◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
So I guess I'll be "that guy" and ask.

The Honda S2000 '99 has three versions. The undesignated version, the (US) version, and the (EU) version. Are all of these the same, and therefore acceptable for Sunday night racing? I don't know if they are the same suspension settings, but perhaps somebody had already gone down this rabbit hole to see.

I'm going to investigate a little myself as well, but maybe someone can save me the trouble by giving me a quick yes or no answer.

Obviously, we have to wait for official confirmation but it does seem to me that there is no difference between the three versions you mention. However, if you want to start practicing straight away there's little point in waiting to see if you can use any of the three when we already know the simply designated Honda S2000 '99 version is the one picked by racingchamp. It costs less than 34,000 credits so even if you already have one of the other versions in your garage it's not too heavy an investment to buy the officially chosen one.

Three combos? I remember you saying two on the thread. What was the third?

The cool thing about having other combos that you didn't choose is you have them in reserve for next time you get a prize. This makes people happy :)

The 3rd was the Honda S2000 '06 at Red Bull Ring short track.

http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1508_2016_ford_shelby_gt350r_mustang_first_drive_review/
MotorTrend first drive review of the
2016 Ford Shelby GT350R Mustang
(text with pictures and video and audio) tested at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
See link at top of this post.
headbanger4.gif

Last edited:
Hci
My username is ROCKSTAR-69-car

Can I join this league?

@Hci

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

I don't think I've ever even driven the short track. That second turn that leads back to the esses is a bit weird. Always catches me off guard.

I just spent a few minutes doing a test run. This car makes everything super fun! And I was only using a controller real quick so I can imagine with a wheel it's even better. You just have to remember that Turn 2 goes around 180 degrees.

Hmm... Maybe we should make a series for the Caterham and take it everywhere over the course of a year. That'd be a blast. I want it to stick around for as long as possible but I also don't want it to take up a spot that another great car can occupy.

Last edited:
@Rednose58 After testing tonight on a few tracks with @socalnatv, here's the last combo.

Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 on RH tires @ Red Bull Ring Short Track.

Lap Times 54 - 55 seconds

12 Laps

Enjoy

That should be quite fun! I always wanted to pick the short track there for my prize A if I got it. Some of the slower race cars would be lots of fun there, or some of the older touring cars.

I have a little bit of an issue :banghead: here today with the Combos - just saying, not asking for advice... I'll make my decision and you will see it on the Combo page. This is just a public conversation between me and myself.....:dopey:

At 55 seconds per lap the Caterham can do 13 laps in 11:55
At 56 seconds per lap the Caterham can do 12 laps in 11:12 and 13 laps in 12:08
With the slow pull away (and uphill on Red Bull Ring) the first lap will lose 8-10 seconds)
Our target is 12 minute races

I haven't seen lap times for the Honda on Trial Mountain Reverse. So, I ran some laps last night and got into the 1:41's for faster laps. I expect the D1alliens will break the 1:40 barrier. Point is I found it challenging to run 6 or 7 laps in a row and keep it in the 1:42's. This means to run 7 laps under 12 minutes you have to average under 1:42.000 (run first lap at 1:48 and the next 6 laps in the 1:40's). If I specifiy 6 laps then D1 will potentially be under 10 minutes for the race. If I specify 7 laps then only D1 will be under 12 minutes.

I guess it'll be 12 and 6 laps then.:sly:

So by the way - no pictures of the Honda yet?

Good racing here. Kids.

OHH, to have a large track like that near by. Jealous. The tracks around here are so small. I could see spending a tidy sum of money to enjoy racing on that track. Question, apx how fast are those karts going on the straights? Thanks for the video.

I have a little bit of an issue :banghead: here today with the Combos - just saying, not asking for advice... I'll make my decision and you will see it on the Combo page. This is just a public conversation between me and myself.....:dopey:

At 55 seconds per lap the Caterham can do 13 laps in 11:55
At 56 seconds per lap the Caterham can do 12 laps in 11:12 and 13 laps in 12:08
With the slow pull away (and uphill on Red Bull Ring) the first lap will lose 8-10 seconds)
Our target is 12 minute races

I haven't seen lap times for the Honda on Trial Mountain Reverse. So, I ran some laps last night and got into the 1:41's for faster laps. I expect the D1alliens will break the 1:40 barrier. Point is I found it challenging to run 6 or 7 laps in a row and keep it in the 1:42's. This means to run 7 laps under 12 minutes you have to average under 1:42.000 (run first lap at 1:48 and the next 6 laps in the 1:40's). If I specifiy 6 laps then D1 will potentially be under 10 minutes for the race. If I specify 7 laps then only D1 will be under 12 minutes.

I guess it'll be 12 and 6 laps then.:sly:

So by the way - no pictures of the Honda yet?

Get your mid-division lap time and do the math. If you don't have a mid-division lap time yet, start asking around. D4 would be the middle. Remember this:

Effective for the December 2014 season and moving forward, SNAIL will be changing the way we put together our Sunday night schedule. All qualifying sessions will be 6 minutes in duration. Number of race laps does not matter anymore and everyone is allowed as many laps as they can fit into the 6 minutes.

Race laps will be determined by taking the average mid-division lap time and running as many laps as possible without going over 12 minutes. Example: If the average mid-division lap time is 1:45 the number of laps will be 6. The formula is more or less as follows: 720 seconds divided by lap time in seconds. We will take the whole number and drop anything past the decimal point and that is the number of laps. Under no circumstances will the average lap time multiplied by the number of laps give us a number greater than 720 seconds which is 12 minutes.

Hi, I would like to join Snail to help me learn to be a better racer. I recently got a ps3 and bought GT6, and my dad, who is in Snail, lent me his old Driving Force Pro. I'm ok for being new, but I know I can do alot better, and hope this league will help me get there.

chevy_usa1101
@nmcp1 should be around soon with your welcome message. Who is your dad?

Back