◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
I'll go and check the fridge now to make sure there is enough cold beer to see us through the day.....

View attachment 812454

Progreso, Yucatan
My sympathies, those are some insane temperatures. When mama bear and I toured down the Oregon coast in sept/oct. a few years ago. We got to lake Shasta in Northern California. After a 2 days of 38 degrees Celsius. We'd
Had enough and headed up into Yosemite park. We had the place to ourselves, the park ranger warned us it could dip below freezing at night, and probably wouldn't get above 15 Celsius in the day...I replied..perfect!...great hiking weather.

My sympathies, those are some insane temperatures. When mama bear and I toured down the Oregon coast in sept/oct. a few years ago. We got to lake Shasta in Northern California. After a 2 days of 38 degrees Celsius. We'd
Had enough and headed up into Yosemite park. We had the place to ourselves, the park ranger warned us it could dip below freezing at night, and probably wouldn't get above 15 Celsius in the day...I replied..perfect!...great hiking weather.
Bear, you and the Mrs. would hate Mid-Michigan. We're basically the menopause state. We'll have snow on Monday, blistering hot (95* Fahrenheit - whatever that translates to in Canadian temperature) with 95 percent humidity on Wednesday, then mid 40s and rain on Friday, a gorgeous San Diego type weekend (sunny - high 70s), then back to freezing rain and snow the next Monday... That's how our long spring and fall goes. Summer: F-ing hot and humid. Winter, we never know... Some years mild with a few inches of snow, some years freezing with feet of snow. This year was the ice year. We kept getting 35*F days with rain, and 30*F nights ( for you Canucks, American water freezes at 32*). So we just kept waking up to skating rinks for roads and driveways. Junior had 8 snow days this year, with no snow.

As for the racing stuff, I really appreciate all the feedback. I almost immediately regretted posting that original messages as soon as I hit Post Reply. I don't want to make waves, and it's possible I'm struggling with my own crap and faulting others. So I'm glad there's some agreement toward tightening up the racing lines. As for the two car format, I'm just going to have to find a day to get each car setup for each track. I spun that Panoz at least 10 times in race three, made a few adjustments between race three and four, and never spun in race four. Heck, I used to like driving one car and not knowing what or where until raceday. So spending time ahead of time to prepare is kinda meh to me. But spinning ten times in twenty laps is a lot more like MEH! to me. Either way, I appreciate not getting pounced on for making criticism. I guess I just miss the original formula. Kinda like the new Coke, or GTSport's new clutch model, sometimes new isn't necessarily better. (GTSport's clutch issue :lol:, what a schitt-show! :lol:)

Bear, you and the Mrs. would hate Mid-Michigan. We're basically the menopause state. We'll have snow on Monday, blistering hot (95* Fahrenheit - whatever that translates to in Canadian temperature) with 95 percent humidity on Wednesday, then mid 40s and rain on Friday, a gorgeous San Diego type weekend (sunny - high 70s), then back to freezing rain and snow the next Monday... That's how our long spring and fall goes. Summer: F-ing hot and humid. Winter, we never know... Some years mild with a few inches of snow, some years freezing with feet of snow. This year was the ice year. We kept getting 35*F days with rain, and 30*F nights ( for you Canucks, American water freezes at 32*). So we just kept waking up to skating rinks for roads and driveways. Junior had 8 snow days this year, with no snow.

As for the racing stuff, I really appreciate all the feedback. I almost immediately regretted posting that original messages as soon as I hit Post Reply. I don't want to make waves, and it's possible I'm struggling with my own crap and faulting others. So I'm glad there's some agreement toward tightening up the racing lines. As for the two car format, I'm just going to have to find a day to get each car setup for each track. I spun that Panoz at least 10 times in race three, made a few adjustments between race three and four, and never spun in race four. Heck, I used to like driving one car and not knowing what or where until raceday. So spending time ahead of time to prepare is kinda meh to me. But spinning ten times in twenty laps is a lot more like MEH! to me. Either way, I appreciate not getting pounced on for making criticism. I guess I just miss the original formula. Kinda like the new Coke, or GTSport's new clutch model, sometimes new isn't necessarily better. (GTSport's clutch issue :lol:, what a schitt-show! :lol:)
The clutch has always been trash on GT Sport. It was trash on gt6. You have to shift like your driving a tractor or something.

Last edited:

I thought pa was the only ****** state when it came to that literally one year we had tornados And mid 80's on a Saturday Sunday it was snowing amd in the high 20's...I feel ya for sure on the damm weather and yes the clutch it s joke on gt sport I say they should just stop trying to incorporate the clutch

The clutch has always been trash on BT Sport. It was trash on gt6. You have to shift like your driving a tractor or something.
True, but I'm not sure if you're aware of the "shiftgate" cheating scandal that it allowed. Apparently, cars that suffered slow paddle shifts could benefit from having your H-shifter in a preselected gear, and then pop off one super quick shift by pressing and releasing the clutch quickly. Racers would strategize where this quick shift would pay the most dividends, and use it there. Then, GTSport being as awesome as it is, you could just go back to paddle shifting, select that gear with the H-shifter for the next lap, and pop off another quick shift. This was especially beneficial in standing starts. You could get a couple car lengths ahead by turn one with one clutch pop. So, to correct this, GTSport completely eliminated the function of the clutch in their last major update. After our league races Monday I played a litte GTSport in VR. I realized I hadn't missed any shifts - very odd for a tractor- like shifting game. So I just held the clutch in... And nothing. It was completely disabled. Apparently there's been a patch in the past couple days restoring it's function, but it still won't work in online Sport races. Why can't they figure out a decent clutch model? It's just embarrassing.

True, but I'm not sure if you're aware of the "shiftgate" cheating scandal that it allowed. Apparently, cars that suffered slow paddle shifts could benefit from having your H-shifter in a preselected gear, and then pop off one super quick shift by pressing and releasing the clutch quickly. Racers would strategize where this quick shift would pay the most dividends, and use it there. Then, GTSport being as awesome as it is, you could just go back to paddle shifting, select that gear with the H-shifter for the next lap, and pop off another quick shift. This was especially beneficial in standing starts. You could get a couple car lengths ahead by turn one with one clutch pop. So, to correct this, GTSport completely eliminated the function of the clutch in their last major update. After our league races Monday I played a litte GTSport in VR. I realized I hadn't missed any shifts - very odd for a tractor- like shifting game. So I just held the clutch in... And nothing. It was completely disabled. Apparently there's been a patch in the past couple days restoring it's function, but it still won't work in online Sport races. Why can't they figure out a decent clutch model? It's just embarrassing.
Too many ways to cheat on GT sport. There was a glitch where if you paint the car matte hot pink it goes 8 mph faster. Lol. I wonder if people are still flipping the transmission in order for faster shifts. That's why I joined snail to eliminate the cheat factor by spec racing.

:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

As you saw from @GTLehman post a page back (5353), we will be running his combo this week, thanks Shaun!

Wk101.jpg

Invite list for tonight:

Group A
@CB_racer
@Alex ONeill
@coltsjugg
@Herimopp89
@Rob Brown
@SGETI
@sgohsixthree
@Xradkins

Group B
@Mike Lobban
@aerolite
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@Hanable
@2pfspiff
@yogi bear

Last edited:
Sorry I left on that note. Had to watch sports.. and 1st 1st last last was good enough for me.

Anyhow when I was a kid, people used to tell these "whats the 3 worst things to do in the world" jokes,
so naturally...
1. Punch a blind man and say "bet you didnt see that coming"
2. Strap a bomb to a cripples wheelchair and say "run for your life" (insert steve.)
3. Calling an orphan and asking "are your parents home?"

Also steve ill sort out the fuel and stuff for ya asap.

Good racing tonight - congrats Hanable and CB!
I really enjoyed the evening, except for when a red devil flipped me onto my rollbar in very early race one....and got thumped out of the lead in race three. Oh well, I enjoyed some good, close racing with Mike, Steve and Bear in the 72D, it was great to race these cars in the lounge.

Last edited:
:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

Great combo Shaun, love the vintage Lotus cars, they are a challenge but so cool.
Good to see CB knock Sgeti off the top spot, :D, he had a run of three weeks going. Speaking of three weeks in a row, Mr. Hanable, you know where your heading next week ;)

Congrats to @CB_racer, this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @Hanable, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

wk101-april-8th-2019-results-jpg.813285

Last edited:

Great combo Shaun, love the vintage Lotus cars, they are a challenge but so cool.
Good to see CB knock Sgeti off the top spot, :D, he had a run of three weeks going. Speaking of three weeks in a row, Mr. Hanable, you know where your heading next week ;)

The one thing about racing the old stuff is you actually get to race. You don't need a degree in mechanical engineering and fluid dynamics in order to understand how the car works. I had good battles with both classes last night. I like the new stuff too it just seems we have the best nights driving the old fast stuff or slow modern things.

*You're*

Suck it SGETI!!!!

Nahh, he's the Mr. Awesome. He slowed down on two races at least which was awesome since we could battle a little bit.

@GTLehman @ 26:15 ... Great combo by the way

@aerolite wait thats bad weather up there
No, not at all, I never said bad, just a pic to show in relation to the sunny weather wankers in the group! Considering it was dry and brown on the way in, was kinda crappy on the way home, about 10 cm of snow, and the roads were a mix of freezing rain and slush, nothing we can’t handle. It still sucks this time of the year though!
Got a great report from the surgeon this morning after a full bout of X-rays, all is healing very well and he wants me to try and walk as much as I can each day without using crutches, I’ve been doing that anyways. I can also start doing easy leg workouts in the gym as well to get the leg muscles stronger to help with walking again.

No, not at all, I never said bad, just a pic to show in relation to the sunny weather wankers in the group! Considering it was dry and brown on the way in, was kinda crappy on the way home, about 10 cm of snow, and the roads were a mix of freezing rain and slush, nothing we can’t handle. It still sucks this time of the year though!
Got a great report from the surgeon this morning after a full bout of X-rays, all is healing very well and he wants me to try and walk as much as I can each day without using crutches, I’ve been doing that anyways. I can also start doing easy leg workouts in the gym as well to get the leg muscles stronger to help with walking again.

That's great news glad to hear that

Watched a bit of Mike's stream. Gotta say, Mike looked really solid. I just wished he could hear me saying, Mike, the rear tires are wider than the front! So many times he'd nail the apex, then run the exit right to the edge of his front tires, thus causing a bit of wheel-spin on the straight. You were really good through the classic chicane too Mike. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd think somebody might be sand-bagging in order to stay in Group B :confused:. Just kidding Mike. I don't care what group you race in. But running out of fuel, again?! You need some new material to keep it believable :lol:.

Back