◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,773 comments
Prize Update Announcement

The stewards have completed reviews of the incident(s) involving potential prize winners.

This weeks prize B winner is @JLBowler .
This weeks prize C winner is @lllTrick

The stewards will completed the remainder of reviews over the course of this week and the completed summary is expected to be released Friday night.

Both of these drivers are clear to make their selections.

Prize B announcement. I will be passing the freeze to @lllTrick

I Will freeze the track. The Z has been fun, but it feels like its time to move on.

Apricot hill stays....your pick Bowler. :)

Being a two stroke guy most of my life I have to post this, gotta love that sound, and those expansion chambers!
Hey @CoachMK21 , they are putting it in a Volvo!

I like the big radial sound in one of the other vids, once he gets it started anyway

Pack Racing is on tonight. Get there early, should be a fairly full room with no racing last night

If you can't make it through the corner legally then I wouldn't think it would be a legal pass anyway..right? Was this penalized or considered fair game?
I can't believe that was allowed one person slowed for the corner the other one didn't and then went off track and then somehow didn't crash and then was allowed to continue. Dirty and stupid not skilled just really really lucky.

When is this coming out ?

Early 2016. I haven't seen a pre-order option though. Maybe in the PSN store?

The release for the demo was announced for Spring 2016. Now convert that to PD time and you'll see there is no real reason to pre-order at this point.

I saw someone mention a good English to French-Canadian translator tool. I don't remember where I saw it but I'm pretty sure it was in a SNAIL thread. If the person who mentioned it, or anyone else who knows of a good one, sees this and can recommend something, please let me know. Don't suggest google. I've seen it's work with Spanish and I don't trust it. In lieu of that, if there is a SNAIL who is willing to jump into a conversation and help a new member by translating a few things for us, please volunteer. I'll make sure you get some $hells out of the deal.

I saw someone mention a good English to French-Canadian translator tool. I don't remember where I saw it but I'm pretty sure it was in a SNAIL thread. If the person who mentioned it, or anyone else who knows of a good one, sees this and can recommend something, please let me know. Don't suggest google. I've seen it's work with Spanish and I don't trust it. In lieu of that, if there is a SNAIL who is willing to jump into a conversation and help a new member by translating a few things for us, please volunteer. I'll make sure you get some $hells out of the deal.

Jean Claude is versed in many languages. He would probably be willing to help out. I know that he does indeed speak French. @STEAMER62 can you help JLB and a new SNAIL out with a translation?

What Alex Zanardi did was in my books legal. He had made the pass well before running out of bounds, entered the racing surface still in the lead and went on his merry way. Whether or not is was snail legal is another story. Regardless, calling a very talented driver like Zanardi dirty and stupid for completing a pass that will forever be remembered, is quite foolish in my eyes.

But that's just another racers $0.02 ;)

Thanks for the input on the translation but as it turns out, it's not needed. I will file those suggestions away if the issue ever presents itself again though.

Also, I haven't forgotten that I need to pick a car but as I mentioned earlier, this bathroom is kicking me around a little bit. Today I came straight home from work and started on it. I go to a stopping point, took care of a few things here, ate dinner, and am just now getting a chance to look at some cars. Testing will most likely be done tomorrow evening. I may open a room and get some opinions. If I go that route, I'll post the room number here.

We ran a few practice laps with the Corvette at Daytona tonight. Thanks to some good pressure from the other guys in the room I managed a fairly reasonable time...

The previous lap was just a 10th slower. NO DRAFTING

Corvette time.jpg

What Alex Zanardi did was in my books legal. He had made the pass well before running out of bounds, entered the racing surface still in the lead and went on his merry way. Whether or not is was snail legal is another story. Regardless, calling a very talented driver like Zanardi dirty and stupid for completing a pass that will forever be remembered, is quite foolish in my eyes.

Just because someone is a great driver doesn't mean they can drive like an idiot. And it's ok.
The only reason that pass worked out for him was due to luck. When he cut in he was going too fast! He couldn't stop and because of this fact! he went off track...?!? Then he drove through the grass, dirt and back side of the rumble strip to fortuitously continue on. Seriously if everyone took that line he took how would it end up the majority of the time. In disaster most likely.
What? He's a great driver so he can drive however he wants ? Come on...that was a D*** move on any planet anywhere. But I guess it'll be ignored and he'll be called a genius for it. Lol please, God help us all when it comes to that.

I always thought the track boundaries were for racing in. Or is it just a mild suggestion to the racers. And really they can go where ever they want. When it suits them. I stand by my original post! Sorry Robbie guess I'm just foolish.

I disagree. Although Z was a great driver (and to this day a greater man), this was poor execution.

Now, with that said we often take snipits of race video and compare them to our standards. The reality is SNAIL standards are not the same standards recognized in real world Motorsport. We are a gentlemans club. Professional Motorsport is NOT.

I don't see that he completed a pass. The passed car actually started his turn in and then had to take evasive action to avoid contact. However I think he couldve defended much better a she left the door wide open.

I don't see that he completed a pass. The passed car actually started his turn in and then had to take evasive action to avoid contact. However I think he couldve defended much better a she left the door wide open.

I don't think the "she" is a spelling mistake. Herta, in my opinion was the most wimpy driver in Indy cars. He did not defend into the CS at all.
I watched that race live on tv and couldn't believe they gave Zanardi the win after that move. He may have no legs now but what a big set of nads.

Hey guys I thought i would post this up for anyone looking to get into racing for real. This is a high speed time trail event that we hold every year. This is a charity event with the proceeds going to the Braille Institute. It is very fun and somewhat informal. Two days of all-out fun!!

Attachments

• Lonepine Flyer '16_Rev.1.pdf
    385.3 KB · Views: 31
Hey guys I thought i would post this up for anyone looking to get into racing for real. This is a high speed time trail event that we hold every year. This is a charity event with the proceeds going to the Braille Institute. It is very fun and somewhat informal. Two days of all-out fun!!

Should there have been a link?

Here's one of those small world scenario's. I was just reading a flying article about freight dogs (cargo pilots) and they were talking about flying up the Owens valley to Mammoth Mountain and how the winds and turbulence up there are some of the worst in North America. They mentioned this old WW2 airbase!

Back