◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Fun night, thanks guys. As crazy as things have been for me, I was just happy to get in the room on time to race. Performance was lacking, but I still kicked Mike's azz!!! :lol: Well, maybe in points, but we know who was ahead of who when Mike disqualified... TWICE?!!! :lol: OMG, I can't help myself. I was just getting a handle on the car and the night was over. Hopefully I'll be back soon. But man, things have been friggin' crazy at the Gr8_Lakes house. Hopefully things calm down and I can enjoy everybody's company again soon. Had a blast, and missed you Steve. Tell the Mrs. I said Happy Birthday. :sly:

:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

I hope you guys had fun and were able to get some close racing in. I see you didn't let Bear dominate the night, :D
I tuned into Mike's broadcast during the second race, just briefly enough to send him distracting messages and then watch him get DQ'd, lol.
Thanks for doing the scores for me Red.

Congrats to @Rednose58, this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the overall win :cheers:

wk158-may-25th-2020-results-jpg.924277

I hope you guys had fun and were able to get some close racing in. I see you didn't let Bear dominate the night, :D
I tuned into Mike's broadcast during the second race, just briefly enough to send him distracting messages and then watch him get DQ'd, lol.
Thanks for doing the scores for me Red.

wk158-may-25th-2020-results-jpg.924277
That's what I get for sharing my tune.... lol. I'd have had sgeti in the first race but he ran me into the guard rail right before the finish line... bad form... lol. Red had his own tune and apparently it was superior to mine.
But who am I kidding he'd have still beat us with the tune I sent everyone.
I was hoping that with all using the same tune, it would be like the road race of champions and we'd have had really close racing.. might have happened with more practice time as I noticed guys were getting faster and faster as the race went on.
Perhaps next race shared tune would be something to think about.
Kudos to dragon, he gave as good as he got. Both on the track and in the trash talk. Good clean driver, and witty as well. He fit right in with the bobs.

That's what I get for sharing my tune.... lol. I'd have had sgeti in the first race but he ran me into the guard rail right before the finish line... bad form... lol. Red had his own tune and apparently it was superior to mine.
But who am I kidding he'd have still beat us with the tune I sent everyone.
I was hoping that with all using the same tune, it would be like the road race of champions and we'd have had really close racing.. might have happened with more practice time as I noticed guys were getting faster and faster as the race went on.
Perhaps next race shared tune would be something to think about.
Kudos to dragon, he gave as good as he got. Both on the track and in the trash talk. Good clean driver, and witty as well. He fit right in with the bobs.
Thanks for the tune Bear!
I really enjoyed these cars, just could not get the starts correct though. Apologies to @coltsjugg for bopping into you on the first start - not sure how much it affected you.
The slow transition to night was really cool. It made it a real challenge in such a long race - the last few laps there was at least one time where I forgot where I was on the track.

Well, Mr Awwesome has some splaining to do.....

First race I used @yogi bear tune and it was an awesome tune. I was caught up in a major incident at the parabolica on Lap 1 followed by a few minor off-track excursions on the next two laps. Then I settled in for the chase with 23 seconds to make up. With the gap around 10-12 seconds @SGETI and @coltsjugg were starting to battle in close combat and it didn't take too long for the gap to come down to 4 seconds. Then.... Sgeti and Colts took each other out and I squeezed through a very narrow gap in the wreckage on the parabolica.

Second race I was waiting in the pits for Bear's tune, but he couldn't find it initially. So, I loaded my own tune and made adjustments from what I have seen from Bear's Monza tune (took even more downforce off, closed more radiator, increased tire pressure). That gave me the extra needed 5 MPH I was missing on the Mulsanne straight. So, even though it was my own tune, I have to give some credit to Bear for influencing my adjustments. The suspension was standard, so there was potential time left to gain in the corners.

....and Classic Le Mans is one of my favorite tracks...

In the mean time I will be basking in the sunshine of awesomeness for a week
upload_2020-5-26_12-29-29.png

That's what I get for sharing my tune.... lol. I'd have had sgeti in the first race but he ran me into the guard rail right before the finish line.

I can 100% not disagree with the final outcome of the last turn in race one with @yogi bear , however the path in which we followed to the outcome has alternative facts. Is there a possibility, which everyone knows does not exist, I "ran" him into the guard rail, of course there is no proof, only so called proof is fabricated by the fake media and how do I know there is no proof of such a fake claim, that is the story i keep hearing. Just wait, surely someone will be posting some deep fake video of the last turn to try and manipulate your thoughts. Don't believe what you see or hear, I have been told over and over again you have to keep an eye out for those crazy Canucks. especially the ones from the west, no one disagrees they are the worst. Unlike their truthful leader who is doing a fantastic job, fantastic job, but of course not as good as ours, so I am told.

Again I can not 100% disagree with the outcome. “ran him” into the wall ?? I prefer the correct analogy, “pinched him “ . @yogi bear had the run coming out of the last turn. My idea was to leave a small opening on the outside, make him think of going for the small ever evaporating hole of passing opportunity, which he did, then slowly continue my line moving to the outside towards the guard rail and wait until he realized he was not going to fit, surely he would back off and ……………… well that was the ending I had planned.

The funny thing is I thought it was colts. :lol::lol::lol: Who I had an amazing few laps with earlier, close clean racing.

My intention was and never is to race dirty or take anyone out on purpose. To bear I am more than likely seen as a white rabbit, which he will keep chained up inside his mind and wait until the opportunity arises when he will surely use me to wipe his azz. :bowdown::cheers:

Last edited:
I can 100% not disagree with the final outcome of the last turn in race one with @yogi bear , however the path in which we followed to the outcome has alternative facts. Is there a possibility, which everyone knows does not exist, I "ran" him into the guard rail, of course there is no proof, only so called proof is fabricated by the fake media and how do I know there is no proof of such a fake claim, that is the story i keep hearing. Just wait, surely someone will be posting some deep fake video of the last turn to try and manipulate your thoughts. Don't believe what you see or hear, I have been told over and over again you have to keep an eye out for those crazy Canucks. especially the ones from the west, no one disagrees they are the worst. Unlike their truthful leader who is doing a fantastic job, fantastic job, but of course not as good as ours, so I am told.

Again I can not 100% disagree with the outcome. “ran him” into the wall ?? I prefer the correct analogy, “pinched him “ . @yogi bear had the run coming out of the last turn. My idea was to leave a small opening on the outside, make him think of going for the small ever evaporating hole of passing opportunity, which he did, then slowly continue my line moving to the outside towards the guard rail and wait until he realized he was not going to fit, surely he would back off and ……………… well that was the ending I had planned.

The funny thing is I thought it was colts. :lol::lol::lol: Who I had an amazing few laps with earlier, close clean racing.

My intention was and never is to race dirty or take anyone out on purpose. To bear I am more than likely seen as a white rabbit, which he will keep chained up inside his mind and wait until the opportunity arises when he will surely use me to wipe his azz. :bowdown::cheers:
All I saw at first was word salad... until I got to the part truthful leader, doing a fantastic job??...
AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAh boom!!,
Dam... my head exploded!... arrggg turd boy being referred to as truthful, and doing a good job...
I can forgive you running me into the barrier, .. but never, ever ever, refer to that bag of kaka, as truthful.
Not even in jest. If he ever ventures into Saskatchewan again, he will not survive. We polled as the top Trudeau haters in the world. 79% ...we are number one. And that poll was taken in 2019.
I'm sure it would be 98% if taken again.

Ys know, we hsven't done VGTAs or FRs in a while...
Mike and I won't be testing until later on this afternoon. If you have an idea for a combo, go for it, if we don't have to test today, so much the better! Send us a pm.

Mike and I won't be testing until later on this afternoon. If you have an idea for a combo, go for it, if we don't have to test today, so much the better! Send us a pm.
I probably won't send until this evening, but OK, will do.

:gtpflag: Cars and Tracks for June 1st, 2020 :gtpflag:

We will be running a combo submitted by @GTLehman
Thanks Shaun :cheers:

Cars:
Ford 1600 Racing
SMS Formula Rookie

Tracks:
Dubai Club (Autumn)
Donnington Nat’l (Autumn)

Last edited:
:gtpflag: Cars and Tracks for June 1st, 2020 :gtpflag:

We will be running a combo submitted by @GTLehman
Thanks Shaun :cheers:

Cars:
Ford 1600 Racing
SMS Formula Rookie

Tracks:
Dubai Club (Autumn)
Donnington Short (Autumn)

Same drill as normal lately: Can run either car during any race but must run each car twice. During testing the lap times came out within a second or so on both tracks. Your mileage may vary, but will hopefully make for some fun and interesting racing.

Annnnd... might be late or have to miss tonight...:nervous: If I do, enjoy, should be a great time.
Did I not specifically ask you if you were going to make the entire night? Bad boy, go to your room! :mad:
.:lol: No worries, I'm sure you have a better excuse than Jeff's usual lame ones! :D Will suck that you might miss your own combo though!

There actually is a chance I might miss out tonight, or have to bail. I'm borrowing my neighbors excavator and he was supposed to bring it over yesterday but it needs coolant. So he's getting some today and might bring the machine over after work tonight.

Good combo choice @GTLehman, too bad you had to miss it. The top four stayed serious and sounded like there was some good racing, though I did see Red running away from the pack a couple of times, being Mr. Awesome again!
The rest of us, well I'm not sure we weren't confusing last night with Friday nights, but I blame it all on Spiffy being back with us for the night! :lol:

wk159-june-1st-2020-results-jpg.926755

Great combos! Cars so different, yet so close in competition.

Dunno what happened with the Rookie in Dubai.... It was on rails and refused to come off it no matter how hard I tried. Must have been a glitch.... remember Rouen Les Farts in the wet.....

The other three races - always someone in my neck or in front, making me sweat - at least it was a good kind of sweat.

... but then, what happened at the end of Race 1? - I got a lot of "free" points there, which is a bit of a taint on my awesomeness tbh.

All in all it is not all about me. I'm glad that spiff could join us, Steve was as high as Burj Khalifa himself, Colts discovered the sun and the secrets of spray nozzles, Lobban cut corners like a bank robber in a high speed chase and everybody else laughed their asses off.

Until next week then...

Red got that right. Fun night of not racing, that’s for sure. I’m almost embarrassed at how much I sucked.....every race...in my favorite cars. The shame....the shame. It was fun toying with Aerobuzzed in the last race though. Me and Sgeti were messing with him all race.

One biatch about the tomfoolery for us losers. If we’re dikin around, we must be aware of the red dot leaders lapping us. Just because we suck, we shouldn’t screw up the leaders race.

Dunno what happened with the Rookie in Dubai.... It was on rails and refused to come off it no matter how hard I tried. Must have been a glitch.... remember Rouen Les Farts in the wet.....

The other three races - always someone in my neck or in front, making me sweat - at least it was a good kind of sweat.

... but then, what happened at the end of Race 1? - I got a lot of "free" points there, which is a bit of a taint on my awesomeness tbh.

All in all it is not all about me. I'm glad that spiff could join us, Steve was as high as Burj Khalifa himself, Colts discovered the sun and the secrets of spray nozzles, Lobban cut corners like a bank robber in a high speed chase and everybody else laughed their asses off.

Until next week then...

Nice - I sure wish I could have been there, but I'm glad that it worked out to be such a great combo! Congrats Red!
Today is the last of my seven days off and is supposed to be rainy and crummy, so yesterday was the last day to take the boat out for a dive. Too many damn hobbies!

Excuses... yeah, I always seem to have one. This week, well, it was a lame excuse, so :P.

In all seriousness, I'd much rather be racing with you guys every Monday. This friggin' quarantine crap has turned our house upside down and inside out. At least two days a week my wife's not speaking to me (my best days of the week to be honest). For some reason she's lazier than ever, and I can't stand to let stuff go undone, so I'm doing way more housework -- on top of yard work that is like a friggin' jungle in Michigan this year! So I bitch at her about that, then she doesn't speak to me for a couple days, rinse, recycle. Under normal circumstances I'd grab Junior and hit the road for a couple days, but we just can't go anywhere yet (Michigan restrictions are letting up this week finally though).

I hope you married men are doing okay with your living situations. I think having a twelve year old son is very challenging right now. He's bored, kinda depressed at all the stuff he's missing out on, and we're at our wit's end trying to educate and entertain him. On top of that, everyone is in everyone's face all day, every day. My wife and I have always been very independent and trusting spouses. We weren't cut out for this on top of each other, every night crap. So believe it or not, that's actually got me sim-racing a lot less than normal. That's just it, nothing's normal. Someday...

Last edited:

Until next week then...
Once in a while the bear pulls a rabbit out of a hat, race 2... 1st place in front of red???... and it wasn't even his set up.

Back