously late into the corners and take them at a pretty high speed relative to, say, a GT3 car. And thanks to the R20B, it sounds nice too. 👍

Trial Mountain is a classic of the series, one of 3 that has been in every game. I prefer the reverse version, but this is still as good.

The 300ZX feels like it's from 1989, so cornering and braking isn't really all there. If we was racing it a Grand Valley East, I would get all nostalgic, because back in 1997, a demo disc that featured GT1 had a demo replay that had this car on this track. A 6 year old got a hold of it, and the foundation of a life path was set. If we ever do that in the future, I'll paint mine Cobalt Green Pearl.

The Red Bull Ring is deceptively simple, but so much fun it should be illegal, and very easy to go off if you miss your braking or turn-in point. Keep it between the white lines and you should be good.

Nissan GT-R GT500? My Super GT GT500 car of choice, I've spent hundreds of miles on this car in GT5, so I know how to drive it. Thanks to the 1.09 update, it's easier to kick the rear out, but the slides are easily manageable.

Grand Valley Speedway was Spa for me, until Spa was added back in GT5's Spec II DLC. Arguably, Grand Valley Speedway is the 2nd best track PD had ever made, right behind the legendary Special Stage Route 11. :bowdown:

May i ask what ur best times were on these combos?
I have absolutley no reference how bad/good im doing

Don't we still have a number of members that race in both leagues? I have great memories of the many races in Turtle F1 League.

There are members that run in both leagues. I have even looked at the Turtle thread in the past and thought about running with them. I barely have time to run Sunday nights here so it's never happened.

My earlier comment wasn't meant to be mean spirited or anything like that. It was just meant to stir the pot a little bit between two groups that are really after the same thing when it comes to clean and competitive racing.

Back