◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
“As far as language is concerned I am prior service and I work in an oil refinery on the East coast. You didn't even come close to my cringe factor last night. Again great time last night.”

@spiff: That sounds like a challenge! Lol.

We’ll be in Austin this weekend, in a house the corporation set us up in. The main goal is finding our new house. I’ll have a PS4 w/o a wheel but I might jump on to BS with you guys or to play a FPS (COD/BF/R6 Siege). I already miss you guys. There aren’t enough misfits in this world who can tolerate my sense of “humor” and my slow ass “racing”.

“As far as language is concerned I am prior service and I work in an oil refinery on the East coast. You didn't even come close to my cringe factor last night. Again great time last night.”

@spiff: That sounds like a challenge! Lol.

We’ll be in Austin this weekend, in a house the corporation set us up in. The main goal is finding our new house. I’ll have a PS4 w/o a wheel but I might jump on to BS with you guys or to play a FPS (COD/BF/R6 Siege). I already miss you guys. There aren’t enough misfits in this world who can tolerate my sense of “humor” and my slow ass “racing”.

I play R6S every now and then with @mexxifrieboy . He's good and I'm not, but down to play if you are sometime. :)

.same name and all. As I was reviewing my setup just before rase start as I usually do I happened to take note of the gears. They were all out of whack including gears 2, 3 and 4 reading the same number (1.something). So weird. Fortunately I was able to pull up the screenshot of the setup used to refer to the gears I had input and saved and reapplied....again saving. This would hold then but lo and behold when I rechecked later in-between races it was out of whack again. Must be some bug I dunno. Have any of y'all experienced this?

Hey David,
about the problem with the number of gearing ratio
I have this problem too.
I can save a setup and when I come back to this screen later, the info is no longer the same.
it happens erratically
I try to uninstall / reinstall the game without success
the problem is erratic
so I check each time the info before clicking start, and often I have to reenter the number manually
luckily it's only happened once the numbers have jammed, and I did not manage to get out of the game on time and I got DQ

Speaking of a problem, I need help for this one
when I want to customize the HUD screen, I can not save the visual splitt screen (the little green/red bar and numbers indicating in time if you faster or slower relatif to your fastest lap)
I can modify its location (same for the other parameters) but when I try to save, the system accepts all changes except to make visible the visual splitt?
It seems that I can not save or back up with the G29 but only with the dualshock
Any suggestion ?

Not to clog the thread with questions, but I do have a couple. I have been looking for G29 settings and hoping fellow snails could point me in the right direction. Also curious about a general car setup resource if any of those are available for Pcars2. Thanks to all, hopefully will be able to hang out on a couple Mondays in the lounge.

.same name and all. As I was reviewing my setup just before rase start as I usually do I happened to take note of the gears. They were all out of whack including gears 2, 3 and 4 reading the same number (1.something). So weird. Fortunately I was able to pull up the screenshot of the setup used to refer to the gears I had input and saved and reapplied....again saving. This would hold then but lo and behold when I rechecked later in-between races it was out of whack again. Must be some bug I dunno. Have any of y'all experienced this?

Hey David,
I have this problem too.
I can save a setup and when I come back to this screen later, the info is no longer the same.
it happens erratically
the problem is erratic
so I check each time the info before clicking start, and often I have to reenter the number manually
luckily it's only happened once the numbers have jammed, and I did not manage to get out of the game on time and I got DQ
Nick,
one thing I've noticed is that even tough the number is different, the gear still correct as in your setup. I don't know if that's your case.

Not to clog the thread with questions, but I do have a couple. I have been looking for G29 settings and hoping fellow snails could point me in the right direction. Also curious about a general car setup resource if any of those are available for Pcars2. Thanks to all, hopefully will be able to hang out on a couple Mondays in the lounge.
PM Sent Tect!

Speaking of a problem, I need help for this one
when I want to customize the HUD screen, I can not save the visual splitt screen (the little green/red bar and numbers indicating in time if you faster or slower relatif to your fastest lap)
I can modify its location (same for the other parameters) but when I try to save, the system accepts all changes except to make visible the visual splitt?
It seems that I can not save or back up with the G29 but only with the dualshock
Any suggestion ?
Yes, you do need to use the dual shock, not the wheel. I had to mess with it to get mine the right way - they don't have the best interface. I will look at my screen and see if I can PM you to help.

Hey David,
I have this problem too.
it happens erratically
the problem is erratic
Thanks for the response Dret. First time I noticed it although maybe it may have happened before with others cars and I wasn't aware. When I noticed it and tried to change the gears back to what they should have been the numbers couldn't adjust accordingly. I would then cancel if it asked me to save. Strangely enough when I would then reload the same prior saved setup it would load back to what it was supposed to be. I had to do that before each race upon double-checking and seeing the gears out of whack.

Balls, I have a G29 too. These are FFB the settings I've been using for a while and they work fine for me. You can try them if you wish.
I had gotten them from someone who was more experienced than me back then when I was searching.

Flavour: Informative
Gain: 95 (Was 100), Volume: 50, Tone: 40 (Was 35), FX: 45, Menu: 0.30

Configuration:
Steering Deadzone 0
Dampening 0
Steering Sensitivity 50 (DON'T CHANGE THIS)

I'm the same withe the T300. I have to use the controller to adjust and save my hud as well.

Also curious about a general car setup resource if any of those are available for Pcars2.

This is the setup guide that I use. It is not for Pcar2 specific, but it has been pretty accurate so far with the knowledge in the write up.

http://www.bitwalker.at/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Setup-Guide-Matrix.pdf

Flavour: Informative
Gain: 95 (Was 100), Volume: 50, Tone: 40 (Was 35), FX: 45, Menu: 0.30

davidt33 does the 95 gain give a lot of weight in the Wheel? I had to redo mine on the T300 (I know its not a G29) and when running 95 my wheel felt very heavy. If any one has any settings that they would like to share for the T300 please feel free. I am running Raw- Gain: 75- Vol: 45- Tone: 55- FX: 55. I tried to use my Xbox one set up and it was complete garbage. My T300 firmware is not updated to the latest and greatest because when I updated my TX it threw the FFB way off in Pcars2 for Xbone.

davidt33 does the 95 gain give a lot of weight in the Wheel? I had to redo mine on the T300 (I know its not a G29) and when running 95 my wheel felt very heavy. If any one has any settings that they would like to share for the T300 please feel free. I am running Raw- Gain: 75- Vol: 45- Tone: 55- FX: 55. I tried to use my Xbox one set up and it was complete garbage. My T300 firmware is not updated to the latest and greatest because when I updated my TX it threw the FFB way off in Pcars2 for Xbone.
Everything works fine with the settings I use there Spiff. Of course it's for the G29.
I think maybe the heaviness of the wheel is not based on the GAIN though. Could be TONE and/or STEERING SENSITIVITY.

Then came race 2...Fog...Fog with rain...Thunderstorm...Clear. That was a hot mess. Hey Aero and Lobbie, the car doesn't have wet tyres. It not make for rain far more thunderstorm. No enjoyment there whatsoever with that devil rain and devil puddles. Thought about dropping out during that race. That was another race I was glad to have finished.
I think you need to look at these precipitation occurrences with a different mindset David. If the car only has the track tires and not specific wets, so what, adapt to the track and conditions on those tires, everybody is in the same boat. Yea, those were especially trying conditions but you had to slow down, I went sideways once and recovered but never spun once. But most of all, look at it as a challenge and something different, think to yourself that this is going to be a blast. Remember we do this for the fun of it! There is going to be many more wet races to come, wet tires or not, but if you really don’t like it...........well, you know how the saying goes :D

I have found the Raw setting to give the best feedback. As for the rest, it is very much a personal feel. At the start I just took a favourite car and played with settings one at a time until I found what I liked. After that I would tweak it a bit on different cars until I eventually found a commen setting that worked for most cars.
When your ready to try out a night with us just tag me and Lobban in this thread and let us know.

I didn't think about messing with steering sensitivity. I'll give that a try tonight to see what happens. Thanks
The T-300 and G29 are so different that it’s not worth any time looking at the other wheel for commen settings. If I remember correctly, most of the T300 users I know do use the Raw setting.

Last edited:
t300
upload_2018-4-25_16-16-25.png

:gtpflag:Cars and Track for Monday April 30th.:gtpflag:

Well, there are still some tracks we have not visited yet in PCars2 here in the Lounge, Sonoma being one of them, so that is where we are headed next week.
We decided it was time to get in some medium powered road cars as well, plus mix it up with one group in a FD and the other in a RD. These two cars are very close in performance so it will make things very interesting. Our biggest decision was which group gets what, but in the end we decided to give the Group A guys the Civic as it's slightly slower, but in the hands of the right drivers they will be faster than the BMW. Ok, who are we trying to kid, the real reason the A's are getting the Civic is so we can hear @yogi bear piss and moan about FD's, :lol:

Sonoma - All three layouts - all dry.

Group A
Honda Civic Type R
honda-civic-type-r-jpeg.732257

Group B
BMW M1 Coupe
bmw-m1-coupe-jpeg.732256

Last edited:
Well I never. Such rudeness. Sonovagun.
David, I have to agree with Steve on this point. One of the reasons I LOVE Project Cars 2 is the ability to race in the rain. Granted, slicks in rain is just no fun... it's impossible to get around the track. But track tires may as well be rain tires in my opinion. They have tread, they shed water, and as long as you drive within their parameters, you can get around the track fine. Remember, we all have to drive with the same tires. If you're spinning out, you're going too fast, and NOBODY ELSE IS GOING THAT FAST! Slower is still competitive in the rain. It's all about finding that line, and again - my opinion - that's so much fun! After our league race I joined Bear and his son (and a bunch of very clean unknowns) for some races . The last race, we raced the new 488 Challenge car. I sucked at driving it, but I still loved it because it was such a responsive car. I want to drive it more because no matter what you do, the car responds. So I just look at it as a challenge. My point is, I still try to have fun even if I'm struggling, otherwise what's the point? It's all a mindset my friend. So let's embrace the rain!!! :scared:

Heres a cool foot cam (fetish video in Rex Ryan's world) of Ricky Rudd @ Sonoma.

Unless you're Rednose at that whatchamacallit track that one night :lol:

Great video - thanks Sam! That guy needs four feet! Fortunately (unfortunately) for us PCars2 made the clutch unneccesary as it was in Pcars1 in certain cars.

David, I have to agree with you on this point. One of the reasons I LOVE Project Cars 2 is the ability to race in the rain with wet tyres. Racing in rain without wet tyres is just no fun... it's impossible to get around the track. So let's embrace the rain!!! :scared: with wet tyres
*Fixed*

Thank you.

Ran some laps last night on the GP course and was burning the fronts off of the BMW after about 5 laps. Any suggestions other then being a better driver (that old gag)?

Ok, thanks to @davidt33 there will be a change of schedule. For the next 6 weeks we will be running at C.O.T.A. with every race in thunderstorm conditions, and all cars will be vintage with track tires only.

How's that for *Fixed* :eek:
I'm in - I love COTA. I say week one (Group B cars): Lotus 72D Week 2: Lotus78 Week 3: Lotus 49C Week4: BMW M1 ( The REAL M1, not the 1M) Week 5: Road E or whatever includes the Daytona and 69 Camaro Week 6: Ferrari GTO . If you just can't stand it, swap COTA for Long Beach every now and again. Just put Group A in the '69 Camaro every week....
Hey, you know where we haven't raced? Long Beach
Hey you know, they've raced everything at Long Beach....
Hey you know, it was really cool watching Lotus 78s race at Long Beach...
It's always sunny in Long Beach. Until it's not....

Back