◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
:gtpflag: Cars and Tracks for Feb 18th :gtpflag:

An evening in Belgium, driving your choice of Road C cars. We will split two races at Zolder (a track we have not raced at on Monday nights yet), with a race at SPA.
Both groups can pick any car from Road C, but must drive a different one at each race. So three cars for the night.
Three races, 30 min's, with a pit stop.

Race 1 - Zolder

Race 2 - SPA

Race 3 - Zolder
Unfortunate the bear will not be there. Rented a log cabin up north for 5 days for the whole fam damily.
Gonna be doin some snowmobiling. Be back wed.
I'm sure someone will happily fill my spot.

Man, did somebody stink up the place with rotten egg farts? That's three regulars that won't be racing. Hopefully it'll open some slots for some of the guys on standby.

I noticed tomorrow is that random holiday, “family day”. But atleast all the Americans will show up!
And obviously me. Almost got rid of me... almost.

:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

Three 30 min races with pit stops, max starting fuel is shown, you will have to figure out pit stop fuel as each car is a bit different. Remember, you can start with less fuel if you want.
Note: You have to run a different car each race.

Wk93.jpg

Invite list for tonight: (16 with reserves)
Group A
@aerolite
@Mike Lobban
@Alex ONeill
@coltsjugg
@CB_racer
@Hanable
@SGETI
@The__Camel
@Xradkins

Group B
@Gr8_Lakes
@GTLehman
@potvinsuks
@Herimopp89
@sgohsixthree

Reserve
@Esspugo1 B
@SAMHAIN85 A

Last edited:
Question: We have decided to finally cancel cable and just keep internet - we hardly watch anything except for Netflix anyway. I was looking at streaming F1 via their 'Pro' service which seems affordable.
Any other suggestions? I'd also be interested if I could see stuff like British Touring Cars and GT1 which I haven't watched since I had 'Speed' in New Mexico.

Question: We have decided to finally cancel cable and just keep internet - we hardly watch anything except for Netflix anyway. I was looking at streaming F1 via their 'Pro' service which seems affordable.
Any other suggestions? I'd also be interested if I could see stuff like British Touring Cars and GT1 which I haven't watched since I had 'Speed' in New Mexico.
No suggestions other than DirectTV.

I was going to get the F1 service as well, but it’s not available in Canada. You can always torrent it but you usually have to wait a day, then sometimes site goes down as well. I ended up getting my reg tv service back a couple of weeks after cancelling, for a 1/4 of the price!

I just split WRC+ with my neighbour, watched way too many hrs of Rally Sweden the past three days!

Last edited:
Tonight's race feed from my view. I've really got to get some more seat time. I'm bloody slow!

And look at that! Last week's showed up finally.

I love around 0:15:20. Ol' @yogi bear doesn't cause too many cluster f.k.s, but he goes big when he does! Don't worry Bear, you're still one of the best in my book. :lol: OMG, then I watched 'til about 0:17:20. I remember that part of the race. You had a good run on me and then you just... disappeared! I really hope I didn't race you dirty there. I knew you were closing in and I tried to leave enough room for you through the corner - in the ice. At least now I know what happened to you (rear view mirror). :ouch: Oh, and about 0:24:54 is where @GUTTERBOY3007 was worried that he might have cost me some time... NOPE! :eek:

Someday, hopefully, I'll figure out how to edit videos on YouTube like @SAMHAIN85 . Then I can just post clips. It's not as easy as I thought it'd be. Dang whippersnappers and their technology!

And Mike, Here's our new little pup. Although we prefer to call him "Devil Dog" right now, his actual name is Hank.

img_20190210_214610955-jpg.799044

Last edited:

We got rid of our phone and tv too (Everything seems to be free on an app, why pay for it) but we had something with all the channels from all over the world on it, but something happened to it so now im stuck with all the free apps. Eurosport seem to have all the horrible racing you guys seem to like, if you can find that somehow.

:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

Well those cars certainly made for an interesting evening. I agree with Sgeti when he said it's funny how we lust after some of those cars in real life, but rarely drive them here.

Guy's, a reminder, if you get DC'd, that's one thing, but if you want to quit the race please just retire to the pits and leave when the race is done. For example, it might have been a coincidence, but when "cough Colts DP'd cough", I hit a land mine just after that. Regardless, it affects the room.

Congrats to Hermipoop for his first overall win in the Lounge!

Congrats to @SGETI, this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @Herimopp89, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

wk94-feb-18th-2019-results-jpg.800710

The McLaren was fast as hades in a straight line...but when it came to turning and braking it sucked donkey balls

Well done, congratulations! Pack your bags for Group A buddy!!

Fun even though I chose poorly. You're right Aero, McLaren may be the king of the supercars in the real world (MAY be), but it seems they need a lot more tuning according to PCars.

Except for running out gas race 1, it was definitely an interesting evening. That’s the last time I let Aeroduh pick the cars. I todaso, but nooooooo, you wouldn’t listen.
I did see a lot of non lifting when going blatantly OOBs. I lifted for the major infractions, but when it was close and I lost time by going a bit OOBs, I kept on. Thing is, when you are 20 feet off the track, you have to lift!!! It doesn’t matter if you’re racing tight with someone.....you have to give a lift for your penalty. We can always turn track penalties on again if some of us don’t clean up our acts.
Samhain, aka, Austin Powers.........hahahahaha.
I really enjoyed the variety of cars last night. It just amazes me how they can diddle with the physics to feel the differences in each car.
I’m feeling much better running in A now. I can almost compete with the zoomies .......almost. I think last night was the first ever night with no spins for me. Well, one little one that took out Colts, but it’s Colts sooooo, carry on, nothing to see here.

What were your favourite combos from the past year? The game is getting old and ideas are running thin for Duh and me. As usual, we have to go to the peasants to see what they liked and didn’t. We are an open dictatorship that is always willing to ignore what you say.

Except for running out gas race 1, it was definitely an interesting evening. That’s the last time I let Aeroduh pick the cars. I todaso, but nooooooo, you wouldn’t listen.
I did see a lot of non lifting when going blatantly OOBs. I lifted for the major infractions, but when it was close and I lost time by going a bit OOBs, I kept on. Thing is, when you are 20 feet off the track, you have to lift!!! It doesn’t matter if you’re racing tight with someone.....you have to give a lift for your penalty. We can always turn track penalties on again if some of us don’t clean up our acts.

Road cars, especially wiggly ones with a lot of power are not a good metric to determine flipping the penalty switch back on. Unless people were going straight thru chicanes, most were probably just trying to recover from over driving the car, which when you're used to race cars, is easy to do. But you guys can do whatever the 🤬 you want in your league. :lol:

Also, here is a clip from the start of the 2nd race. I was caught in the pack and all hell started braking loose at Raidillon. I juked left as soon as Hermi went right and somehow managed to squeeze past Sam and Mike. I crashed a few turns later so all for not.

Last edited:

Samhain, aka, Austin Powers.........hahahahaha.
I really enjoyed the variety of cars last night. It just amazes me how they can diddle with the physics to feel the differences in each car.
I’m feeling much better running in A now. I can almost compete with the zoomies .......almost. I think last night was the first ever night with no spins for me. Well, one little one that took out Colts, but it’s Colts sooooo, carry on, nothing to see here.

What were your favourite combos from the past year? The game is getting old and ideas are running thin for Duh and me. As usual, we have to go to the peasants to see what they liked and didn’t. We are an open dictatorship that is always willing to ignore what you say.

The class racing concept is pretty cool - because as we've said before some people are stronger indifferent cars.

Favorite combos??? Weeelllll. off the top of my head..those involving the:

Ferrari GTO
BMW M1 (Gr.4 class)
the Radicals...
VGTA
VGTB
VGTC _ I think both times we've run the classic Ferraris it's been great.
VF1B/C
I don't recall running very much Lotus 78, am always very happy to run the 72D and 49C.
We could really use a P917/F512 night again, and also a good Can Am night. We just need to wait until @yogi bear isn't on vacay...
We don't seem to see Long Beach or Algarve very often...

Last edited:
Back