◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Was hoping to join last night, but turned on my PS4 and my T300....dead. No power at all. Checked all connections, multiple electrical outlets and hooked the laptop to see about a firmware update but zero power. I’ve ordered a new Thrustmaster base but it won’t be here until the 22nd (Amazon is back ordered right now). Have any of you guys modded one using a laptop power supply to replace the T300 power source? I’ll probably give it a shot once I get my new base since my original is years out of warranty. If you’ve done it and have any helpful hints I’d appreciate the input. It would be good to have a repaired/modded t300 base as a backup. I was thinking of going to Fanatec but since all my steering wheels, pedals, etc. are Thrustmaster I figured it would be better to stick with that brand.

***Update: I was able to repair it using a 19.5 volt/6.7 amp Dell laptop charger and a 3 amp caged fuse in place of the Thrustmaster internal power supply. Took about 90 minutes and just soldering a couple of connections and cutting some (now) redundant wires to prevent a ground loop. Total was about $45 versus $225 for a new T300 base and a long wait for shipping. If you have one that dies don’t toss it, because it’s relatively easy to repair it yourself.***

Last edited:
Wont be around for the next couple weeks but I will be back and better than ever (maybe)...

Gonna run in a series that take place on mondays on the supreme game that is gt sport....its been said and I'm not taking it back...

tenor.gif

I don't really know quite how to respond to this. Leaving us on a Monday night, where we have taken you in, nurtured you, turned you into a better racer, made you a tougher man, all to leave us for Spurt, at a time when we need the support more than ever! Mike and I are going to have to discuss this traitor-ship further :(

tenor.gif

Well, what can I say....... Thank you to my mother in law, my sponsors, Mr. Trump and so many wonderful people doing almost as awesome a job as I did last night. I guess, if one picks the combos you better do well with them..... (hint @yogi bear )
Ok ... here's my pick, group c Nissan or Mercedes at monza historic / next race @ historic lemans. Your choice of car. You can pick either car for either track. (Any Nissan)

Ok ... here's my pick, group c Nissan or Mercedes at monza historic / next race @ historic lemans. Your choice of car. You can pick either car for either track. (Any Nissan)
Are all three Nissan's close in time's, the LM is 50 mph quicker than the other two.
And there are three versions of Monza Historic, which one?

Last edited:
Are all three Nissan's close in time's, the LM is 50 mph quicker than the other two.
And there are three versions of Monza Historic, which one?
The one that looks the closest to modern Monza, (without the banked ovals)
All 3 nissans are close in time at Monza, but not at lemans, for that track you will want either the Mercedes or the LM Nissan. The Mercedes and the LM nissan have higher top speed, but lose in braking and cornering at Monza. But lemans you will need the speed so Mercedes or LM Nissan should be your weapon of choice.

While we wait for Bear to finish the combo work, here's one of my favorite cars from back then. It's even better when you're a rotory engine fan, this car was freak'in awesome. And it's got the best race number to boot!

They were fast but wasn't reliability an issue?
If memory serves me correct I remember fierce battles between the Nissan gtp zx turbo and the Porsche 962.
That said tho it's too bad project cars didn't include it in the line up.
Just like a mclaren m20 would have been a nice competitor against the Porsche 917can am.
Or a uop SHADOW.

Last edited:
The one that looks the closest to modern Monza, (without the banked ovals)
All 3 nissans are close in time at Monza, but not at lemans, for that track you will want either the Mercedes or the LM Nissan. The Mercedes and the LM nissan have higher top speed, but lose in braking and cornering at Monza. But lemans you will need the speed so Mercedes or LM Nissan should be your weapon of choice.

Wait... what?
I'm confused... They're all the same, but they're different? I should choose the Nissan...but not that Nissan. And maybe I really want the Mercedes, or the other Nissan which looks like that Nissan and the first Nissan. They're all the same. Except for the one that's 50mph faster. But that one is painted the same. Is one Mercedes 50 mph faster? One is German and open is Japanese, I need to know which translator to bring so I can read the manuals.
And so can we run the 962 too?
Ferrari doesn't have a Group C car, can I run a 512S instead?

So, I guess it boils down to being like a VGTA combo - do some testing, run what you brung and hope you brung enough.

Wait... what?
I'm confused... They're all the same, but they're different? I should choose the Nissan...but not that Nissan. And maybe I really want the Mercedes, or the other Nissan which looks like that Nissan and the first Nissan. They're all the same. Except for the one that's 50mph faster. But that one is painted the same. Is one Mercedes 50 mph faster? One is German and open is Japanese, I need to know which translator to bring so I can read the manuals.
And so can we run the 962 too?
Ferrari doesn't have a Group C car, can I run a 512S instead?

So, I guess it boils down to being like a VGTA combo - do some testing, run what you brung and hope you brung enough.
There are 3 different nissans, one has better acceleration and braking, one has higher top speed, and one has all around good handling, acceleration and braking. But doesn't excel in any one area. Or you can run the Mercedes, which is a monster, if you can tame it. I was gonna say, performance impacting damage too, to get rid of wall riders. The cool looking Nissan gtp zx is my choice for Monza historic, but it can be beat by the Mercedes if you are brave. ... the same goes for lemans... the LM Nissan has close to the same top speed as the Mercedes LM but is a bit better cornering and braking, but about 5mph slower top end.
It all boils down to your preference to the feel of the car.

There are 3 different nissans, one has better acceleration and braking, one has higher top speed, and one has all around good handling, acceleration and braking. But doesn't excel in any one area. Or you can run the Mercedes, which is a monster, if you can tame it. I was gonna say, performance impacting damage too, to get rid of wall riders. The cool looking Nissan gtp zx is my choice for Monza historic, but it can be beat by the Mercedes if you are brave. ... the same goes for lemans... the LM Nissan has close to the same top speed as the Mercedes LM but is a bit better cornering and braking, but about 5mph slower top end.
It all boils down to your preference to the feel of the car.

That doesn't make it any more clear... :lol::lol::lol: :cheers:

Two cars, two tracks. That’s it, that’s all.

car1.........
Car2.........
Track 1........
Track 2........

lap times would be nice to approximate race distance, but not absolutely necessary.
I think that prairie weed is in play here.

That doesn't make it any more clear... :lol::lol::lol: :cheers:
Ok... I would suggest picking the Mercedes for both races then... historic Monza and historic lemans.
Personally I'm picking the Nissan gtp for Monza, and the Nissan LM. For lemans.
but for the confused... pick the Mercedes for both.. there..is that better?

Two cars, two tracks. That’s it, that’s all.

car1.........
Car2.........
Track 1........
Track 2........

lap times would be nice to approximate race distance, but not absolutely necessary.
I think that prairie weed is in play here.
Lap times at historic lemans for me were 2:54. Average And historic Monza, I forget.
Car 1 Nissan gtp or LM.. car 2 Mercedes LM.. you can run same car for both races if you like.
Simple enough?
If you want to reduce choice to only two... kick the Mercedes out then.

Ok... I would suggest picking the Mercedes for both races then... historic Monza and historic lemans.
Personally I'm picking the Nissan gtp for Monza, and the Nissan LM. For lemans.

Yes.
Which Mercedes?

Ok, I think I have it figured out...I’ve crawled out of the mountain of confusion, put on my psychiatrist hat and dug for the problem affecting the decision making process that is this weeks selections.
Tracks...
Race 1...... historic lemons.
Race two.... historic Monza, (which one of the 3 choices........I don’t know).
Cars....
Nissan GTP or LM, (which one.........I don’t know)
Mercedes Group C LM.....this is the only clear pick for a car .

this is painful, Bear.....ffs, pick two exact cars.........which Nissan......pick 1. The whole point of this is to give Steve and I a break from picking combos and we have spent more time trying to figure out what you want than if we would have just did it ourselves. Are you sure you’re not a Trudeau loving Liberal?

Ok, I think I have it figured out...I’ve crawled out of the mountain of confusion, put on my psychiatrist hat and dug for the problem affecting the decision making process that is this weeks selections.
Tracks...
Race 1...... historic lemons.
Race two.... historic Monza, (which one of the 3 choices........I don’t know).
Cars....
Nissan GTP or LM, (which one.........I don’t know)
Mercedes Group C LM.....this is the only clear pick for a car .

this is painful, Bear.....ffs, pick two exact cars.........which Nissan......pick 1. The whole point of this is to give Steve and I a break from picking combos and we have spent more time trying to figure out what you want than if we would have just did it ourselves. Are you sure you’re not a Trudeau loving Liberal?
Ok... I know it's so hard to choose between 3 cars.. so I'm booting the Mercedes out.
People will have to learn how to drive the Nissans.
Pick either Nissan for either track. Nissan GTP and Nissan LM.
You can drive the same car, or switch. If it's too much choice, just drive the same car.

so I'm booting the Mercedes out.

What???? No Mercedes?? You said,
Ok... I would suggest picking the Mercedes for both races then.

I am confused therefore I should pick the car that is no longer allowed. Makes perfect sense. So, are you sure about which tracks seeing we will no longer be driving the car which is recommended for these tracks? Do you have any other track choices that we will not be driving and do you also have lap times for these other highly recommenced tracks which will not be utilized? Now that we will not be using the desired car and track combo the correct times are invalid which leads to what is the proper amount of fuel for the cars we are no longer going to drive? This is more confusing than trying to figure out which bathroom to use.

images

“NOTICE”

There will be a post early this afternoon announcing the combos for Monday.
We’re going to put Bears “ Suggestions”??? to bed for this week until the dust and confusion has settled. Hopefully by next week we can get time on The CIA’s Cray computer to crunch the code that even the enigma, (look it up Colts), machine couldn’t figure out.
This has certainly been an entertaining week and I hope Bear, my buddy doesn’t take offence to the ribbing. In the immortal words of Alex O’Neil, “I’m just fuggn with ya......ha hahahahahaha” ....wait a minute, I am an offensive person, so why should I care? Lol. Ya fat assed, hard to pass old Grizzly you.

Last edited:
“NOTICE”

There will be a post early this afternoon announcing the combos for Monday.
We’re going to put Bears “ Suggestions”??? to bed for this week until the dust and confusion has settled. Hopefully by next week we can get time on The CIA’s Cray computer to crunch the code that even the enigma, (look it up Colts), machine couldn’t figure out.
This has certainly been an entertaining week and I hope Bear, my buddy doesn’t take offence to the ribbing. In the immortal words of Alex O’Neil, “I’m just fuggn with ya......ha hahahahahaha” ....wait a minute, I am an offensive person, so why should I care? Lol. Ya fat assed, hard to pass old Grizzly you.
Omg.. I cant believe I race with such simpletons... I give 3 choices... aaahhh 3 cars to choose from?... aaaaahhh my heads gonna explode... ok. Two choices then... huh what?.. we can't pick the Mercedes?...
No you can't... the whining was too much to take. Ok then if we can't have the Mercedes we aren't going to race.
Translation.... we are scared bear is going to kick our asses with the lowly Nissan. We will never live it down.
Oh, I wrote this very slowly..... so you don't get confused.... note to self... do not give choices... they can't handle it... you all better go to the bathroom now so you don't **** yourselves. Yes. Right now, no you don't get a choice, go now now!.. and don't forget to wipe your ass and wash your hands....
Oh crap.. that was 3 things for you to remember wasn't it?..

Last edited:
@aerolite @Mike. I would like to join

Welcome to "The Lobanaro Lounge".
We are a group of like minded clean racers who just want a fun night of good race craft and good banter. We are not that serious and not a very politically correct room, so if you don't have a thick skin and can't handle some good natured ribbing, then this might not be the place for you! At the same time, we will not put up with anyone who disrespects another on track, or one who does not follow good race craft protocol. If you would like to join us, post in this thread and tag both myself, Aero, @aerolite and Mike, @Mike Lobban

When:
  • Monday nights at 7:40 pm EDT.

What:

Each week is a clean slate, points will be awarded, but only for bragging rights over the next week.

Each week we will supply a car for each group (A&B), and the track (or tracks) where we will be racing. (report#2)​

Tuning - Yes

Note: Until numbers are back up each week, we will all run in one group. It will be four race night format with some special event nights thrown in.

Format:
  • Two Groups, A & B, each in a different car, racing in one room.​
  • We will run a 4 race night for two weeks, then a 3 race night on the third week.​
    Week 1- Four races, (approx 20 min's), 2 cars from the same or different class, groups switch cars halfway through night, no pitstops.
    Week 2- Four races, (approx 20 min's), 2 cars from the same or different class, groups switch cars halfway through night, no pitstops.
    Week 3-Three races, (approx 30 min's), with pit stops, 3 different cars, each group drives all three cars.​
  • Repeat the cycle.​
  • On the four race nights, if there is only one layout of the track, we will then race at two different tracks.
    On the three race nights, if there is only one layout, then you can expect weather.
    We will also run special event nights every so often.​
  • Lobby opens and invites go out at approx 7:40pm est.​
  • 7:50 to 8:30 – Qualifying for Race 1 (All Qualy's are set to the next race conditions). During this time drivers can join the room.​
  • Race 1 starts immediately following qualy.​

Main Settings:
  • Damage – Visual Only​
  • Mech Failures – OFF​
  • Tire Wear – Authentic (can change depending on track and car)​
  • Fuel – OFF​
  • Penalties - Depends on track.​

On week three, mandatory one pit stop. All cars must start with the weeks announced max litres of fuel, or less if desired. We will be able to tell if anyone has set fuel higher by the extra laps done. Up to you to figure out how much fuel is needed for the rest of the race. Tires should last but there will be some wear, it is up to you if you want to change them or not.

We will start exactly on time, if you can't make it on time please just wait and join for Race 2.

Active/Reserve drivers.
Active drivers have priority to get into the race, up until 8:20 pm on race night.
Any driver who we consider part time will be on the Reserve list and will not get an invite on race night. You will need to let us know, preferably by 7pm on race night, if you want to join and we will send you an invite. List is in Report #4.

• Privacy - Private
    • Event Length - # of laps to equal 20 or 30 min's
    • Maximum Grid Size - 16
    • Max Number of Human Opponents - 15
    • Fill with AI Opponents - No
    • Opponent Skill -n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Opponents all Identical Car - no
    • Car Class - will change
    • Rolling Start - No
    • Practice and Qualifying for race 1 - 40 min's
    • Week 1&2 - 5 min qualy before race's 2&4, 10 min's before race 3
    • Week 3 - 10 min practice before race 2 & 3
    • Mandatory Pit Stop - Yes 1 stop - week 3
Conditions

• Not known until race night
Restrictions

• Force Interior View - No
    • Force Manual Gears - No
    • Force Realistic Driving Aids -YES
    • Force Default Setups - No
    • Allow ABS - n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Allow Stability Control -n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Allow Traction Control -n/a (this entry has no effect)

• Damage - Visual
    • Mechanical Failures - No
    • Tire Wear - Real
    • Fuel Usage - Real
    • Auto Start Engine - Yes
    • Flags and Penalties - Yes
    • Allow Ghosted Vehicles - NO

Stand by Hagen, we have a bit of drama to deal with....

Bear, all we asked is for you to pick two cars and two tracks........that’s it that’s all. Instead we got, well the Nissan’s, not sure which one, but you know......and maybe a Mercedes, not sure about that. Race at Monza historic, there’s three versions....you guys pick. The whole point of letting you pick a combo is to pick a fracking combo, not just throw vague suggestions and let us try and figure out what you mean. Don’t worry, we’ll straighten it out before next week.

Wreckfest tonight......

@Guy Hagan
Hello Guy, please send me PSN aeroliteflight and Mike PSN Lobbanmike friend requests so we can send you an invite on race night. I'm assuming you have read post #1, but just to warn you, there can be some crazy **** talk some night's, lol. A good majority of us are what we call BOB's, see my signature for what that means. So just ignore most of what you hear or read, lol.
Welcome to the lounge, :cheers:

@yogi bear
Bear, this was what we really just wanted to see, like I post each week.

Cars:
1989 Nissan R89 C LM
1989 Sauber C9 Mercedes-Benz

Tracks:
LeMans Vintage
Monza GP Classic

Race each car twice, (however you want to do it), or specify we all race one car at both tracks, and the next car at both tracks. Plus times.
This avoids any confusion.

Will run whatever gets sorted out on May 25th.

Last edited:
Back