â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
@zer05ive @Rednose58 Banners for last Sunday's races. Sorry for being late. I was in need of a relaxing weekend that involved no work and no connection to the outside world.

Photo credit to @Rednose58
20151004R1.jpg

Photo credit to @Raw10_2u
20151004R2.jpg

Photo credit to @Raw10_2u
20151004R3.jpg

Thought I'd give a little shout out to all the winners from this past Sunday with a little different flavour. Hope you all like.
Congrats to @MajorBlixem @JamCar0ne @Jaguara @Danimal780 @SlvrOnyx and @CanuckleheadII .... That's 6 different winners ...good stuff. đź‘Ť

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edit... After all that work I just realized the G37 is supposed to ba at MONZA. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sorry about that. Old fart brain fart.

Last edited:
If it's not too early.
Prize C Selection: Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model '05 (Racing Hard Tires)
Definitely gon' be' gud. Nice tight racing with a car that facilitates said racing, what's not to like?

Prize A selection

Camaro Z28 Race Car '69 at Tsukuba Circuit
536 pp pre oil change
543 pp post oil
444 HP
Sports Soft Tires
mid division lap time 1:00.00
Yes! A track that we can use the old school Camaro Race Car at! I'm a happy penguin.

Fun Fact: The Supra GT500s have 100 less downforce on both the front and rear than the other GT500 cars. That's probably because it's an older generation of GT500. The others have 300/550 while the Supra has 200/450. Quite interesting because less downforce means slower in the turns but faster top speed. We might get some serious draft battles.

Drafting works the opposite of what you're thinking actually. Because there is less drag and air turbulence from the rear wing of the lead car, it can go faster due to it punching a smaller hole through the air than if it were to run a higher downforce setup. In turn, this smaller disturbance in the air flow will cause the following car to push through more air than if it were following a car with a larger rear wing that made a bigger hole in the air flow. That's why cars with very aerodynamic bodies are so hard to draft up to, they create a smaller hole in the air.

Ah, very interesting. Compared to the NSX Concept's zero downforce the Supra GT500 has more. This will create more of a draft than the NSX Concept but less than a car with higher downforce, right?

Ah, very interesting. Compared to the NSX Concept's zero downforce the Supra GT500 has more. This will create more of a draft than the NSX Concept but less than a car with higher downforce, right?
Not necessarily. The game doesn't show us the information on drag. A transport truck may not have any downforce but it sure creates a huge draft.

Did anybody do some lap dancing with the two newcomers yet? I need the lap times to set the lap numbers for the weekend. Otherwise I will have to try them out myself tonight. :)

We did 6 laps last night and squeaked in just over 12 minutes with the Supra last night. Running right around the 2 min/ lap mark.

Yeah, I would agree it will be 6 laps of Nurburgring. First night out and I ran some lowish 1:57s so 1:59 should be a conservative mid division time.

Hey I'm just watching some headsets for PS3 and really don't know which is the best option, actually, I just made a quick look into the net, lol, and saw these options but don't know how good are.

I saw Plantronics RIG and Playstation Gold or even Silver Edition, Turtle Beach PX3

Any Suggestion or Comment????????

Hey I'm just watching some headsets for PS3 and really don't know which is the best option, actually, I just made a quick look into the net, lol, and saw these options but don't know how good are.

I saw Plantronics RIG and Playstation Gold or even Silver Edition, Turtle Beach PX3

Any Suggestion or Comment????????
Playstation Gold: I've owned them for over a year and they work pretty good. Battery about seven hours on full charge. My only complaint, the plastic housing where the hinges are has started to crack. I don't have a large head, but I do have a tendency to pull pretty hard on them when I take them off. I might have cracked them by being too rough with them. The sound is good, the wireless feature is awesome, and they are comfortable. I liked them a lot until they cracked, but like I said, that could be my fault. I was kinda... in the bag the night I cracked them. :odd:

Back