◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
:gtpflag: Cars and Tracks for May 18th, 2020 :gtpflag:

It's been quite awhile since we have raced any GT3 cars, plus we haven't raced these two before.
Race whichever car you want in what order and track, but you must drive each car twice, like we have done the last couple of weeks.

img_1566-jpg.920918

img_1565-jpg.920917

img_1568-jpg.920920

img_1567-jpg.920919

Last edited:
Stand by Hagen, we have a bit of drama to deal with....

Bear, all we asked is for you to pick two cars and two tracks........that’s it that’s all. Instead we got, well the Nissan’s, not sure which one, but you know......and maybe a Mercedes, not sure about that. Race at Monza historic, there’s three versions....you guys pick. The whole point of letting you pick a combo is to pick a fracking combo, not just throw vague suggestions and let us try and figure out what you mean. Don’t worry, we’ll straighten it out before next week.

Wreckfest tonight......
I did pick two.. NISSAN GTP.....NISSAN LM... Monza historic. Lemans historic. Two tracks two cars.
I did not say you guys pick which version of Monza historic. I specifically said the one without..... without the oval... that's no oval included in the track. Not you guys pick.
Also I did not say maybe the Mercedes... I had included it as an alternative to anyone not wanting to race the Nissan.
I just wanted everyone to have an opportunity to be competitive.. I heard before about my pick on vintage cars... these cars blow, holy crap it won't stop, where's the anti lock brakes?
For godsakes is there no traction control!? So for those with less skill, I was giving the option of compensating with the Mercedes.
So throw the group C out the window, no one will like it anyway. My pick will be the gto trans am mustang. Period!.
Full damage. Road America. And Monza.
No other car, because the other cars in the class are not equal.
There simple is what you want, you got it.
Or just disregard completely. I don't give two hoots, I've had a ****** day and this was the straw.

Last edited:
Jeez Bear, slow down. Go back to the start of this clusterfug and see that others were confused as well. All we wanted from the start was a pick of two cars and two tracks. Three days later and a ton of “what?”you finally give us what we needed....... two cars and two tracks. It’s not a big deal to move it back a week, we have the technology. It’s not just me Man, I’m smoking the weed that makes me smrt.
Just know we love ya Bear and we hate seeing you pissed off. Consider this episode of The Lobanaro Files closed and buried in the archives beside the arc of the covenant from Raiders, never to see the light of day again.

anyone else want to pick a combo???
Nah, didn’t think so.

What a great night - certainly the most fun I've ever had racing GT3s. I think everyone got to enjoy some good racing. Congrats to @coltsjugg for being Mr. Awesome.
Here's my feed. At 1:40 there's a cool scene where Bear, Lobbie and I do some formation flying culminating with a fleur de lis!
Absolutely a night of quality over quantity. Great to see you again @GUTTERBOY3007 - thanks for not laughing me off the track...

Are we doing the Nissans Monday then?

For next week, I propose Assetto Corsa
GTOs at Mugello and Imola
2 races in the 288 GTO
2 races in the 250 GTO

:gtpflag: Cars and Tracks for May 25th, 2020 :gtpflag:

Here is @yogi bear's combo, thanks Bear.
Two 50 minute races. Will need to pit. Bear will get me the starting fuel amount's and they will be in the chart on Monday.

img_1539-jpg.922972

AT

img_1543-jpg.922974

img_1538-jpg.922971

AT

img_1542-jpg.922973

..... say again, where are you getting your fuel numbers from....?? and then we have to base our pit strategy on that?

@aerolite

:sly::sly:
As this is @yogi bear's combo, I am waiting on him to figure out the fuel numbers and one of the tracks lap times. I will not be racing this Monday so I'm not planning on firing up PCars.

..... say again, where are you getting your fuel numbers from....?? and then we have to base our pit strategy on that?

@aerolite

:sly::sly:
I believe they use roughly, 7-8 liters per lap... 120 liters will not get you to the end of the race.
You may want to change your tires at the same time. At Monza at least.. the high speed corners really scrub em up. Lemans, not so much, unless you continually lock them up. But you will have plenty of time for tire change while fueling.
I have set ups for each car, for those that want them.
Ok, I did a few quick laps at Monza classic... it looks like 1:22s for lap times.

Last edited:
I believe they use roughly, 7-8 liters per lap... 120 liters will not get you to the end of the race.
You may want to change your tires at the same time. At Monza at least.. the high speed corners really scrub em up. Lemans, not so much, unless you continually lock them up. But you will have plenty of time for tire change while fueling.
I have set ups for each car, for those that want them.
Ok, I did a few quick laps at Monza classic... it looks like 1:22s for lap times.

Any chance of doing accelerated time and making some of it night?

Since dad won’t be here this week, I have control. You want day to night......you got it. Easy peasy.
Do these cars have lights?

Lights? Really? You think they ran these cars with lights in real life? Lights are considered an assissy. This is a real mans race, and with these old cars, the only light you'll get is from you hanging your cigarette out the window. Grow a pair lady man.

Lights? Really? You think they ran these cars with lights in real life? Lights are considered an assissy. This is a real mans race, and with these old cars, the only light you'll get is from you hanging your cigarette out the window. Grow a pair lady man.
Don't forget your cork helmet and silk racing scarf. A pipe is acceptable for the refined but manly man.

So going to try to make it for this. Some of you may have noticed in the national news that my surrounding area has been hit pretty hard with rain, failing dams, floods, etc. Yup that’s all up in my community. Wife and I are extremely fortunate to be in a dry(ish) area, but I’m cutting grass every three days and my poor sump pump is working it’s butt off. Had to help two friends completely empty their basements. Water up to the floor joists in one :ouch:. I’m going to mow the lawn and try to join you guys on time. Hope to see y’all.

So going to try to make it for this. Some of you may have noticed in the national news that my surrounding area has been hit pretty hard with rain, failing dams, floods, etc. Yup that’s all up in my community. Wife and I are extremely fortunate to be in a dry(ish) area, but I’m cutting grass every three days and my poor sump pump is working it’s butt off. Had to help two friends completely empty their basements. Water up to the floor joists in one :ouch:. I’m going to mow the lawn and try to join you guys on time. Hope to see y’all.
Glad your high and dry, I didn't know about the flooding. I stopped watching the national news as the CBC just can't help pumping out Trudeaus propaganda. I can't stand the sight of him, if his voice comes on the radio I switch stations. I have to manage my blood pressure....

:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

Hope you guys have a good race night and behave without dad there :D

I'm not sure what Bear has in mind for starting fuel numbers or what you will do, the cars won't go the distance so you'll need to pit unless Mike turns off fuel depletion. I guess you will have to wait until in you are in the room to find that out.

@Rednose58 Hey Red, can you fill out the score sheet for me please and thanks :cheers:

wk158-jpg.923911

@Mike Lobban
@CB_racer
@coltsjugg
@Gr8_Lakes
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@Rednose58
@SGETI
@sgohsixthree
@yogi bear

I'll do the scoring

I'd say leave the pit strategies open to everybody.

Here are some inputs to take into consideration:
  • The Turbo at Monza is running at about 2.9 MPG and the LM at Le Mans is running at about 3.13 MPG (I have to leave something for the imagination)
  • Both cars need more than a tank to run the full distance. Looks like somewhere between 170-190 liters total depending on the Combo. The tanks hold 120 liters in each car.
  • Hint... hint.... tires and fuel goes on/in at the same time.
  • Tire change takes about 10 seconds and fuel goes in at 2.5 - 2.7 liters per second. So, every time you need to put more than 25 liters in you can have a "free" tire change.
  • Interesting trivia: The slower car at Monza maintains a higher average speed (~190 MPH) around the track than the faster car at Le Mans (~172 MPH). That's partly the reason for having a higher consumption rate (aerodynamics also plays a role)
@aerolite and @Mike Lobban

I'll do the scoring

I'd say leave the pit strategies open to everybody.

Here are some inputs to take into consideration:
  • The Turbo at Monza is running at about 2.9 MPG and the LM at Le Mans is running at about 3.13 MPG (I have to leave something for the imagination)
  • Both cars need more than a tank to run the full distance. Looks like somewhere between 170-190 liters total depending on the Combo. The tanks hold 120 liters in each car.
  • Hint... hint.... tires and fuel goes on/in at the same time.
  • Tire change takes about 10 seconds and fuel goes in at 2.5 - 2.7 liters per second. So, every time you need to put more than 25 liters in you can have a "free" tire change.
  • Interesting trivia: The slower car at Monza maintains a higher average speed (~190 MPH) around the track than the faster car at Le Mans (~172 MPH). That's partly the reason for having a higher consumption rate (aerodynamics also plays a role)
@aerolite and @Mike Lobban
Yep, I said they are gas hogs. Red you are much better at the details. And you are right about the Nissan gtp maintaining a higher average speed, that's why I chose it for that track. But it will get its ass kicked at lemans.
Also I thought I mentioned get the tires changed when you stop for fuel.
I invited a guy from sixx gun johnnies league, his name is dragon. I warned him that it can get pretty crude in the bobs room, so we will see if he shows. He's a clean racer tho.

Back