◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
@aerolite @Mike Lobban Hey, I'm new here but not new to Project CARS. I've been playing since the first one came out and love this game. I am interested in joining your league as its very damn hard to find a lobby with people that know how to drive and don't quit halfway through the first lap. Please let me know what I need to do. I am on PS4 and my PSN name is cudirage13.

Sorry to say this David but I hear you ask in almost every room we are ever in.......in the real world I know for a fact that it makes a difference in how much the car weighs with a full fuel load to a lower fuel load. It also makes a difference in how some cars handle....a full tank can make some handle better and make some handle worse.....same thing for a lighter fuel load.

On this game however......whether you have 150 litres or 1 litre........its not going to make a difference in how fast the car goes or your lap time
Don't be sorry to say Camel. I ask because I want to know more about whatever I'm asking about. And yeah my thinking was the less fuel the faster because of the less load to pull but I guess it all depends as you say. I appreciate the info bro.

@aerolite @Mike Lobban Hey, I'm new here but not new to Project CARS. I've been playing since the first one came out and love this game. I am interested in joining your league as its very damn hard to find a lobby with people that know how to drive and don't quit halfway through the first lap. Please let me know what I need to do. I am on PS4 and my PSN name is cudirage13.
Thanks for your interest in our Lounge of lizards. As you can see, we are a full lobby with a seniority system for our reserve drivers. You would be #6 on the list of reserves which makes it doubtful that there would be a spot for you most weeks. I will gladly add you to that list if you still want it.

Hi Gencoupe, welcome to the Lounge. Please make sure you read through the first few posts on page 1, if you haven’t already. We will start you off in Group B.
As stated in the first post, we are serious racers who try our best to be clean and fair. You are expected to know and understand proper racecraft, taking someone out and not waiting or giving the spot back for example is frowned upon, just like rage quitting ect. At the same time we are a political incorrect room and some foul language might be heard now and again! Some of us are good friends and can be quite hard on one another, but it’s all in fun, we’ll except maybe for me and Slobban!
Unfortunately I won’t be there to help welcome you but the others will make you feel at home right away. Have some fun and I hope this is the place that you have been looking for. :cheers:

I see Mike got a reply in before I finished mine.
I need to discuss the reserve list with him and we will update.

Welcome to "The Lobanaro Lounge".
We are a group of like minded clean racers who just want a fun night of good race craft and good banter. We are not that serious and not a very politically correct room, so if you don't have a thick skin and can't handle some good natured ribbing, then this might not be the place for you! At the same time, we will not put up with anyone who disrespects another on track, or one who does not follow good race craft protocol. If you would like to join us, post in this thread and tag both myself, Aero, @aerolite and Mike, @Mike Lobban .

When:
  • Monday nights at 8 pm EDT.

What:

Each week is a clean slate, points will be awarded, but only for bragging rights over the next week.

Each week we will supply a car for each group (A&B), and the track where we will be racing. (report#2)

Every once in a while we will run a different format just to change things up.​

Tuning - Yes

Format:
  • Two Groups, A & B, each in a different car, racing in one room.​
  • Three 30 minute races.​
  • Lobby opens at 8pm est. (invites go out at 7:45)​
  • 8:00 to 8:45 – Qualifying for Race 1 (All Qualy's are set to the following race conditions).​
  • Race 1 (8:45) – 30 minutes - Standing start, grid set from Qualy.​
  • 10 min Qualy for Race 2​
  • Race 2 – 30 minutes – Standing start, grid set from Qualy.​
  • 10 min Qualy for Race 3​
  • Race 3 – 30 minutes – Standing start, grid set from Qualy.​
Main Settings:
  • Damage – Visual Only​
  • Mech Failures – OFF​
  • Tire Wear – Authentic (can change depending on track and car)​
  • Fuel – Real​
  • Penalties - ON​

Mandatory one pit stop. All cars must start with the weeks announced max litres of fuel, or less if desired, (this will change each week). We will be able to tell if anyone has set fuel higher by the extra laps done. Up to you to figure out how much fuel is needed for the rest of the race. Tires should last but there will be some wear, it is up to you if you want to change them or not.

We will start exactly on time, if you can't make it on time please just wait and join for Race 2.

Active/Reserve drivers.
Active drivers have priority to get into the race, up until 8:30 pm on race night.
Any driver who we consider part time will be on the Reserve list and will not get an invite on race night. You will need to let us know, preferably by 7pm on race night, if you want to join and we will send you an invite. List is in Report #4.

• Privacy - Private
    • Event Length - # of laps to equal 30 min's
    • Maximum Grid Size - 16
    • Max Number of Human Opponents - 15
    • Fill with AI Opponents - No
    • Opponent Skill -n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Opponents all Identical Car - Yes
    • Car Class - Same
    • Rolling Start - No
    • Practice and Qualifying for race 1 - 45min
    • 10 min practice before race 2 & 3
    • Mandatory Pit Stop - Yes 1 stop
Conditions

• Not known until race night
Restrictions

• Force Interior View - No
    • Force Manual Gears - No
    • Force Realistic Driving Aids -YES
    • Force Default Setups - No
    • Allow ABS - n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Allow Stability Control -n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Allow Traction Control -n/a (this entry has no effect)

• Damage - Visual
    • Mechanical Failures - No
    • Tire Wear - Real
    • Fuel Usage - Real
    • Auto Start Engine - Yes
    • Flags and Penalties - Yes
    • Allow Ghosted Vehicles - NO

@aerolite and @Mike Lobban
Yeah sign me up! Yeah baby!

Looks like as the summer heat is trying to hang on with a few scorchers up here in Canada, the Lounge is getting popular. We can only expect to get more interest as the work season approaches. Here is a suggestion.....

If the reserve list grows to 10+ people we keep the seniority list. People on the top of that list will race in the Lobanaro VIP Lounge. Still keep the A/B drivers there. (Mike and Aero will remain lifetime members of course).

If there are enough interest on a specific night, then one of the drivers on the reserve list can open a separate lobby for the rest of the drivers, with duplicate settings and conditions. We can call that lobby the Lobanaro Suckers Lounge. They are also A/B drivers. They can also keep score and be Sucking Aawesome and Sucking Baawesome. Then, we don't have to be afraid to grow to two rooms.

The point is that some of the guys on the reserve list may test the combos and look forward and hope for a spot and then it is not there. A second room with like minded people and duplicate conditions and settings will still beat an open lobby where you don't know what you are getting into. We just need someone on the reserve list to be willing to get the info from Lobban and open the room and sent the invites.

If the numbers are consistent in the 25-30 range, then some bad actors might be kicked out of the VIP lounge to serve a penalty and go suck in the suckers lounge for a week or two of probation before being allowed back in the VIP lounge.

Just an idea with pros and cons......

Looks like as the summer heat is trying to hang on with a few scorchers up here in Canada, the Lounge is getting popular. We can only expect to get more interest as the work season approaches. Here is a suggestion.....

If the reserve list grows to 10+ people we keep the seniority list. People on the top of that list will race in the Lobanaro VIP Lounge. Still keep the A/B drivers there. (Mike and Aero will remain lifetime members of course).

If there are enough interest on a specific night, then one of the drivers on the reserve list can open a separate lobby for the rest of the drivers, with duplicate settings and conditions. We can call that lobby the Lobanaro Suckers Lounge. They are also A/B drivers. They can also keep score and be Sucking Aawesome and Sucking Baawesome. Then, we don't have to be afraid to grow to two rooms.

The point is that some of the guys on the reserve list may test the combos and look forward and hope for a spot and then it is not there. A second room with like minded people and duplicate conditions and settings will still beat an open lobby where you don't know what you are getting into. We just need someone on the reserve list to be willing to get the info from Lobban and open the room and sent the invites.

If the numbers are consistent in the 25-30 range, then some bad actors might be kicked out of the VIP lounge to serve a penalty and go suck in the suckers lounge for a week or two of probation before being allowed back in the VIP lounge.

Rednose is a solutions provider. :cheers:
How did someone so smart get into [and stay] with the likes of all you BoBs :grumpy: and wankers :eek:?
Disclaimer: Any disrespect in this post was necessarily the opinion of rkzjb04 and was thereto, thereby & therefore intended.
:lol:

I would like to be on the reserve list also i will host a room all someo
Group placements, Active drivers.

Group A

@CB_racer
@Alex ONeill
@coltsjugg
@dret7277
@Rednose58
@SGETI
@2pfspiff
@The__Camel
@Xradkins
@yogi bear

Group B
@Mike Lobban
@bigtimedave
@davidt33
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@Rob Brown
@Rvgracer
@sgohsixthree

Active/Reserve drivers.

We now have the Reserve list, which you will be on if we don't consider you full time. If you are on this list and want to race on any given week, please let us know before 7pm race day, or you will not get an invite.
Any active driver has preference up until 8:30 pm. A reserve driver who has requested to drive that week will get invite at the regular time and can start like everybody else. But if the room fills up before 8:30 and an active driver is trying to get in, then the reserve driver will have to leave. If there is more than one reserve driver, then whoever requested last to race that week will be the first one asked to leave.

Active drivers.
@Mike Lobban
@Alex ONeill
@bigtimedave
@CB_racer
@coltsjugg
@davidt33
@dret7277
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@Rednose58
@Rob Brown
@Rvgracer
@SGETI
@2pfspiff
@sgohsixthree
@The__Camel
@Xradkins
@yogi bear

Reserve Drivers.
@aerolite
@Gr8_Lakes
@RobbiefromBC
@SAMHAIN85
@Zii1993
I would lile to join u guys also. Can u put me as a reserve please. I will host a room if u would like also just need all the info

Last edited:
Howdy fellas. How about I jump onto the reserve list for now? I see there are people wanting to race in the experience that is the LOBANARO Lounge, so I’m ok with bowing out. I’m booked up for a couple of Monday nights that are coming up, plus I haven’t really been on my PS4 that much lately. If you see me online on a Monday night and there are spots available (and no one else is waiting to get an invite) hit me up. I’d love to drive around as a rolling chicane and make smartass comments.

And @bear, I dedicated the mini fridge in the game room in your honor. Porsche 917 livery, just for you.

@David: I sent you a PM with info on how to set up your ButtKicker Gamer 2.

75FAE7EC-3C1A-400B-91E7-A74B1479E4E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Well it looks like Mike and I have some more discussing to do about the numbers here. We did put “Full” in the title a few months ago to discourage others requesting to join. We are flattered by the interest, but our objective has been to stay small (as in one room), to keep the ambiance of the Lobanaro Lounge the way it is. We tried a second room awhile back which Mike and I were not in and the guys did not like it much, saying it was just like any other quiet serious room. We have created a different environment to race in that reflects the slightly demented attitude that Mike and I have brought to the league, and racing with quite a few old friends that we knew would fit in. This is what I think makes it different, along with our layout. I’ve been gone for 7 weeks tonight, maybe I’m thinking wrong and all is the same without me there partnering Mike. I like to think that I’ll be back in my rig by Oct but I just don’t know.
Anyways, Mike and I will have to figure out something.
@sgohsixthree Shaun, when using discord going through your twitch feed, can I chat with the room without actually having to join the lobby? I won’t be able to try it tonight as I’m waiting for a cable adapter so I can plug my headset and mic into phone or iPad.

@sgohsixthree Shaun, when using discord going through your twitch feed, can I chat with the room without actually having to join the lobby? I won’t be able to try it tonight as I’m waiting for a cable adapter so I can plug my headset and mic into phone or iPad.

Yeah. I have it setup so you’ll come thru Discord on my computer that runs thru my setup to PS4. So it will show me talking, but really it’s just the audio from you on Discord. I can mute my mic as normal and all the same. The same chat audio from my stream will run to discord.

Might have to do a test as you might get some echo, can probably work that out. Only real downside is that if you are watching along, the video will be delayed by 5-10 seconds.

David......where's the pressure?

TONIGHT!!!

Watkins Glen
Fuel- BMW starts with 26 liters...Porsche will start with 32 liters.
Tire wear will be turned off, but the temperature of the tire will still be a factor, be warned and tune wisely.

Race 1 will be 16 laps on the GP circuit early in the morning with light fog.
Race 2 will be 25 laps on the short version. Clear, sunny and hot which will burn up your tires, especially in the Porsche.
Race 3 will be 16 laps at the GP in early evening twilight.

Howdy fellas. How about I jump onto the reserve list for now? I see there are people wanting to race in the experience that is the LOBANARO Lounge, so I’m ok with bowing out. I’m booked up for a couple of Monday nights that are coming up, plus I haven’t really been on my PS4 that much lately. If you see me online on a Monday night and there are spots available (and no one else is waiting to get an invite) hit me up. I’d love to drive around as a rolling chicane and make smartass comments.

And @bear, I dedicated my mini fridge in the game room in your honor. Porsche 917 livery, just for you.

@David: I sent you a PM with info on how to set up your ButtKicker Gamer 2.

View attachment 758755
Hope to see you back regularly sooner rather than later - as Robbie said, your humor is a staple of the lounge, even if it does make me crash off the track!
Love the fridge - that's classic! Also looks like you may have a Senna tribute poster there? I've got a great set of racing posters form the 70s and 80s including Senna, Piquet and Lauda - in the Ferrari 312B as well as the M1.
Cheers Gutter, see you soon, and bring Twin Peaks pics...

Well it looks like Mike and I have some more discussing to do about the numbers here. We did put “Full” in the title a few months ago to discourage others requesting to join. We are flattered by the interest, but our objective has been to stay small (as in one room), to keep the ambiance of the Lobanaro Lounge the way it is. We tried a second room awhile back which Mike and I were not in and the guys did not like it much, saying it was just like any other quiet serious room. We have created a different environment to race in that reflects the slightly demented attitude that Mike and I have brought to the league, and racing with quite a few old friends that we knew would fit in. This is what I think makes it different, along with our layout. I’ve been gone for 7 weeks tonight, maybe I’m thinking wrong and all is the same without me there partnering Mike. I like to think that I’ll be back in my rig by Oct but I just don’t know.
Anyways, Mike and I will have to figure out something.

Aeroprick has a good point that I strayed away from by allowing friend of friends into the Lounge just to fill the room with racers. It kind of backfired.... Although I liked the idea of a seniority system, Aerodik didn't, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the status Quo will remain. Whatever that is..Lol
Anyway, all the guys (18),on the active list will be invited as per usual, if we get more than 16 show up, it'll be first cum, first served. At 8:30, if the room is not full, I'll go to the reserve list. Easy peasy.
Rednoses idea is interesting, as long as the core group of the existing Lounge is not affected or broken up in any way. I personally have no issues with expanding as long as it's not extra work for me and Aerolazy. Another room would also have to embrace the core values of the Lounge which is to have fun offending each other while racing seriously. Who would run a second room? Could we fill a second room? Who would be the one to weed the Dikheads out......we don't allow dickheads.......Except for me

I told Steve how much I missed him yesterday, testing and racing is just not the same without my foil keeping me in my place. Where Steve anally calculates everything with math, I say close enough for rock and roll. I guess that's why he builds airplanes and I build Lego Star Wars action figures. I miss beating him and rubbing it in, I miss my Wa wa waaaaaaa when he spins. I can't wait for him to cum back and reclaim that fugly yellow I've been sporting out of respect.
I just miss ya buddy.

I was behaving myself like a good boy. :)

......I told Steve how much I missed him yesterday.....I can't wait for him to cum back.
I just miss ya buddy.
Yeah we know how much you're missing your lover even sporting the yellow every race until he returns. You're a really good buddy Lobbie and it shows. When I grow up I want a buddy like you. Cheers and manhugs.

TONIGHT!!!

Watkins Glen
Fuel- BMW starts with 26 liters...Porsche will start with 32 liters.
Tire wear will be turned off, but the temperature of the tire will still be a factor, be warned and tune wisely.

Race 1 will be 16 laps on the GP circuit early in the morning with light fog.
Race 2 will be 25 laps on the short version. Clear, sunny and hot which will burn up your tires, especially in the Porsche.
Race 3 will be 16 laps at the GP in early evening twilight.
One time, at racing camp, a girl watching me drive said 'Gee, I'll bet you're hard on tires'
I smiled and replied 'I'll bet it don't.'

Faster guys like you in the slower cars to hopefully create closer racing between the divisions, that's why we'll do two short track races....the long track will definitely stretch us out.

An oldie but a goodie. Friggin Bears. Love the duct tape job though, good as new.

Probably deserved it..I bet the pilot buzzed the bear, probably won't repeat that mistake.
Holy picknick baskets, 84 more messages?... I go away for 1 week......

It's awesome to see all the interest in the lounge, but I'm starting to fear there won't be room for me when I can return.
Hey guys, thanks to you, our Lounge is a big success, full rooms most weeks, awesome.
The problem is there are more Guys wanting to race than we can accommodate in one room. We tried to go to two rooms once and it sucked....changed the whole dynamics of the Lounge, so we will stay with the one room. This means we need a commitment from the full time guys to let us know when they can't make it so we can let the reserve drivers on the list know if they are needed as soon as possible. Also the reserve list will change as more guys will be added and a couple removed,(Steve and GR8) are on medical absences but will be added to the full time list as soon as they are able, sooner rather than later we hope. We'll deal with that when the time comes, but one or two full timers are going to be moved to the reserve list into the one and two spots needed for the gimps. For now though, the reserve list will be in order of seniority as to allow semi-regular guys like Spiff and Hobbs first reserve refusal. There have been a couple of new guys join us the last couple of weeks who seemed to fit right in, unfortunately they will be a little further down the reserve seniority list, but for right now, Stiff and Nobbs are #1 and #2.
Newbies, if you want on the reserve list, post here to let me know. First cum first served for a seniority number.
#
Thanks Mike. It's comforting to hear you'll let me back in when my health improves. This has been the longest month yet - just waiting for Dr.s appointments and more tests. My mother actually called my neurosurgeon's office to complain about how long I've had to wait (how friggin embarrassing can a mother get?) God bless her for caring, but OMG, boundaries woman! I'm still keeping up with the thread and seeing how much fun I'm missing out on. Some great combo choices by the way. Miss you all. Keep up the fun. And keep up with the great improvement Steve. I can't tell you how good it is to see you getting stronger, and your positive attitude gives me inspiration. Take care all.

Thanks for the response, I have to make the tough call to spend time with the family and tonight so my reserve spot is open. Happy racing, hope to be full throttle next week!

It's awesome to see all the interest in the lounge, but I'm starting to fear there won't be room for me when I can return.

Thanks Mike. It's comforting to hear you'll let me back in when my health improves. This has been the longest month yet - just waiting for Dr.s appointments and more tests. My mother actually called my neurosurgeon's office to complain about how long I've had to wait (how friggin embarrassing can a mother get?) God bless her for caring, but OMG, boundaries woman! I'm still keeping up with the thread and seeing how much fun I'm missing out on. Some great combo choices by the way. Miss you all. Keep up the fun. And keep up with the great improvement Steve. I can't tell you how good it is to see you getting stronger, and your positive attitude gives me inspiration. Take care all.
Seniority rules!... also, so do old guys. And Spanish. I got some Spanish cat food for my old cat. It's called senior' kitty. It's put a spring back in his step. Funny, they don't have senora kitty food. Oh well.

Back