◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,785 comments
Unable to get online - any announcements or reasons known ?

Online is working now

Edit: not well I should add

Edit 2: I keep making a room, running a lap or two then getting disconnected. I would like to get some practice with you guys so I'll try again later

Last edited:
POLY DIGITAL, GRAN TURISMO and ALL MODERATORS (for Relaying the message).

PLEASE FIX YOUR SERVERS!!!!!!

How do you expect to hold on to your market share if your Subscribers / Game Players keep getting DISCONNECTED on weekends? This should be your highest Participation Rate Period. And worth more than minor maintenance.

Don't you think it is important to provide a dependable gaming platform and server system?

Much more of this and you can kiss your anticipated high volume sales of GT-7 (or whatever you roll out next). I will certainly evaluate your commitment to Excellence.

POLY DIGITAL, GRAN TURISMO and ALL MODERATORS (for Relaying the message).

PLEASE FIX YOUR SERVERS!!!!!!

How do you expect to hold on to your market share if your Subscribers / Game Players keep getting DISCONNECTED on weekends? This should be your highest Participation Rate Period. And worth more than minor maintenance.

Don't you think it is important to provide a dependable gaming platform and server system?

Much more of this and you can kiss your anticipated high volume sales of GT-7 (or whatever you roll out next). I will certainly evaluate your commitment to Excellence.

Exactly Tex, people are not going to want to buy GT7 when it comes out if GT6 has constant disconnections. Their is no reason at all for PD and Sony to be having this many disconnections just because they have the Playstation 4. Very bad move to abandon the current generation base just because a next gen system is out.

I want to take a moment and thank all of the great people here who are what make SNAIL such a great league and community. I am not talking about a specific person, or persons, but rather the entire group of people who collectively make up the community.

While I suppose some race for prizes, or the dream of being a real racecar driver, 99% of us do not have such aspirations and merely keep coming back because of the community itself - the people who feel the same way as we do and who make the experience such a positive one.

Special thanks go to @Die_Birdy_Die for helping me out so much in my first months of racing. Thanks to @Handlebar and @Dragonwhisky for their confidence in me, and for inviting me to work with them in the steward corps. Thanks to @singlepaddy for being such a great guy who is always positive and for cheering for my wins ;). Thanks to @JamCar0ne , @jnmjeeper and @McTrucker for all the late night/insomnia practice/chat sessions. I could thank all the great people I raced with, and who helped me in various other ways, but I would be afraid to leave someone out...it would end up being a list of everyone in SNAIL! Lastly, thanks to @zer05ive for making the league in the first place and taking it to where it is today, and to everyone who does something, anything, to keep SNAIL running smoothly. You may not always feel it is so, but you and your efforts are appreciated by the community.

As much as I love this community, recently some events have occurred which make my continued participation difficult. These include (but are not limited to)
1. After switching from controller to wheel (which I love, btw), I have discovered that the use of the pedals severely aggravates an old knee injury of mine to the point where I am forced to discontinue it's use (I used to be an adventurer, but then I took an arrow to the knee). Odd that real-world driving does not have the same effect.
2. After having driven with the wheel, I have found it very difficult to go back to the controller...not that I am unable to do so, but rather...it just isn't the same and my heart is just not in it.
3. My step-son is reclaiming his PS3. I have to be honest that I am not eager to put down money to buy a replacement of what is an essentially obsolete system just to be able to race with a controller.

As such, I will not only be taking a break from SNAIL duties, but also from SNAIL racing, and even all PSN gaming for the foreseeable future. (Sorry @TomMang_68 that we didn't get to blow things up together in GTA5)

If anyone is interested in contacting me, I will try to check this profile from time to time - I think I get an e-mail notification if you add me to a conversation.

Cheers,

Jag
:cheers:

I want to take a moment and thank all of the great people here who are what make SNAIL such a great league and community. I am not talking about a specific person, or persons, but rather the entire group of people who collectively make up the community.

While I suppose some race for prizes, or the dream of being a real racecar driver, 99% of us do not have such aspirations and merely keep coming back because of the community itself - the people who feel the same way as we do and who make the experience such a positive one.

Special thanks go to @Die_Birdy_Die for helping me out so much in my first months of racing. Thanks to @Handlebar and @Dragonwhisky for their confidence in me, and for inviting me to work with them in the steward corps. Thanks to @singlepaddy for being such a great guy who is always positive and for cheering for my wins ;). Thanks to @JamCar0ne , @jnmjeeper and @McTrucker for all the late night/insomnia practice/chat sessions. I could thank all the great people I raced with, and who helped me in various other ways, but I would be afraid to leave someone out...it would end up being a list of everyone in SNAIL! Lastly, thanks to @zer05ive for making the league in the first place and taking it to where it is today, and to everyone who does something, anything, to keep SNAIL running smoothly. You may not always feel it is so, but you and your efforts are appreciated by the community.

As much as I love this community, recently some events have occurred which make my continued participation difficult. These include (but are not limited to)
1. After switching from controller to wheel (which I love, btw), I have discovered that the use of the pedals severely aggravates an old knee injury of mine to the point where I am forced to discontinue it's use (I used to be an adventurer, but then I took an arrow to the knee). Odd that real-world driving does not have the same effect.
2. After having driven with the wheel, I have found it very difficult to go back to the controller...not that I am unable to do so, but rather...it just isn't the same and my heart is just not in it.
3. My step-son is reclaiming his PS3. I have to be honest that I am not eager to put down money to buy a replacement of what is an essentially obsolete system just to be able to race with a controller.

As such, I will not only be taking a break from SNAIL duties, but also from SNAIL racing, and even all PSN gaming for the foreseeable future. (Sorry @TomMang_68 that we didn't get to blow things up together in GTA5)

If anyone is interested in contacting me, I will try to check this profile from time to time - I think I get an e-mail notification if you add me to a conversation.

Cheers,

Jag

It was great racing against you on the track and good luck to you as well.

Cheers,

Jag
I wish there was an "unlike" option. Sad to see you go, but real life is always more important.
All the best and hopefully you'll be back some day.

I may be able to handle the time trials. Does it take much technological savvy? Setting up the event on GT6 shouldn't be hard. Then, I just have to record all the results in an excel spreadsheet and post it here on a certain day, right?

RE: Time Trials

I won't be able to continue doing the time trials, as it requires a PS3 to do them (almost all of it can be done on PC but there is a step that can ONLY be done on PS3).

Cheers,

Jag
You used to be an adveturer? What does that entail? And how on earth did you get an arrow in the knee Indiana Jones? :bowdown:

Back