◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,778 comments
A little off topic, but with the NFL season fast approaching would anyone be interested in a SNAIL FF League? The optimal amount of teams would be anywhere from 8, 10, or 12. Anything more or less and the teams either get too stacked or too thin imo. Preseason starts Aug 7, but it's pointless to do a draft this early. Let's shoot for end of August or around Labor day. We can do it just for fun, use SNAIL currency as your buy-in, or real money. Maybe something small, like $10. Perhaps a trustworthy member can escrow the money, and pay out accordingly at the end of the season.

Like this post or shoot me a message so we can gauge interest. See you on the track
liking the idea as i follow NFL as much as I can from across the pond , but I would not know where to begin with making a team and would be great to allow access to view the standings.

Hey everyone. A question for the wheel users. If your wheel has openings for screws underneath, do you use them?

I'm sure most wheel stands have the holes already lined up but I'm using a makeshift stand and just tried to install the screws. After a bit of guess work lining up the holes, I got the distance from the edge but not the distance between holes. So I said screw it and instead of drilling a single hole I made it more of a horizontal slot to slide the screws in. They fit and are really tight, so much so that it's basically one with the stand. Just that extra level of support so it doesn't move as much and I feel comfortable thrashing it around knowing that.

Hey everyone. A question for the wheel users. If your wheel has openings for screws underneath, do you use them?

I'm sure most wheel stands have the holes already lined up but I'm using a makeshift stand and just tried to install the screws. After a bit of guess work lining up the holes, I got the distance from the edge but not the distance between holes. So I said screw it and instead of drilling a single hole I made it more of a horizontal slot to slide the screws in. They fit and are really tight, so much so that it's basically one with the stand. Just that extra level of support so it doesn't move as much and I feel comfortable thrashing it around knowing that.
I used the screw holes as soon as I got my Granstand. So much better than using the clamps.

Edit wish I could lock down my shifter as the clamps for it suck! (probably could but haven't bothered to look)

liking the idea as i follow NFL as much as I can from across the pond , but I would not know where to begin with making a team and would be great to allow access to view the standings.

Honestly there's no better way to enjoy football than being in a fantasy league. What once was 2 crappy teams playing on Sunday that you don't care about, now becomes exciting to watch because maybe you've got 3 players playing in that game.

Maybe it's a better idea to scrap the idea of playing for money, and just play for fun and allow people to get their feet wet in the world of fantasy sports.

Basically we'd use a website that hosts the league (yahoo espn cbs .com all have fantasy) and we pick a night everyone is available to draft. You pick, or "draft" any NFL player (offense only) that hasn't been taken by anyone else yet. You fill out your roster, which will look something like this:

QB:
WR:
WR:
RB:
RB:
TE:
KIcker:
DEF: (you pick a team as your D)
-----------------------
BN:
BN:
BN:
BN:
BN:
BN:
(BN = your bench/backup players)

This is your team. You decide who plays Each week. Maybe your stud RB is playing a top defense this week. Do you still start him? Or do you bench him, and swap him out with one of your bench players? Do you drop one of your underperforming players and add a free agent? These are one of the many obstacles your faced with week in and week out.

Each player will earn you points weekly. You play head to head against another opponent and whoever scores the most points "wins" that week. All records and standings are kept within the website. Its all completely automated, and you can watch your matchup unfold live as the real NFL games go on. Your WR just caught a 15 yard TD pass on tv? Check the website, it'll instantly update your points.

There's a lot that goes into fantasy, but that's the jist of it. I encourage everyone to give it some thought, once you play once you'll be hooked. I play in a IRL league with 9 other friends, and we do our draft live at someone's house and make a big party out of it. It's a lot of fun.

Just the clamps with some small pieces of cardboard as buffers between them and my crappy stand.

I'd be interested in a fantasy league, as long as its held on espn and is free. Already committed to too many other ones on there to justify paying even $10 lol

@JLBowler @Rednose58 @CoachMK21

image.jpeg

THE VIPER WILL GO TO GRAND VALLEY EAST COURSE / REVERSE
AVERAGE LAP AROUND 1:08 MID DIV AND ABOUT 9 LAPS I FIGURE

Thanks to everyone who came out to help me test. I probably went a little overboard with my prize announcement but I don't get to do this very often so I was kinda stoked. Thanks @Nicktune for giving me the opportunity. 👍

I think it's a good combo so I hope you all enjoy. :cheers:

Last edited:

View attachment 570860

Thanks to everyone who came out to help me test. I probably went a little overboard with my prize announcement but I don't get to do this very often so I was kinda stoked. Thanks @Nicktune for giving me the opportunity. 👍

Thank you prize winners for getting those selections made.

Now we are just waiting on @Engmatic1 to make his prize A pick. He has responded in the conversation that he's working on it so it's just a matter of time and no running votes for me this week. Thank you to all the prize winners for that.

That 1:08 will translate to 10 laps.
The other interesting one is that, with a 5 min qually, most will get 3 laps and some may squeeze in a 4th lap.

Well done- sounds fun! Although, I think the Viper GTS has ALREADY been to Grand Valley for D4 Hasn't it? ;)

View attachment 570860

When I bought my G27, there was a paper template included to line up on my homemade stand for screw holes. I'm guessing yours didn't come with this, or you discarded them.

When I bought my G27, there was a paper template included to line up on my homemade stand for screw holes. I'm guessing yours didn't come with this, or you discarded them.
I don't recall it coming with anything like that. A bit of trial and error and I got it on. Sure there are extra holes that lead nowhere but you can't see them

I just thought of something that might help out the multi-divisional racing on Thursday nights. See below. This would allow the faster drivers to work their way up through a reverse grid, and however far they get is where they start for the next race. This should see most upper division drivers near the start for the R2 races. What do you guys think? One race they get the challenge of working through the field, and the next race is against those of similar skill, a different but equal challenge.

Qualifying
C1 R1
C1 R2 - Reverse Grid based of previous results
C1 R2 - Fastest First based on previous results
C2 R1 - Reverse Grid based on previous results
C2 R2 - Fastest First based on previous results
C3 R1 - Reverse Grid based on previous results
C3 R3 - Fastest First based on previous results
@racingchamp30 @JLBowler @CoachMK21 hey guys just bringing this up again since no one talked about it. Wanna try this on Thursday and see how it goes?

I'm still available to host a D1-D2 lobby after racingchamp opens his D1-D4 lobby. I don't think there's a problem with room settings. There is a problem with only 1 lobby being run, it filling up in a matter of minutes, and then people are shutout of practice.

That's if we have enough people to warrant two full rooms. Like I told Sam, this is for when we don't have enough for two rooms. A lot of people have voiced that they prefer a larger room than two smaller ones just for the fact of having more cars to potentially race against. In those scenarios, we should try to make it as fun as possible for everyone. I was merely suggesting something for that.

image-jpeg.568596

Gt1 will be holding a free practice tonight. If you want to try tuning or just wants to fart around in some high powered cars come check us out! @racingchamp30 will be our host and we will be using these:

BMW M5 '08 580HP

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 600HP

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 600HP

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 600HP

Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12 580HP

SRT Viper GTS '13 615HP

SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition '13 615HP

SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08 600HP

at Pro: 1,475 kg, HP variable
Pro-Am: 1,425 kg, HP Variable

Or just bring any car that meets 615HP and 1425 KGs Hope to see some of you there :)

I don't usually have it on qualifying since it's just practice but i could have it as you described penguin for Round 1, Race 1 like we do for Sunday's.
Champ the way you run practice on thursdays is the best way to do it. we get all the races in in a short amount of time plus we get to practice passing and the like... AKA leave it alone It's great!!

Last edited:
True, qualifying is pointless, might as well might Race 1 fastest first since people will be on track practicing. That is basically qualifying right there. I'm just thinking of a way to make it fun for all divisions if we have to use only one room. If we have enough drivers to fill up and another room gets made, then no worries we switch to the Red/Blue format of D1-D2 and D3-D4.

It's been a long time since we had enough demand for three full rooms giving a yellow room for all divisions. Those were the days

HELLO SNAILiens FAR AND NEAR,

I finally managed to legitimately win a race night and what a tough, fun night it was thanks to my practice buddies.

so my choice for Prize A is...

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 @ MID-FIELD RACEWAY [REVERSE]
maxresdefault.jpg

Cr 1.250'000
SPECS
pre-oil
PP 524
HP 413
DRIVE
4WD
TIRES
softs:sport [SS]

MID DIV TIME AVG
{+-}00.01.14.000

Now that i have that out of the way here is a recap slideshow of d3s mountain run. i have been in d4 for so long i forget to change my titles or keep typing d4 but it was fun to make and this time we are in the heart of the Caribbean islands for some soca . hahahah stamp yuh name

Back