◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
PCars is playable with a ds4, you just need to give it more time. I felt the same way when I first got it and stopped playing it completely because I found myself spinning almost every turn. I got Lessens settings and started showing up for PITS practice on Mondays and now I actually enjoy the game. I still spin but not every turn like I used to. Give it another go its a fun game. Its just nothing like GT, and makes GT look like a NFS arcade racer.

I wouldnt say that at all. It is a game and pd programmed gt6 to be realistic but playable. Pcars forgot the second part. I dont think that makes gt6 arcadey one bit. If i cant play it why bother. I have raced dirt track and lemons and am starting in with autocross this year while i work toward a comp license in nasa and i am quite competent on a track in real life. If i cant make a turn in pcars i wouldnt call that realism.

I have raced dirt track and lemons and am starting in with autocross this year while i work toward a comp license in nasa and i am quite competent on a track in real life.

Do you race those with a controller too? Not sure what your IRL experience has to do with racing a video game with a pad.

And if you find GT Sport "unplayable" with a controller, you're going to give up on that game completely too?

I'm not trying to defend PCars or really care what you decide to do. All I'm saying is I had the same feelings you did about PCars and after looking at it collect dust for a month I decided to give it another shot which I'm glad I did.

Do you race those with a controller too? Not sure what your IRL experience has to do with racing a video game with a pad.

And if you find GT Sport "unplayable" with a controller, you're going to give up on that game completely too?

I'm not trying to defend PCars or really care what you decide to do. All I'm saying is I had the same feelings you did about PCars and after looking at it collect dust for a month I decided to give it another shot which I'm glad I did.

I guess my pont is it IS a game therefore must be playable with the default controller for said system. Doesnt have to be dumbed down to the point its as fast as a wheel but it has to be playable. When i hear how realistic it is i wonder what people are talking about because whether i use a controller or wheel or whatever, the imputs i am giving are correct but the games physics arent.

PCars is playable with a ds4, you just need to give it more time. I felt the same way when I first got it and stopped playing it completely because I found myself spinning almost every turn. I got Lessens settings and started showing up for PITS practice on Mondays and now I actually enjoy the game. I still spin but not every turn like I used to. Give it another go its a fun game. Its just nothing like GT, and makes GT look like a NFS arcade racer.

I was out of town this week and took my laptop with me. I played PCars with the keyboard. Initially a bit difficult, but after I put some consentration, traction control, stability control and a little steering assistance. I started to get the hang of it. Cannot do three clean laps in a row, but I did quite a fast lap on Donington National (Shorter version) with a stock Focus RS 1:19.5xx

Got home last night and fired up the PS4 Pro in Boost Mode and see what I can get with the wheel and the rig and the buttkicker..... 1:20.1xx Even after a bit of tuning I just broke into the 1:19's I have to say, the keyboard taught me a few things on lift and coast into a turn and how to use the throttle to help with the steering to get through a corner fast and smooth.

SNAILData.png

The SNAIL Sunday Scoring sheets for March 19 have been prepared and is ready to go for tonight.

I have to say, the keyboard taught me a few things on lift and coast into a turn and how to use the throttle to help with the steering to get through a corner fast and smooth.
ABSOLUTELY!!! Gone are the days of cranking the wheel and mashing the gas as hard as you can. And three wheels in the grass while full throttle - nope. Throttle modulation is the key to the new racing sims. Coasting, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 throttle inputs, and treating the car like it's on a pendulum is the key to consistent and fast laps. Overdriving the car is pointless.

Y'all are making me want to give PC another chance. I've only put maybe 2 hours into the game and its career mode. Maybe I'll come out tomorrow night and check out the PITS series.
I've been playing all day. I know this is gonna sound like GT6 seasonal but do some overtake challenges in quick race mode. 20 minute races with all four weather slots set to random and weather progression at 15% so it changes quite a bit. Start from the back of the field and see how far up you get.

All hosts should start the night's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason for not starting on time is to allows someone who was already in the room their 3 minutes to reconnect or to deal with other connection issues.

Waiting for three more driver to join because you only have 5 when it's time to start is not acceptable.

I wouldnt say that at all. It is a game and pd programmed gt6 to be realistic but playable. Pcars forgot the second part. I dont think that makes gt6 arcadey one bit. If i cant play it why bother. I have raced dirt track and lemons and am starting in with autocross this year while i work toward a comp license in nasa and i am quite competent on a track in real life. If i cant make a turn in pcars i wouldnt call that realism.

Odd that it's not controller friendly. I thought it was cool, before I was able to get my wheel to work with it, I discovered I could hold the controller in front of me like a steering wheel and drive the car. If it wasn't for the position of the throttle and brake it actually steered pretty well.

Everyone has their own preference, and controlers are an acquired skill for sure. For me I really like using a wheel and pedals (and stick shift) to drive a virtual car, and if I couldn't I would feel it was unreal and probably wouldn't play - again, that's just me. Same thing with any kind of flightsim, I want a stick/yoke, throttle and pedals.

One of the things I love about using the manual setup with wheel in PCars is not having to 'row through the gearbox' on downshift. I can go straight to the gear I want, gain adding to the realism of a manual transmission.

Cheers, Shaun

Do the physics work well with the ds4. My biggest of many issues with pcars and the reason i gave up on it entirely was that it was impossible to drive with the ds4. I dont have any plans to get a wheel anytime soon so i wont buy another racing game unless i can play it competently with a ds4. Its a make or break issue.

Whitey I hope this review brings your spirits up.I too was an controller user on every version of GT since inception.I only recently (1 1/2 yrs. ago) started using the wheel.I competed in every GT Academy except the last with a controller,so I am experienced in it.I haven't been very good at it since I started with the wheel,but none the less I was picked to test the Beta and lo and behold I have no wheel for the ps4,So I have been doing it with the controller.It is MUCH harder to do in GTSport than it was in GT6 or any other version.Having said that,it is doable,I had to run for 2 hours before I could lay down a good lap without doing an off track excursion.After that ,I was laying down laps only less than 2 sec. behind @vsfit.You have to do more off throttle turn in and apex ,and blipping the throttle through mid corner than what was necessary in GT6. I use the X and square for gas and brake.Tire models are different,and ANY contact with off track will result in a crash.The physics are MUCH better than GT6,and the whole of the racing experience is awesome.Stay tuned ,,,,,more to come.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 19, 2017

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 90 (87.05 for Prize B)
  2. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. bmw231119 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. vincentq4 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (86.00 for Prize C)
  2. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. CallmeMike41 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. JJLopez_427 ------- did not submit a vote
  9. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. USERID_77a23 ------ did not submit a vote
  11. thorracing34 ------ did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (89.85 for Prize A)
  2. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Beastmodeprime35 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Alexrider007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. cliffeden --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. DVD7227 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Jay leno 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado (Racing: Medium) at Indianapolis Road Course (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @racingchamp30 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Lexus IS F CCS-R '11 (Sports: Soft) at Autodromo Nazionale Monza (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @SAMHAIN85 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Grandpa Money so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Back