◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Buttkicker updates:

So with iRacing and other supported PC SIMS one can utilize SimVibe software. I took advantage of this recently.

Right now I'm using the two BKG2's aka gamer 2's with their factory amps. I had to install another sound card to drive the tactiles aka BKG2's. The software uses telemtry and physics to drive the tactiles. Where as normally they are driven by sound.

This ability to drive them from telemtry and physics really enhances the effects. So much more depth and connection.

Now for what's planned. I got two BK LFE Mini's. Which are the same tactile used in the BKG2. Just different mount. This will get me a tactile at all four corners of my rig. This will all be driven by a 5ch amp which obviously only 4ch will be used. The stock amps are under powered and the "clipping" we are getting from the BKG2 is amp issue not the tactile. So these additions have super excited.

Now you may ask yourself what is he gonna do with those stock amps. Well I've got four Dayton pucks. So plan to use two on each side of my floorboard in my rig. Recess these and run them off the sound side using the stock BKG2's amps. So that will bring my tactile count up to 8 total. :)

I may want to register this rig with the local seismology office. LoL

Anyway I'll be sure to let you guys know how it is after the build is complete.

Other notable additions to the rig. Button Box from Dereck Speare, 7" USB Monitor for iSpeed software. I use an iPad mini now for a virtual dash as well my iPhone 5 for shift lights.

Buttkicker updates:

So with iRacing and other supported PC SIMS one can utilize SimVibe software. I took advantage of this recently.

Right now I'm using the two BKG2's aka gamer 2's with their factory amps. I had to install another sound card to drive the tactiles aka BKG2's. The software uses telemtry and physics to drive the tactiles. Where as normally they are driven by sound.

This ability to drive them from telemtry and physics really enhances the effects. So much more depth and connection.

Now for what's planned. I got two BK LFE Mini's. Which are the same tactile used in the BKG2. Just different mount. This will get me a tactile at all four corners of my rig. This will all be driven by a 5ch amp which obviously only 4ch will be used. The stock amps are under powered and the "clipping" we are getting from the BKG2 is amp issue not the tactile. So these additions have super excited.

Now you may ask yourself what is he gonna do with those stock amps. Well I've got four Dayton pucks. So plan to use two on each side of my floorboard in my rig. Recess these and run them off the sound side using the stock BKG2's amps. So that will bring my tactile count up to 8 total. :)

I may want to register this rig with the local seismology office. LoL

Anyway I'll be sure to let you guys know how it is after the build is complete.

Other notable additions to the rig. Button Box from Dereck Speare, 7" USB Monitor for iSpeed software. I use an iPad mini now for a virtual dash as well my iPhone 5 for shift lights.
Holy cow... We're going to need to see some pics! :drool:

INTEREST CHECK

It's been almost a year since we moved the league to an earlier start time and so it's been almost a year since I've raced on Sunday night. Therefore, I've been kicking around an idea for a new S.N.A.I.L. event that would work with my schedule better. I'm tentatively calling it "Mystic" racing, which is a playful acronym of the two core principles of this potential event - Mystery and Stick Shifting.

Mystery
Simply put, the cars and tracks we race will be a mystery until the event actually begins. This is intended to keep the event casual and impromptu. In fact, I want this series to require absolutely no purchases, no preparation, and no practice. By only using cars listed in GT6's One-Make List (formerly know as the Recommended List in GT5), nobody has to buy any cars or get oil changes. More importantly, everyone will be racing identical cars since tuning of any kind is not possible on cars on the One-Make List (not even on brake balance).

Stick Shifting
This event will be an opportunity for drivers to enjoy the added immersion and realism that comes with banging gears using their H-pattern shifter and clutch. Of the 27 cars in GT6's One-Make List, exactly ten of them have a traditional manual transmission in real life. This number of cars will make is easy for us to randomize which car is selected at the beginning of each event. When instructed, everyone in the lounge will type any number from 0 to 9 into the chat window. We'll add up all the numbers submitted and use the last digit of the total to pick a car from the list below:

1 - Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
2 - Scion FR-S '12
3 - Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
4 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
5 - Subaru BRZ R&D SPORT '12
6 - KTM X-BOW Street '12
7 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
8 - Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
9 - Ford Shelby GT500 '13
0 - Audi quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87

These ten cars represent a pretty good variety of cars. There's a wide range in PP level and all four drivetrain layouts are represented as well. There's even a rally car thrown in there for good measure! As for the track selection, we can just use the in-game voting function or come up with another way to randomize it. Just as long as there's no way for anyone to know which track will be used until it is actually selected.

As you can see, I want to ensure that an absolute minimal amount of time and preparation is required for this event. In fact, I'm planning for each session to only last one hour long from beginning to end! I want anyone with an H-gate and a clutch to be able to participate in this event, even if they're very limited on available free time or are already committed to other racing events during the week.

I was initially planning to have this event on Monday nights at 10pm Eastern. This would be to avoid overlap with our NASCAR series and also allow the event to finish before the PSN's weekly update at 11pm Eastern. However, it appears that our NASCAR series has just moved their start time back by an hour, so it won't be possible to squeeze this event in between that series and the PSN update. No worries though as I'm sure we can find another opening in the schedule. For now, I'd just like to see if there's any interest in this idea and hear any feedback on it as well. :)

Last edited:
That would be pretty cool if I could participate...

Although, seeing a group racing in fast-as-hell French whoosh-mobiles would be fun to watch.

As an ex-fan of Shuffle racing I like the mystery car choice side of your equation. However, for various reasons, I have to use a controller so the stick shifting requirement would preclude me (and probably others) from taking part.

If you were to drop the gearshift requirement you could add to the mystery/variety by including all 27 cars from the recommended list. I know you mightn't get consensus on the night if people were to vote for their car choice from the full list so perhaps you could split the pack in 3 and simply vote from a different bunch of 9 cars each week.

Hmmm, it would seem that my works network settings has started messing with the forum. I can't the forum tobload up right on my work computer. Bastards!
As an ex-fan of Shuffle racing I like the mystery car choice side of your equation. However, for various reasons, I have to use a controller so the stick shifting requirement would preclude me (and probably others) from taking part.

If you were to drop the gearshift requirement you could add to the mystery/variety by including all 27 cars from the recommended list. I know you mightn't get consensus on the night if people were to vote for their car choice from the full list so perhaps you could split the pack in 3 and simply vote from a different bunch of 9 cars each week.
The shifter is one of the key factors of the event man. It would just be My without the stick. And that sounds just a little to much like meh.
@zer05ive I too like the idea, just not the time. Not that a Saturday afternoon would do me well either. Friday night would though.

Last edited:
INTEREST CHECK

It's been almost a year since we moved the league to an earlier start time and so it's been almost a year since I've raced on Sunday night. Therefore, I've been kicking around an idea for a new S.N.A.I.L. event that would work with my schedule better. I'm tentatively calling it "Mystic" racing, which is a playful acronym of the two core principles of this potential event - Mystery and Stick Shifting.

Mystery
Simply put, the cars and tracks we race will be a mystery until the event actually begins. This is intended to keep the event casual and impromptu. In fact, I want this series to require absolutely no purchases, no preparation, and no practice. By only using cars listed in GT6's One-Make List (formerly know as the Recommended List in GT5), nobody has to buy any cars or get oil changes. More importantly, everyone will be racing identical cars since tuning of any kind is not possible on cars on the One-Make List (not even on brake balance).

Stick Shifting
This event will be an opportunity for drivers to enjoy the added immersion and realism that comes with banging gears using their H-pattern shifter and clutch. Of the 27 cars in GT6's One-Make List, exactly ten of them have a traditional manual transmission in real life. This number of cars will make is easy for us to randomize which car is selected at the beginning of each event. When instructed, everyone in the lounge will type any number from 0 to 9 into the chat window. We'll add up all the numbers submitted and use the last digit to pick a car from the list below:

2 - Scion FR-S '12
4 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
6 - KTM X-BOW Street '12

These ten cars represent a pretty good variety of cars. There's a wide range in PP level and all four drivetrain layouts are represented as well. There's even a rally car thrown in there for good measure! As for the track selection, we can just use the in-game voting function or come up with another way to randomize it. Just as long as there's no way for anyone to know which track will be used until it is actually selected.

As you can see, I want to ensure that an absolute minimal amount of time and preparation is required for this event. In fact, I'm planning for each session to only last one hour long from beginning to end! I want anyone with an H-gate and a clutch to be able to participate in this event, even if they're very limited on available free time or are already committed to other racing events during the week.

I was initially planning to have this event on Monday nights at 10pm Eastern. This would be to avoid overlap with our NASCAR series and also allow the event to finish before the PSN's weekly update at 11pm Eastern. However, it appears that our NASCAR series has just moved their start time back by an hour, so it won't be possible to squeeze this event in between that series and the PSN update. No worries though as I'm sure we can find another opening in the schedule. For now, I'd just like to see if there's any interest in this idea and hear any feedback on it as well. :)

I like the concept and the name. Monday nights are definitely out for me. How about Fridays? Saturday afternoons?

^^ It works fine NOVA. Thanks.:cheers:

I'll hit it when I get home today as well - I lost my thumb drive with all my backups somewhere in my house - trying to find another one in my classroom that isn't antiquated & tiny. I may grab one on the way home if needed.

I like the concept and the name. Monday nights are definitely out for me. How about Fridays? Saturday afternoons?

I like the idea of some of the casual ideas on the weekend, can possibly set up some earlier blocks of themed ideas? Could be a way to spread the SNAIL idea - 10 am-11:30 am Sat could be American Steel, Noon - 1:30 4WD Evo/Subaru battles 2-3:30 GT300 4-5:30 Vintage/Small, something. Just grab an idea and set a general time or something... then again, you don't want to schedule something that you can't do regularly... hrm...

INTEREST CHECK

Mystery

Stick Shifting
This event will be an opportunity for drivers to enjoy the added immersion and realism that comes with banging gears using their H-pattern shifter and clutch. Of the 27 cars in GT6's One-Make List, exactly ten of them have a traditional manual transmission in real life. This number of cars will make is easy for us to randomize which car is selected at the beginning of each event. When instructed, everyone in the lounge will type any number from 0 to 9 into the chat window. We'll add up all the numbers submitted and use the last digit to pick a car from the list below:

2 - Scion FR-S '12
4 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
6 - KTM X-BOW Street '12

This sounds really fun, count me in.

Yeah, fair enough. The format just doesn't suit everyone is all I'm saying.
Why not? A usable shifter is only required of the car, I'm sure you won't be disallowed if you don't have a clutch and h-gate.
That being what it is, @zer05ive, maybe you can expand the list some after the first event. Watermelonpunch has a couple of lists of well matched cars, and I am slowly compiling some lists myself. And a lot of us have a grip of anniversary cars collecting dust...

Why not? A usable shifter is only required of the car, I'm sure you won't be disallowed if you don't have a clutch and h-gate.
That being what it is, @zer05ive, maybe you can expand the list some after the first event. Watermelonpunch has a couple of lists of well matched cars, and I am slowly compiling some lists myself. And a lot of us have a grip of anniversary cars collecting dust...

Rally,

I think, per the description, one would be explicitly disallowed for not having the clutch and H-gate.

INTEREST CHECK

Mystery

Stick Shifting

2 - Scion FR-S '12
4 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
6 - KTM X-BOW Street '12

Would automatic transmission be allowed to be used during the Monday night races or manual is required?

I Was Wondering If Anyone Would Be Interested In Doing A Race Or Series Representing The Old Trans-Am Series From The Old Days. I Know There Is A Trans-Am Version Challenger. Not Sure If There Are Other Cars From The Series On GT6 As It Is Just An Idea. I Know They Raced At Leguna Seca Back Then But Not Sure About What Other Tracks Off The Top Of My Head. The Trans-Am Series Was Fun To Watch And Competitive From What I Remember And Have Read. I Think It Would Be Fun And I Love The Cars From That Era. Just An Idea. Would Love To Hear Everyone's Thoughts On This Idea. Pro Or Con.

I Was Wondering If Anyone Would Be Interested In Doing A Race Or Series Representing The Old Trans-Am Series From The Old Days. I Know There Is A Trans-Am Version Challenger. Not Sure If There Are Other Cars From The Series On GT6 As It Is Just An Idea. I Know They Raced At Leguna Seca Back Then But Not Sure About What Other Tracks Off The Top Of My Head. The Trans-Am Series Was Fun To Watch And Competitive From What I Remember And Have Read. I Think It Would Be Fun And I Love The Cars From That Era. Just An Idea. Would Love To Hear Everyone's Thoughts On This Idea. Pro Or Con.

I would love to race the 78 Pontiac Trans-AM

78transam5.jpg

I would love to race the 78 Pontiac Trans-AM

78transam5.jpg
This Car Would Be Fun To Race As Well. I Was Referring To The Racing Series From The Late 60's-Mid 70's. It Was Basically A Series That Consisted Of Race Car Versions Of American V8 Powered Performance/Muscle Cars. The Series Is Where The Pontiac Trans-Am And The Dodge Challenger T/A Get There Name. The Field Consisted Of Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, Firebird T/A's, AMX, Javelins And Other Cars Of That Period. In My Opinion It Was One The Best Racing Series Ever!

Division 3 Festivities at Mt. Panorama Bathurst with the Alpine.

D3 Festivities at Fuji GT with the Lotus Elise

D3 @ Silverstone with the RX-7 TC
This combo proved to be difficult to master but I had a lot of fun with it. Capitalizing on other's mistakes was the easiest way to pass but with the proper breaking and throttle control it was not impossible to set up a pass especially at Hangar Straight.

(having fun with the panning mode)

Merlin, Wolf, Xeno, JWalker, PTslopoke and Klutch @ Silvertone.

DragonWhisky returns to the grid and leads the pack on the last race.

Talk about tight quarters. JWalker, Klutch and PTslopoke were on another level at Silvertone.

Merlin chasing me and PTSlopoke.

Inside pass at the Chicane and it was clean! =D

Xeno's pit crew forgot to paint the number.

JWalker on main focus chasing Klutch and followed by Xeno. Experimenting with panned shot has been very fun and adds motion to still pictures.

Different angle of the same race time; never realized the windows before this shot spelled Silvertone.

MerlinRPM pretty colours at Hangar Straight.

After a few laps the pack is still close together.

PTSlopoke giving chase to Xeno at Hangar straight.

JWalker puts some distance between his wing and Xeno.

Last edited:
Back