◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Was able to stay awake long enough last night to watch all race 1 and half of 2. I was watching Mike’s feed, looked like some great battles out there. I was trying to help you out Mr. Lehman by typing lots of messages to Mike during race 1, then timing them so they would come up on his screen at the most inappropriate time! I even sent him a wa wa waaaaaaaaaa at one point :D
I’ll post the scores later this afternoon.

@Gr8_Lakes
Jeff, you and any original old timer Lobanaro wankers will always have a spot. I have an idea for you and me when I first get home but won’t be able to get in my rig.

Great night of racing! Had I not had a meltdown first race might had a chance for Mr. A with 2, 1, 2 finishes..... wa wa waaaa ...
Sorry again @bigtimedave ... you gave me plenty of space. I messed up.

With the crazy pit issues in the second race I'm not winning A. Not sure if it was you (I think it was) or Rednose but it made me share a pit with one of you. I couldn't pit until you guys were gone. A will come down between you and Sgeti this week. Should be close between you two

Just sitting in the hospital where I was originally taken after my accident. Had to come in for a follow up. More X-rays. All is looking pretty good but new bone is not growing as fast as they would like in my right femur hip location. But I was given the go ahead to put 50% pressure on my left leg for the next six weeks. I have found out that there is nerve damage in my left leg which is the reason I can’t lift my foot back, it just drops down. I’m going to have to get a special brace that holds it up for now while the nerve repairs. They also lifted the 70 degree max bend which is huge, after almost seven weeks I am finally going to be able to sit on a toilet, no more bed pan!!

Just came across this awesome pic:
British double world champion Graham Hill testing the 1967 Lotus 49 with the new Ford-Cosworth DFV engine.
2F7677D6-8D1D-429A-A2C6-F3C99839DD37.jpeg

Was able to stay awake long enough last night to watch all race 1 and half of 2. I was watching Mike’s feed, looked like some great battles out there. I was trying to help you out Mr. Lehman by typing lots of messages to Mike during race 1, then timing them so they would come up on his screen at the most inappropriate time! I even sent him a wa wa waaaaaaaaaa at one point :D
I’ll post the scores later this afternoon.

@Gr8_Lakes
Jeff, you and any original old timer Lobanaro wankers will always have a spot. I have an idea for you and me when I first get home but won’t be able to get in my rig.
Well thank you sir, I appreciate the help. But I can handle a wanker like Mike: you bloody needed to be texting Big Time Dave!
Mike tried his own form of distraction during the last laps of the last race. But in between his distraction attempts I heard things like 'Cocok in mouth'... so I just kept my head down and focused - braking point, apex, exit....
Fortunately, Mike is an amateur at distractions compared to these guys:

What a great night of retro racing. Missed ya Steve, but happy to know you are able to hang with us while you mend.

Speaking of retro: a fun little page...'Racing Retro beauties'. Fun page, G rated really...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/648342128888636/

Last edited:

That was one of the funest nights for me, I think for GT as well, we seemed to be battling most of the night. I kept screwing up at one corner in race 3, otherwise, he was mine.
Hey, Camel didn't win!!!! Wa wa waaaaa. We're gonna have to give you A guys that car more often, that ok with you Alex?
Also the starts were fantastic.....respect.
How's about that wreck in the esssssses, I about shat myself when that car landed on my roof, I almost made it.
Aeropainintheass, I'm gonna stick that keyboard up your tiny little starfish of a scpincter if you don't stop messaging me in turns, I know you miss me, but, if you do it at Bathurst next week, I won't bring you back that moulded latex Dolly vagina you asked for. I'll keep it for myself. Be warned!!!!

Yes.......Next week will be at Bathurst, I feel the need for some shrimps on the Barbie and some foreign sheep to bugger. Any suggestions for cars? All will be considered and it will probably be ignored, but I gotta throw you guys a bone once in a while. Red nose sent a suggestion for the week after next that sounds very interesting. It's top secret Presidential eyes only till next week.

Just sitting in the hospital where I was originally taken after my accident. Had to come in for a follow up. More X-rays. All is looking pretty good but new bone is not growing as fast as they would like in my right femur hip location. But I was given the go ahead to put 50% pressure on my left leg for the next six weeks. I have found out that there is nerve damage in my left leg which is the reason I can’t lift my foot back, it just drops down. I’m going to have to get a special brace that holds it up for now while the nerve repairs. They also lifted the 70 degree max bend which is huge, after almost seven weeks I am finally going to be able to sit on a toilet, no more bed pan!!

Just came across this awesome pic:
British double world champion Graham Hill testing the 1967 Lotus 49 with the new Ford-Cosworth DFV engine.
View attachment 759052

Sorry to hear that Aero. One thing I have learned on a couple different occasions in this life is we are completely at the mercy of our nerves. The ones in my face never grew back. Never tried to start growing back. The one that runs down my right arm grew back roughly from the shoulder down to the elbow in about 15 months and then no more. The doctors keep telling me that one day I could still have the full use of my right arm and that the nerve could still continue to grow. I've kind of given up hope on that after 7 years of no progress really. I really do hope all heals properly for you but I've adopted the saying that what doesnt kill us only makes us stronger and I really do believe that

Sorry to hear that Aero. One thing I have learned on a couple different occasions in this life is we are completely at the mercy of our nerves. The ones in my face never grew back. Never tried to start growing back. The one that runs down my right arm grew back roughly from the shoulder down to the elbow in about 15 months and then no more. The doctors keep telling me that one day I could still have the full use of my right arm and that the nerve could still continue to grow. I've kind of given up hope on that after 7 years of no progress really. I really do hope all heals properly for you but I've adopted the saying that what doesnt kill us only makes us stronger and I really do believe that
WADE-A-MINUTE!!!! You race with a half-nerve arm and race so well bro? :bowdown:

That was one of the funest nights for me, I think for GT as well, we seemed to be battling most of the night. I kept screwing up at one corner in race 3, otherwise, he was mine.
Hey, Camel didn't win!!!! Wa wa waaaaa. We're gonna have to give you A guys that car more often, that ok with you Alex?
Also the starts were fantastic.....respect.
How's about that wreck in the esssssses, I about shat myself when that car landed on my roof, I almost made it.
Aeropainintheass, I'm gonna stick that keyboard up your tiny little starfish of a scpincter if you don't stop messaging me in turns, I know you miss me, but, if you do it at Bathurst next week, I won't bring you back that moulded latex Dolly vagina you asked for. I'll keep it for myself. Be warned!!!!

Yes.......Next week will be at Bathurst, I feel the need for some shrimps on the Barbie and some foreign sheep to bugger. Any suggestions for cars? All will be considered and it will probably be ignored, but I gotta throw you guys a bone once in a while. Red nose sent a suggestion for the week after next that sounds very interesting. It's top secret Presidential eyes only till next week.

I think the Lotus 98T was mentioned.....
Eh, maybe the Formula Rookie would be better - that was mentioned too. Ferrari GTOs would be a challenge...

My hat is off to you Camel - I have a huge amount of respect for that courage to overcome.

Yes, it's really not that simple to get a turbine plane like that going if you haven't done it before and don't know what your doing. Thankfully he only took himself out, sure wish he could have found a different way to enjoy himself.

Had a great time last time. Sorry David for the punt I thought I had you cleared. Hats off to Red Nose. Had some good racing and a couple of Touches as well. Apologize for those. Also in the 2nd race on the 1st or 2nd lap I don’t know if I hit CB racer coming out of the 2nd to last corner. If I did I apologize for that as well. Didn’t seem to slow you down to much. Looking forward to next week. Will post videos later,

Had a great time last time. Sorry David for the punt I thought I had you cleared. Hats off to Red Nose. Had some good racing and a couple of Touches as well. Apologize for those. Also in the 2nd race on the 1st or 2nd lap I don’t know if I hit CB racer coming out of the 2nd to last corner. If I did I apologize for that as well. Didn’t seem to slow you down to much. Looking forward to next week. Will post videos later,
No probs Spiff. All in the game. As I told Shaun aka GTLehman I thought all in all it was a pretty good night.
The track is fantastic and I don't know how the Group A Porche cars handled but the BMW M1 Procar, though the slower of the two, drove sweet on the track.
From what Lobbie indicated the Porche was a bit tricker to handle but man those Porche cars were fast no ass as they were zooming by and the drivers were handling them well including negotiating passes etc. I actually thought it was one of our better nights so cheers to all.

:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

Guess what Camel, you squeaked in another overall win!
Congrats to @bigtimedave, after 14 weeks with us, and a few times runner up, he gets his first overall win for the night. Remember, bragging about being "Mr. Baawesome" for the week is encouraged. A class, meh :D

Congrats to @The__Camel , this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @bigtimedave, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

wk69-aug-13-2018-results-jpg.759130

:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

Guess what Camel, you squeaked in another overall win!
Congrats to @bigtimedave, after 14 weeks with us, and a few times runner up, he gets his first overall win for the night. Remember, bragging about being "Mr. Baawesome" for the week is encouraged. A class, meh :D

Congrats to @The__Camel , this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @bigtimedave, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

wk69-aug-13-2018-results-jpg.759130
I feel honored to be considered at least for this week Mr. Baawesome!!
What Bawesome-ness you have...

The Bawesome-ness is strong in this one..

Use the Bawesome-ness...

May the Bawesome-ness be with you...

(no I'm not a freaking Starwars fan)
I'M MR.BAAWESOME!!!

Last edited:
negotiating passes etc. I actually thought it was one of our better nights so cheers to all.

I actually enjoyed the Porsche. Mike was right at the beginning of the race, if you can drive the car smoothly it handle very well. When you pushed it is when you started to run into problems. I also tuned it with a slight push so if I lifted she hooked into the corners fine for me. That's why I thought I cleared you. I had no twitch on the car going into turn 1. It wasn't until Sgeti said that I punted you that I realized that I had hit you.

Huge day for me today! I mentioned in previous post they gave me permission to put 50 % weight on my left leg and they waved the 70 degree max angle so I can now bend forward. This in itself frees me up to do so many more things. I’ve been figuring that I might be able to start walking in a week and a half or so. So physio shows up, I stand, so much easier now being able to bend forward, and put some pressure on left leg for the first time in almost 7 weeks. It went so well that they had me take a step forward. The next thing you know we are in the hall and they have me walking, I went all the way to the nurses station, about 70 ft. Video only shows a short portion, we all got very emotional so stopped the video! All my hard work of doing physio in the bed and upper body exercises I think paid their dividends today. Had to share this with you guys. Thanks once more for the support you’ve given me through all this.
Steve

Huge day for me today! I mentioned in previous post they gave me permission to put 50 % weight on my left leg and they waved the 70 degree max angle so I can now bend forward. This in itself frees me up to do so many more things. I’ve been figuring that I might be able to start walking in a week and a half or so. So physio shows up, I stand, so much easier now being able to bend forward, and put some pressure on left leg for the first time in almost 7 weeks. It went so well that they had me take a step forward. The next thing you know we are in the hall and they have me walking, I went all the way to the nurses station, about 70 ft. Video only shows a short portion, we all got very emotional so stopped the video! All my hard work of doing physio in the bed and upper body exercises I think paid their dividends today. Had to share this with you guys. Thanks once more for the support you’ve given me through all this.
Steve

That's great Steve!!! I'm very happy for you man!! I know what this feels like.

Spiff, did not hurt at all man. By the way, you were very fast on the Porsche. :cheers:

How's aboot.......... NOT. I'm deathly afraid of open wheeled cars at Bathurst. I'm leaning toward the V-8 Supercar for the A wanks and the GT-4 Ginetta for the Bs. I'll test today for compatibility.
I was hoping you'd say the LMP3 Ginetta :confused: for the B's, but then again I'm no longer in the B group, because I'm Mr Baawesome!!!:lol:

he next thing you know we are in the hall and they have me walking, I went all the way to the nurses station, about 70 ft.

What a great surprise and amazement to see you walking. !!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

You surely pushed it your first time. Great accomplishment. You got emotional, I'm sure you did and so did I watching your steps.

I liked how your nurse had to remind you to smile for the camera. How could Mr. Hollywood forget to smile for the camera?

I was hoping you'd say the LMP3 Ginetta :confused: for the B's, but then again I'm no longer in the B group, because I'm Mr Baawesome!!!:lol:
In Lobbie's defence, most times he leaves you guessing as to which cars and tracks he really means.

<-----Defending Lobbie.

Back