◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

I haven't had a chance to watch much of last nights action yet but there are three ties in the scores so maybe some close racing was had.
Oh Shaun, @GTLehman, you just can't get any closer than you did, but the tie breaker had to go to Bear!

Congrats to @Rednose58, this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @yogi bear, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

Wk78-Oct 15, 2018 Results.JPG

I haven't had a chance to watch much of last nights action yet but there are three ties in the scores so maybe some close racing was had.
Oh Shaun, @GTLehman, you just can't get any closer than you did, but the tie breaker had to go to Bear!

View attachment 774310

View attachment 774310

If I'm going to tie with anybody, might as well tie with the best! Bear was just a little better than me in that car last night, well done and congratulations @yogi bear!
That third race though, Bear and I were side-by-side, formation flying for the first three corners in two wide-ass cars. That was great racing brotha! Then I took my golden prancing horse, and rode off into the horizon. A glint of bawesomeness...what a great night all around.

@camel: Congrats on your team winning the championship!

@gr8: Glad to hear you’ve had even some relief from your pain. Hoping you’ll get good news and healed up soon.

And here’s a game @Aero and Gr8 can join us in and not have to sit in a sim rig. These are older videos but it’ll give you the idea. I mainly play the other game modes, but the racing is fun too.

If any of you Fly Guys want to race on War Thunder, let me know. Not only does WT have combat dogfights, it has an air to battleship mode and an air to ground combat mode where AA guns, armored vehicles and tanks are fighting below and you supply CAS. In race mode you can have up to 32 racers and can choose from different classes of aircraft from biplanes to early jets and it has arcade, realistic and simulation modes. It allows for different cameras (cockpit, third person, nose/prop, etc.) and you can either do a real race where you have to fly point to point in order to win, but it also has kind of a free flight acrobatic version of the basketball game “Horse” where you do a maneuver and others have to also do it or get penalized. Fast forward this first video about 10 seconds to see the free flight racing.

Wow, that looks really awesome - I will have to give that a try again. I tried the game it but really didn't get into it because I have no stick and the controller isn't intuitive.
Back in the nineties ( prepare for 'when I was a kid we had to walk through snow' story) I played quite a few flight combat sims. The best one was Red Baron 3D. It was a WWI sim, and the physics were such that you had to nurse the planes to altitude and couldn't overstress them, and each plane seemed fairly accurate based on it's design. You could do full missions from takeoff to landing and a full campaign. I think I scored 80 some kills flying an Albatros for the Fatherland between 1916 and 1918 - probably about three months real world time. The graphics were decent and you could design your own paint schemes! (Mine were variants of Ernst Kessler's plane from 'The Great Waldo Pepper'.
Anyway, EF2000 was a really good one and Jane's WWII Fighters and USAF were excellent and had online capability.
But I had the full setup, pedals, flightstick and throttle with programmable buttons, all by CH products.
Sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on that Mustang...just need to tear myself away from the GTO...

What did your homework entail?
Obviously not trying the Goat. Pots did pretty well in the Merc seeing it was a lot slower.

Missed the first race, but here's my perspective.
I'm gonna test tonight for a winter wonderland Monday, because David loves racing in inclement weather. (It's not all about you Mon). Be prepared for all conditions, I have to make up for changing last weeks weather, cause the A guys were crying like an abused herd o sheep.
I gotta commend everyone for the super clean starts, all three races went off the way they always should. Eggcelent.

What did your homework entail?
I drove every Road E car one by one and wrote down my lap time. Then I drove the best lap time cars again and decided on the winner. I then drove my chosen car in heavy rain conditions as to not be surprised for the alternating weather conditions. Even when I abandoned my car choice for the second and third race I still was on the stomping end of the butt kicking. (Second race I drove Mo C63. Third race I went for the popular Ferrari 288 GTO.)

Obviously not trying the Goat. Pots did pretty well in the Merc seeing it was a lot slower.

Missed the first race, but here's my perspective.
I'm gonna test tonight for a winter wonderland Monday, because David loves racing in inclement weather. (It's not all about you Mon). Be prepared for all conditions, I have to make up for changing last weeks weather, cause the A guys were crying like an abused herd o sheep.
I gotta commend everyone for the super clean starts, all three races went off the way they always should. Eggcelent.

Great video. I don't think my a$$ has ever looked so good as that third race...

Well, here it is!!!
Winter Wonderland.
Maybe this week will see a room act properly. I did a lot of testing of different cars that might suit the snow and I came up with these two beauties.......

"A" group can pick any car from the RX Lite stable
IMG_0633.JPG

"B" can choose any TC-1 car
IMG_0632.JPG

Can anybody guess where the race will be held from the picture?
IMG_0634.JPG

I'm gonna change it up a bit this week and run 4-20 minute races with a 5 minute qualy for each. Fuel will not be an issue, start with whatever you want. We will still have pit stops though just for the laughs.
The weather conditions will change during every race, but rest assured there will be ice on the track for most of the night. You might want to practice in the wet as well, there will be no dry track. Suck it up David, you had better not wussie out and go hide in the shed trembling like a little yap and shat poodle dog.

We really like your feedback and suggestions on the way combos are picked and the way the room is run. It's hard picking combos that give something for everyone every week, but I enjoy it, so no biggie. We've almost run out of tracks that haven't been used, so it's time to recycle them all and try to use cars that we haven't raced yet. We might even allow you guys to pick combos YOU like again. That worked out well in the past.

Thinking of Aerobadluck right now......he's had a small setback in his recovery, but I'm sure he'll explain it after they cut off his leg.......just kidding..... chin up my good friend, you are missed.

Last edited:
Well, here it is!!!
Winter Wonderland.
Maybe this week will see a room act properly. I did a lot of testing of different cars that might suit the snow and I came up with these two beauties.......

"A" group can pick any car from the RX Lite stable
View attachment 774725
"B" can choose any TC-1 car
View attachment 774724
Can anybody guess where the race will be held from the picture? View attachment 774726

I'm gonna change it up a bit this week and run 4-20 minute races with a 5 minute qualy for each. Fuel will not be an issue, start with whatever you want. We will still have pit stops though just for the laughs.
The weather conditions will change during every race, but rest assured there will be ice on the track for most of the night. You might want to practice in the wet as well, there will be no dry track. Suck it up David, you had better not wussie out and go hide in the shed trembling like a little yap and shat poodle dog.

We really like your feedback and suggestions on the way combos are picked and the way the room is run. It's hard picking combos that give something for everyone every week, but I enjoy it, so no biggie. We've almost run out of tracks that haven't been used, so it's time to recycle them all and try to use cars that we haven't raced yet. We might even allow you guys to pick combos YOU like again. That worked out well in the past.

Thinking of Aerobadluck right now......he's had a small setback in his recovery, but I'm sure he'll explain it after they cut off his leg.......just kidding..... chin up my good friend, you are missed.
Noooooooooo.... the clitoris is back....noooooooooooo!

If I'm going to tie with anybody, might as well tie with the best! Bear was just a little better than me in that car last night, well done and congratulations @yogi bear!
That third race though, Bear and I were side-by-side, formation flying for the first three corners in two wide-ass cars. That was great racing brotha! Then I took my golden prancing horse, and rode off into the horizon. A glint of bawesomeness...what a great night all around.
Yep...that was some mighty fine racing.. best I've had for while.

Well done, Sgeti got it first..........RedBull Ring it is.
Bear, you won't be diddling that clitoris, that's for the B guys. You have 4 wd, which I know you like better.

Mike you said you would like our feedback and suggestions........my feedback would be any time you have ice on track, both Rallycross groups work the best. Being able to kick it slideways in the turns is so much fun. One of the most fun nights I have ever had was last December when you had everyone at Oschersleben on the ice and the Group A guys were in the WRX car. I'm sure CB, Sgeti, and the rest (cant remember who all was Group A) could attest to how much fun that was. I know the Group B guys are usually content to drive whatever, wherever but I really feel that they miss out on how much fun it is to drive a Rallycross car on the ice. My suggestion is if you wanted the Group A guys in quicker cars you could put Group A in WRX and you could put Group B in the RX Lite. Just wanted to see the Group B guys get too enjoy that style of driving once.

Camel might have a point.

But then again you talking about a guy who like to put cars with no windshield wipers or rain tyres and not make to drive or rain in rain to race in rain and worse thunderstorms.

<----*Runs like hell*

Bear, at this point, I don't know which division you're in. If you're in the Clio, just drive the thing. Please don't remind us all night how much you hate fwd. just remember, the Clio is all throttle control to get through corners fast.
Camel, that's why I put you fast guys in a car that your division can throw around the track with confidence. I picked the Clio after testing for us lowly wankers like me who struggle with WRX racing in general.
Also, both cars are pretty even on the track, so I'm hoping for some inter division battles.
All of the penalties we normally use will be active as well.
David is JIM Carry and I'm the fat guy.

Remember fellas, 2/3 of the the brain power is out on medical leave right now. Mike's been left with all the heavy lifting of car and track selection - every week! Cut the poor guy some slack, he's been fighting the good fight to keep this league going without his partner for quite a while now. Believe me, if I weren't laid up myself, I'd be helping as much as I could to try and lighten the load on Mike - especially with car and track selection - as that's the most subjective part of the process. The rest is details that fall into calculations - that EVERYONE should be able to figure out by now. @The__Camel made a friendly suggestion - no whining. That was nice. (And made some sense to me too. Ice & 4wd = FUN!) I know it seems like @aerolite is back to helping out, since he's doing scoring, but it's still obvious to me that Lobbie is pulling this sled uphill on his own quite a bit. Personally, I'm grateful that Mike's kept the league afloat so well. I AM going to return to sim racing - and I just pray it'll still be in this league. I can't remember one occasion where Mike or Steve can be quoted as saying : "Guys, stop suggesting car and track combos, we just aren't interested in what you'd like to race on Mondays." I'm sure Mike's ears are wide open right now, and he'd take any help he can get. That's my PSA for the day.

Wanna know what really grinds my gears though? Minimal F1 coverage because the race is in my home country this weekend. No free practice, no qualifying, just the race - AND WITH COMMERCIALS because it's on an American network and not ESPN. Hopefully @GUTTERBOY3007 will be seeing it live. How about you Alex? You going this year?

Wanna know what really grinds my gears though? Minimal F1 coverage because the race is in my home country this weekend. No free practice, no qualifying, just the race - AND WITH COMMERCIALS because it's on an American network and not ESPN. Hopefully @GUTTERBOY3007 will be seeing it live. How about you Alex? You going this year?
I would be annoyed the same. From Canada we have the same as always : FP2, Qually, Race

Watching "free practice 2" right now...... nothing going on in the rain. The only news is that Vettel may get a 3 grid penalty for not slowing down enough under red flag in FP1. Not missing much. You can read all about it too.

Remember fellas, 2/3 of the the brain power is out on medical leave right now. Mike's been left with all the heavy lifting of car and track selection - every week! Cut the poor guy some slack, he's been fighting the good fight to keep this league going without his partner for quite a while now. Believe me, if I weren't laid up myself, I'd be helping as much as I could to try and lighten the load on Mike - especially with car and track selection - as that's the most subjective part of the process. The rest is details that fall into calculations - that EVERYONE should be able to figure out by now. @The__Camel made a friendly suggestion - no whining. That was nice. (And made some sense to me too. Ice & 4wd = FUN!) I know it seems like @aerolite is back to helping out, since he's doing scoring, but it's still obvious to me that Lobbie is pulling this sled uphill on his own quite a bit. Personally, I'm grateful that Mike's kept the league afloat so well. I AM going to return to sim racing - and I just pray it'll still be in this league. I can't remember one occasion where Mike or Steve can be quoted as saying : "Guys, stop suggesting car and track combos, we just aren't interested in what you'd like to race on Mondays." I'm sure Mike's ears are wide open right now, and he'd take any help he can get. That's my PSA for the day.

That first sentence, LMAO!

You’re right, Mike has been left with choosing the combos, as it is quite hard for me to do that sitting in the hospital. I could certainly just come up with some combos, but you’d be racing classic cars at great tracks each week ;) So ya, cut him some slack, he’s doing a pretty darn good job without my input each week.

That sucks Jeff, not getting the coverage. We still get our regular SkySports feed, I have practice 2 up right now. But you’re not missing much as it’s soaking wet and not much going on!

Well as it’s been alluded to here I have had a real crappy setback. I have been having a nagging muscle pain in my right thigh that keeps moving around. So I told doc on Monday that I wanted an X-ray for piece of mind, and he's saying most likely nothing but muscle stuff. But he agreed and told me would be Wednesday latest.
I wasn't hearing anything on my X-rays yesterday so went and pushed and finally got in around 3:30. The doc was here an hr later with not good news. The two big screws in the top of my right femur/hip are both bent, maybe one even broken. So now I'm keeping weight off that leg and will be doing minimal stuff here. I see the surgeon on Tuesday at 8am and find out wtf is going on! They also have a surgery spot set for Thursday. I have no choice but to continue on. I have to treat this as another bump that has happened for a reason. Hopefully the fix is a better solution and will be a better long term solution as well. I’m just glad I found this out now through my persistence of an X-ray rather than 3 or 4 months down the road. I sure hope it doesn't make my recovery that much longer, I need to get back with you guys!

Edit: Got ninja'd by Red on the F1 stuff!

Before
xray cropped.JPG

After
CA013D77-2BE2-4B3A-A979-33C59B1B1862.jpeg

Last edited:
.....Well as it’s been alluded to here I have had a real crappy setback. I have been having a nagging muscle pain in my right thigh that keeps moving around. So I told doc on Monday that I wanted an X-ray for piece of mind, and he's saying most likely nothing but muscle stuff. But he agreed and told me would be Wednesday latest.
I wasn't hearing anything on my X-rays yesterday so went and pushed and finally got in around 3:30. The doc was here an hr later with not good news. The two big screws in the top of my right femur/hip are both bent, maybe one even broken. So now I'm keeping weight off that leg and will be doing minimal stuff here. I see the surgeon on Tuesday at 8am and find out wtf is going on! They also have a surgery spot set for Thursday. I have no choice but to continue on. I have to treat this as another bump that has happened for a reason. Hopefully the fix is a better solution and will be a better long term solution as well. I’m just glad I found this out now through my persistence of an X-ray rather than 3 or 4 months down the road. I sure hope it doesn't make my recovery that much longer, I need to get back with you guys!

Edit: Got ninja'd by Red on the F1 stuff!

Before
View attachment 774950

After
View attachment 774951
So sorry to hear bout that Aero. That's effed up but yes good thing you pushed for the X-Ray so hopefully it'd be sorted out sooner than later. Stay strong bro.

Latest Posts

Back