◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Even though soft is the default for BOBs, you'll last longer with hard...

Yeah I saw that. If I have the choice I will always run hard up front and soft or med in the rear. Allows me to loosen the car up more. Right now I am hard up front and soft in the rear. I am locking the fronts so I will have to play with brake pressure and bias. I run the T3PA pro pedals with a ricmotech load cell so it allows me to run lower brake pressure then normal. Still will have to adjust.

I'm in - I love COTA. I say week one (Group B cars): Lotus 72D Week 2: Lotus78 Week 3: Lotus 49C Week4: BMW M1 ( The REAL M1, not the 1M) Week 5: Road E or whatever includes the Daytona and 69 Camaro Week 6: Ferrari GTO . If you just can't stand it, swap COTA for Long Beach every now and again. Just put Group A in the '69 Camaro every week....
Hey, you know where we haven't raced? Long Beach
Hey you know, they've raced everything at Long Beach....
Hey you know, it was really cool watching Lotus 78s race at Long Beach...
It's always sunny in Long Beach. Until it's not....
Lol
Yup, we will be running there soon, not very many tracks we still have left to run at.

Yeah I saw that. If I have the choice I will always run hard up front and soft or med in the rear. Allows me to loosen the car up more. Right now I am hard up front and soft in the rear. I am locking the fronts so I will have to play with brake pressure and bias. I run the T3PA pro pedals with a ricmotech load cell so it allows me to run lower brake pressure then normal. Still will have to adjust.
We could always race in the snow, that would keep front tire temps down, lol.
Don’t forget that we have “Force Realistic Settings” on, so if the car has ABS, TC and Stability you can use it. I rarely use TC or Stab, but when we were testing the Beemer, Lobban tried all three and said it was a big improvement, so I tried and agreed. Still need to play around with front tires though.
You will find the guys here will share their tunes, after all it is supposed to be a fun night and if we can make the racing closer by sharing set ups then so much the better.

Last edited:
I'm in - I love COTA. I say week one (Group B cars): Lotus 72D Week 2: Lotus78 Week 3: Lotus 49C Week4: BMW M1 ( The REAL M1, not the 1M) Week 5: Road E or whatever includes the Daytona and 69 Camaro Week 6: Ferrari GTO . If you just can't stand it, swap COTA for Long Beach every now and again. Just put Group A in the '69 Camaro every week....

Vintage lotus formulas on LB!! Where's the REALLY LIKE IT button??

@2pfspiff The BMW is one of those cars that has 3 different Pirelli compounds, and the default is soft.....

Even though soft is the default for BOBs, you'll last longer with hard...
:lol::lol::lol:
That was funny GT!!!

Last edited:
For the life of God anything but Long Beach. I’ll take COTA before devil Long Beach.

Speking of COTA: since @GUTTERBOY3007 is missing for a few weeks, I think it would be cool to run at COTA when he comes back - and HE picks the cars - sort of a housewarming gift for his new Lone Star Life.
I think it would be cool to do this even if we run COTA before then.
Good idea Shaun, and it would be another week me and Mike don’t have to think of anything! Thanks.

Unfortunately memory loss isn't isolated to all of the BOB's out there. I forgot that my wife has her honors society dinner for college this coming Monday so I will be out. I will be back the following week. Again my apologize.

Just ran 30 laps in the Beemer against the AI. Tire were between 37.7 and 38.1 for the entire race and a pretty redish green color the entire time, but other then poor driving there didn't seem to be any traction loss.

Last edited:
Just haven't had an opportunity to try the beemer out. I don't know if I'll be able to destroy the competition again this week if I don't run a few practice laps. Man, I sure would like to hold on to that Baawsome title for another week. It feels good to be on top! :D

Just haven't had an opportunity to try the beemer out. I don't know if I'll be able to destroy the competition again this week if I don't run a few practice laps. Man, I sure would like to hold on to that Baawsome title for another week. It feels good to be on top! :D
Destroy......ha.....
Finally some Baawesome bragging, bout time, you’ve had all week.....you guys really gotta start rubbing it in more cause ya know me and Lobban certainly would :D

:gtpflag:Cars and Track for Monday April 30th.:gtpflag:

Well, there are still some tracks we have not visited yet in PCars2 here in the Lounge, Sonoma being one of them, so that is where we are headed next week.
We decided it was time to get in some medium powered road cars as well, plus mix it up with one group in a FD and the other in a RD. These two cars are very close in performance so it will make things very interesting. Our biggest decision was which group gets what, but in the end we decided to give the Group A guys the Civic as it's slightly slower, but in the hands of the right drivers they will be faster than the BMW. Ok, who are we trying to kid, the real reason the A's are getting the Civic is so we can hear @yogi bear piss and moan about FD's, :lol:

Sonoma - All three layouts - all dry.

Group A
Honda Civic Type R
honda-civic-type-r-jpeg.732257

Group B
BMW M1 Coupe
bmw-m1-coupe-jpeg.732256
Aaaarrrrrrrrggggggg.....nnoooooooooooooo!!!

Lol
Yup, we will be running there soon, not very many tracks we still have left to run at.

We could always race in the snow, that would keep front tire temps down, lol.
Don’t forget that we have “Force Realistic Settings” on, so if the car has ABS, TC and Stability you can use it. I rarely use TC or Stab, but when we were testing the Beemer, Lobban tried all three and said it was a big improvement, so I tried and agreed. Still need to play around with front tires though.
You will find the guys here will share their tunes, after all it is supposed to be a fun night and if we can make the racing closer by sharing set ups then so much the better.
Abs, tc, stability control, front wheel drive, all wheel drive... bunch of sissy girly boys drive stuff like that. Real men drive vintage cars!... when I heard the b guys were assigned the BMW m1....I thought you were talking the m1 pro car. ...that really would have pissed me off.

Abs, tc, stability control, front wheel drive, all wheel drive... bunch of sissy girly boys drive stuff like that. Real men drive vintage cars!... when I heard the b guys were assigned the BMW m1....I thought you were talking the m1 pro car. ...that really would have pissed me off.
Oh I forgot I can turn that stuff on.

Rumor has it that there will be a Long Beach race with Group A in the Lotus 78 and Group B in the Procar....
At least that's the rumor I'm starting .

Speaking of a problem, I need help for this one
when I want to customize the HUD screen, I can not save the visual splitt screen (the little green/red bar and numbers indicating in time if you faster or slower relatif to your fastest lap)
I can modify its location (same for the other parameters) but when I try to save, the system accepts all changes except to make visible the visual splitt?
It seems that I can not save or back up with the G29 but only with the dualshock
Any suggestion ?
I have no idea what you are talking about, but you spelt hood wrong.

Hey @aerolite and friends, i'm finally ready for some fun on Monday if there's space for me? Any chance of some space for a cuddly Hamster? :D I'll be there 9pm my time on Monday! ;)

Back