◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,787 comments
There are probably still some that are not interested/available for the special event Sunday. Paddys race sounds fun for a night, if I'm around I'll join.:cheers:
I was not trying to imply that he can't do it but that some people would be doing the special event lowering his room count. It would be a great combo or even the next special event.

The GT1 guys are always on me to put a series together using the classics however I just can't get them balanced for it.

*I'll figure out how to work this internet thing and post this on the main thread why don't I...*:banghead:

Some of the perks of being a Performance Driving School Instructor is the ability to take Ford Spec Racer out from time to time and give a workout. Just thought I'd make a short video showcasing some of the fun our school has to offer:

Enjoy! If you're interested about the school the website is http://birperformance.com

Feedback is welcome! Don't be too harsh as I wasn't going 10/10ths :)

PS. This is one of the reasons I don't make it to Sunday night races...sorry

*I'll figure out how to work this internet thing and post this on the main thread why don't I...*:banghead:

Some of the perks of being a Performance Driving School Instructor is the ability to take Ford Spec Racer out from time to time and give a workout. Just thought I'd make a short video showcasing some of the fun our school has to offer:

Enjoy! If you're interested about the school the website is http://birperformance.com

Feedback is welcome! Don't be too harsh as I wasn't going 10/10ths :)

PS. This is one of the reasons I don't make it to Sunday night races...sorry

Those SRF's usually come off track with less bodywork than they started with! Nice to see another racer amongst us, haven't watched the video yet but will definitely check it out. Is it a gen 3 SRF? Can never tell them apart...

@Rednose58 Tomorrow night are we gonna do one long practice session and if you want to battle you can find one or are you setting up a mock race?

I'm not home before Sunday morning. I understand @MajorBlixem has opened a room the last two days and ran some free practice laps and two-lap races with a mandatory stop and tire change. I'll ask him if he can do it again at 9:00 or 9:30 pm on Thursday.

I would suggest that he run a 1-hr free practice from 9:30 - 10:30 and then run 2-lap races. During the free practice people can determine their fuel consumption and tire wear and do what you do in free practice.

I set up a practice event in the Snail Lobby for this weekends event.I did not set it up for a Qualifier,If anyone would want it to be,I could make the change.

I would suggest that he run a 1-hr free practice from 9:30 - 10:30 and then run 2-lap races. During the free practice people can determine their fuel consumption and tire wear and do what you do in free practice.

I would suggest running a race longer than 2 laps (perhaps 4). With only 2 laps you do not get to see how much tire / fuel you are using since a change in tire is required.. so you only go around in 1 lap in each tire.

I logged on last night and there was no Cat & Mouse. That was disappointing. That said, I spent the night practicing for the Holiday Event Race.

How can I get your job?!

Go out there and race regularly, be seen, then get to a point where you're good enough to give advice to others and see if a school owner may need your services. It's all about really wanting to do it.

Those SRF's usually come off track with less bodywork than they started with! Nice to see another racer amongst us, haven't watched the video yet but will definitely check it out. Is it a gen 3 SRF? Can never tell them apart...

Not sure what gen it is. I haven't lost any bodywork on my watch, though I can see that it does want to come out when at speed :P

I didn't like how SS tires felt when low. For me it's more comfortable to stay on SM tires. The overall grip might not be as high but it will stay in a good feeling area for a longer period of time. Playing it safe might pay off while others are struggling on the end of their tires.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS?

View attachment 581427

SO THIS IS WHAT IM THINKING
View attachment 581429
I've always wanted to run this car if I was ever to win a prize A. But seeing as that probably ain't never gonna happen I thought I would set up a room for an hour or so and have some fun. I was thinking tommorow night seeing as there is no practice using the same format. I've done some testing and Twin Ring Motegi East is a good fit. You may be surprised it's quite fun.

So channel your inner Burt Reynolds, roll your "fire chickens" into the garage for paint, oil change and some sport hard tires and I'll meet you on track.

If interested send me a "like" and we'll see how it goes.

I'll be there if you have a room open later. I loved that movie and that car !

So tonight is Holiday event practice right? Same start time as normal Thursday practice? Who's hosting? Since I probably won't be able to make it Sunday, I'm more than happy for a "mock" race tonight :)

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 28, 2016

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. RayzaBlayz -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 85 (83.64 for Prize C)
  2. lllTrick ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. SCHMEDRACER ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. carboneyes -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Wsk96 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Nic-KL ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (103.02 for Prize A)
  2. GTMX-Oscar -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. JCH8r ------------- did not submit a vote
  11. MikeGrove --------- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 87 (94.91 for Prize B)
  2. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. carguynv ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. rkzjb04 ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. GTLehman ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 92 (66.91 for prize purposes only)
  2. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. cliffeden --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. gulfve67 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Audi R8 Race Car '01 (Racing: Medium) at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @socalnatv wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - BMW 2002 Turbo '73 (Comfort: Soft) at Circuito de Madrid / Forward (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Die_Birdy_Die gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Ricky_Blayz so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

I am worried about @zer05ive ,In all the time I have been with SNAIL he has always been there .When ever I had a question or had problems and asked for help he was on it .This is not like him ,I hope and pray erverything is OK with him .I am watching the thread not for the combos ,but more to see the post and know all is well .
Sorry for the foul up, guys. Completely my bad! :banghead:

I'm completely overwhelmed these days, but myself and the family are healthy and happy (other than the four-month-old.. she is a handful! :P). Thank you for the concern though!

Go out there and race regularly, be seen, then get to a point where you're good enough to give advice to others and see if a school owner may need your services. It's all about really wanting to do it.

Not sure what gen it is. I haven't lost any bodywork on my watch, though I can see that it does want to come out when at speed :P
9/10 times the bodywork comes off due to contact with other cars :lol:

Back