◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
snaildata-logo-png.620470

Scores for Jan 15 have been pushed to Data and is ready for the data speciaists.

(D3 - please double check the complete race durations for Round 3)

Would anyone be interested in doing something on Tuesday or Saturday nights? Not an official series but some kind of thing with seasons where we use the same car for a few weeks at a time? Also, this would be in GT6 AND Project Cars, so if you can't race PCars there's still something to do in GT6. Like this post if you're even slightly interested, thanks and have a great day!

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in doing something on Tuesday or Friday nights? Not an official series but some kind of thing with seasons where we use the same car for a few weeks at a time? Also, this would be in GT6 AND Project Cars, so if you can't race PCars there's still something to do in GT6. Like this post if you're even slightly interested, thanks and have a great day!

This is coming Friday nights on GT6

We actually had that exact thing on Monday nights for awhile but eventually it got stale and people moved on. Monday is also an option if there's more people available that night compared to Tuesday or Saturday.

I can see it getting stale after a while. Once drivers figure out their tune, or get frustrated they can't run as fast as others, they'll just move on. I guess SNAIL format works because it levels the playing field each week.

We had boost on weak to counter that and it worked, but there were only so many combinations. I want to make something like that but with other cars.

We had boost on weak to counter that and it worked, but there were only so many combinations. I want to make something like that but with other cars.

Yeah the Miatas are fun, although a variety would be nice. I like ideas DP of running the same car for a few weeks. Some small variations mat be to set a pp number and tire and let people choose their own car within 10pp, but that may become a hassle. Also what about making the track random. When everyone shows up a track is chosen possibly by vote or possibly some random method. Those present are given a 20 minute practice session, then qualifying and two races. I personally would be more intertested in something Mo-We as after that I need to focus my time for practice for Sunday.

Yeah, no sense practicing for this series before the combos are released, so something more low key might work. I used to host a 450pp lobby with voted tracks. PP based racing is not very equal though. It's pretty clear that some cars are faster, or it was in GT5 and the early days of GT6. Not sure if that has changed but tire grip wasn't equal across all cars giving some so much more grip that we figured out about 10 cars that were race winners and the rest were there for show.

I would be interested in resurrecting the Pack Racing Series in one form or another. My first thought would be to keep everyone in the Miata Race car since we've all progressed in our driving and like some go fast in our diets.

Another idea I would be interested in competing in is a GT300 Series, keep everyone in the same car for a season (month) and keep it no tune. I always liked the way those cars raced in packs.

A casual shuffle race night wouldve been fun had PD not axed it completely for GT6. When I wasnt racing the spec miata series, I'd spend all my time in shuffle lobbies. There were definitely some cars that had an advantage/disadvantage over some cars in each pool, which is why they should have implemented more customization in GT6 rather than getting rid of it all together. Something like giving the host the option to manually select 10 or so cars, all fairly matched, and then shuffle from those.

On another note, Cat & Mouse seems like it hasnt been run in a few months. I'm game for that if you guys want to start that again ,

How about a relay race.....

1. A team consists of 4 drivers
2. Anyone can use any car as long as the combined PP per team does not exceed 2000 (oil change mandatory, power at 100%)
3. SNAIL spec and room settings. Laps = 1
4. Qually - In practice mode all drivers in the pitlane. Each team nominate one driver to run one hot lap each (out lap plus hot lap). Based on results the teams manually line up according to the "qually" results. They can however decide which driver goes first. It doesn't have to be the one who qualified. If you have two teams the lineup will be: T1Dr1. T2Dr1. T1Dr2. T2Dr2. T1Dr3. T2Dr3. T1Dr4. T2Dr4
5. The race starts and the first drivers complete the lap and tap Dr2 on the back without crossing the line - park to side. Dr2 complete the lap and taps Dr3 without crossing the line, etc. Dr4 completes the lap and cross the line. The rest of the drivers sit and wait for the clock to run out so that they all have a DNF.

Data for D2 is in the books.

On a side note: A town near where I live is getting AT&T Fiber internet. Friend of mine just had it installed and sent me a speedtest.net result to the Comcast server in Atlanta.
5972767594.png

Dragonwhisky wants some! Do you hear me AT&T. Give me some! NAOW!
One downside to the install he mentioned is he has to use the AT&T provided router/WAP. Ain't all about that but....

On a side note: A town near where I live is getting AT&T Fiber internet. Friend of mine just had it installed and sent me a speedtest.net result to the Comcast server in Atlanta.
5972767594.png

One downside to the install he mentioned is he has to use the AT&T provided router/WAP. Ain't all about that but....
That's just... I can't... Oh my...

And that result of "Faster than 99% of US" could also be written in lower case. That's faster than 99.99% of the rest of us...

5972767594.png

Get that and we see you in D1 - @msgt-sd watch out!! His going to change his name to Dragonwhooshky....

Shoot I'm at work and wanna chime in so lengthy.

I'll put something together in a week or so. Feel free to message me to collaborate.

Replays uploaded to D1 public folder. GR'S!

Thank you for uploading the replays. For future reference, where you uploaded them too is not the D1 Public Folder. That was the folder that holds all of the division's public folders. The folder you are looking for can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzgJMIfSYv7WekR4REpPY3lZNFk

Also D2 currently has one race uploaded that I can find. Could someone in D2 either upload the remaining races, let me know where they are if they were already uploaded, or at the very least let me know that they will be uploaded and the reason for missing the deadline if it will be missed. You have 30 minutes.

I ran in a shuffle series in GT5 & GT6 for awhile. Much testing went into a series of different cars, and it went with a reverse-grid from race to race, and a bit of a handicap for each driver.

I can dig up the thread if enough are interested.

C&M is always fun - I have a few Wednesday eves, and a couple others - before IRL business.

@Rallywagon - call to arms?

@Lessen @Die_Birdy_Die

I ran in a shuffle series in GT5 & GT6 for awhile. Much testing went into a series of different cars, and it went with a reverse-grid from race to race, and a bit of a handicap for each driver.

C&M is always fun - I have a few Wednesday eves, and a couple others - before IRL business.

@Lessen @Die_Birdy_Die
Sorry sir I have gt1 on wednesdays

@Lessen @Die_Birdy_Die
Was it with Watermelon-something or other? I remember finding a shuffle racing room every day in GT5 and from that day until GT6 there was always a steady group of drivers there. That's where I started to learn my craft and when GT6 removed shuffle races I had to find a new fix. That's how I got here :)

Back